Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Where is 1C?:decline: The one where our goat doctor has no words but where he feels intrigued by dismembered young girls?

BA. Ladies' toilet. No need for more words.

Kipeci

Arcane
We aren't the smart guy, were we? I thought we were just going with socially awkward creeper.

We should be sure to smell the girl after she gets out to uncover the mystery, though that'll work out for investigation.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Personally I want to be at laest be social awkward guy, who doesn't know how to act in presence of other people for while.
However during many of our future horror hijink we become more brave and more social as our adventures boldly goes further....Or spiral from his current awkardness towards total horrifying madness as his heart is strangled by fear even thought of contacting another human.
A fear, so strong that he scrounges up enough courage to simply destroy the source by clever sadistic plans.
Alas my dream of sociel inept guy is crushed by logic guys and yolo tiger mens:cry:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
BA. There's probably a completely reasonable explanation for what's going on in the bathroom, so our running in there will result in a comically awkward situation. But at least we won't be a coward.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Alas my dream of sociel inept guy is crushed by logic guys and yolo tiger mens:cry:
What YOLO tiger men? Don't get distracted by labels. People are quick to categorize things by known templates. Some think that ignoring the wierdness of this place and writing it off to our imagination is 'rational behavior'. You don't believe in ghosts and haunted places lying on a sofa in your house, so apparently you also shouldn't do that if you wake up in an abandoned hospital with no memories and no way out. Meanwhile, a truly rational mind would try to find an explanation within the rules of the setting it is placed in.

Previous protagonists might have done this because of their YOLO inclinations. Me, I just want to be a creepy peeping Tom.

We aren't the smart guy, were we? I thought we were just going with socially awkward creeper.
Whatever excuse lets us inside. :salute:

Also, I support TOME's movement for dismemberment appreciation.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
What YOLO tiger men? Don't get distracted by labels. People are quick to categorize things by known templates. Some think that ignoring the wierdness of this place and writing it off to our imagination is 'rational behavior'. You don't believe in ghosts and haunted places lying on a sofa in your house, so apparently you also shouldn't do that if you wake up in an abandoned hospital with no memories and no way out. Meanwhile, a truly rational mind would try to find an explanation within the rules of the setting it is placed in.

Previous protagonists might have done this because of their YOLO inclinations. Me, I just want to be a creepy peeping Tom.

Relax, it was highly exaggerated joke.
I know I tend to ramble and be quite unclear, but I thought that crying smiley and making inane ramblings would make it seems like a joke.

However I did not joke about spending bit more time building that social awkwardness character trait before this story transforms him to something, but things after that? Nothing more than attempting to make a joke...Well maybe not that psychopathic part:lol:.
Then again being creepy peeping tom might be just as effective as being scaredy cat in this case.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
hmmm
I flop to BC.
I changed my mind about being paranoid from start. Lets let the story itself make us paranoid rather than start being paranoid straight from start, because it's horror story.

I have a feeling that it could become most beautiful thing in whole story seeing a sane shy guy transforming to horrible wreck of paranoia.

Kipeci

Arcane
hmmm
I flop to BC.
I changed my mind about being paranoid from start. Lets let the story itself make us paranoid rather than start being paranoid straight from start, because it's horror story.

I have a feeling that it could become most beautiful thing in whole story seeing a sane shy guy transforming to horrible wreck of paranoia.
With his mind hijacked by the Codex I don't think there's a chance of that paranoia not happening in intense bursts at irregular intervals in the story where treave punishes us, followed by slides into complacency or else arbitrarily being spiked up by the whims of an internet collective.

The gentle slide is probably not going to happen, so I wouldn't make your choices based on that happening. If we'd started out with the looney loner or the oblivious friendly guy we'd at least have some measure by which to be consistent, ah well.

ScubaV

Prophet
If we're going to play the stuttering, scared, social retard let's play it to the hilt.

AC

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Newspaper
A - 11
B - 10

Toilet
A - 6
B - 0
C - 8
D - 8

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
AC

Xu Jing and Ean were both incredibly retarded brave - I kinda wanna play a guy who is kind of a pussy, which works in a horror setting like this. I also agree with Tigranes: while we might not be the cold, calculating Shulgi-type that thinks ten steps ahead, I rather like the idea of playing someone who is selfish and manipulative, but more to save his own skin than he is for any kind of grand master plan. Though of course, that might change in time.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
*sigh*

It is interesting to see that the 'Dex views visiting the lady's bathroom as an act of immense bravery, comparable with the heroics of Legend. :salute:

I guess my next best chance to get the character I want is to send our newfound frie meatshield ahead on a suicide mission. We intend to join him if he needs help, and by the looks of it, he will soon.

Flop to 2C.
Nevill AC
Ifeex xA
Azira BA
Kz3r0 BD
asxetos AA
Kipeci AD
ERYFKRAD BD
Elfberserker BC
LWC1996 BD
Jester AD
Tigranes AC
Zwist AC
Baltika9 AD
TOME BA
Night Goat BA
Grimgravy BC
Fangshi BC
Akkudakku BD
ScubaV AC
archaen AC
ChumBucket BD
Esquilax AC
Lambchop19 AC
Rex Feral BA>BD

A - 11
B - 12

A - 6 (5)
C - 10
D - 8 (9)
The gentle slide is probably not going to happen, so I wouldn't make your choices based on that happening.
Regardless of what is happening in the heads of the voters, the changes in the character are always gradual.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
With his mind hijacked by the Codex I don't think there's a chance of that paranoia not happening in intense bursts at irregular intervals in the story where treave punishes us, followed by slides into complacency or else arbitrarily being spiked up by the whims of an internet collective.

The gentle slide is probably not going to happen, so I wouldn't make your choices based on that happening. If we'd started out with the looney loner or the oblivious friendly guy we'd at least have some measure by which to be consistent, ah well.

That's true.
I kinda wished that we witnessed couple more creepy things around here, before our character gets healthy dose of paranoia.
Oh well, I suppose having panic bursts once awhile is fine too.

*sigh*

It is interesting to see that the 'Dex views visiting the lady's bathroom as an act of immense bravery, comparable with the heroics of Legend. :salute:

Hold on!
Don't you know that Ladies bathroom is one of those places, where there is higher chance to encounter a TRAP!?
OR they might even make us as TRAP in there!?!?
I could probably make a comment or two about golden showers and coco trains, but I will leave that to your imagination.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AC

Codex picks the emo. Not surprising. How many updates before we start cutting ourself?

Something is odd about this girl and I have a feeling A2 is the shortcut to find out what.

Although c2 might have him getting raped instead of us. :hmmm:

Edit flop to AC because if Nevill

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
When we finally become the murder doctor lets use this line: "Congratulations, You are my first patient... ever!" And then comes the brain bashing.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Fuck, you guys actually went with the socially inept...so much for our charismatic sociopath playthrough :roll:

Anyway, BA>BD #YoloTigering

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom