Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Absinthe

Arcane
B.

Wtf is wrong with you guys. Who knows how much blood Elizabeth is going to take from us? For all we know it has incredibly negative effects. Most importantly, what if us allowing her to do this will prevent us from rescuing Rain. We should rescue Rain first and then we can MAYBE let her suck our blood.
Dude, we have 8 constitution. If we had 4 constitution this would be a real concern. With 8 constitution I doubt it'll affect us in any meaningful way. That's the benefit constitution stat gives us: it takes more to meaningfully harm (or exhaust) the MC, and I'm pretty sure Elizabeth isn't actively trying to fuck us up. I'd sooner be worried about throwing off Elizabeth resulting in distractions and complications than ignoring it and continuing on towards Rain.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B.

Wtf is wrong with you guys. Who knows how much blood Elizabeth is going to take from us? For all we know it has incredibly negative effects. Most importantly, what if us allowing her to do this will prevent us from rescuing Rain. We should rescue Rain first and then we can MAYBE let her suck our blood.
Dude, we have 8 constitution. If we had 4 constitution this would be a real concern. With 8 constitution I doubt it'll affect us in any meaningful way. That's the benefit constitution stat gives us: it takes more to meaningfully harm (or exhaust) the MC, and I'm pretty sure Elizabeth isn't actively trying to fuck us up. I'd sooner be worried about throwing off Elizabeth resulting in distractions and complications than ignoring it and continuing on towards Rain.
Inb4 7 constitution

Absinthe

Arcane
Still better than getting distracted when we need to get to Rain as quickly as possible. Even if she drinks so deep as to cause temporary stat damage, with our new astra I'm pretty sure we can overcome the present circumstance. We can heal up afterwards, although presumably in a crisis like this the hospital is open for emergency looting and we have 3 alchemy so it wouldn't be surprising if we managed to find something to heal ourselves with in the hospital itself. Actually, as an orderly who works here, we probably already know where a lot of medical stuff and other shit is located, considering we're the guy who moves stuff around, not to mention we have a Tome of Theseus, so odds are we've already mapped pretty much the entire hospital.

Huh. Our odds of being able to take quieter paths through the hospital and find useful shit are looking pretty good.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Honestly, at this stage I'm extremely confident we can find and use medicine to treat blood loss, given the circumstances.

We could even try to help out others and emerge from this disaster with an even better reputation than +25.

Orbit

Scholar
A. Hopefully this will help Liz to get back on her feet and then we can go on a monster hunt together with Rain.

Orbit

Scholar
You mean to say we strongly favour to get sucked by a girl looking even more underage than she actually is?

Absinthe

Arcane
Honestly, in the scheme of things, even if we were to temporarily lose 3 points of constitution, that would only knock us down to the constitution score of an average person, with all our astras intact, while Liz would power up with 3 points of constitution in her system, making her a lot stronger.

Also, fun fact: Apparently Uridimmu is invoked in rituals to look after the sick? Don't know if it has any bearing on the present circumstance or not, but seems worth noting.

Last edited:

ChumBucket

Augur
Uridimmu is a primordial monster and child of Timiat from Mesopotamian lore who was eventually killed and repurposed by Marduk in his quest to start civilization

Also, fun fact: Apparently Uridimmu is invoked in rituals to look after the sick? Don't know if it has any bearing on the present circumstance or not, but seems worth noting.

Maybe there was a reason for me always wanting to let doggy out to play.... :M

Baltika9

Arcane
All round, it feels like one of those moments when we all unanimously vote then unanimously regret A.
Worst case scenario, we become a vampire too. Now, I prefer Tremere to Nosferatu, but Nosferatu are still kinda cool.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nah, we Gangrel now.
gangrel.jpg
Hopefully, not to this extent, though...
HdcYw2aY_o.jpg

jprq0jfq_o.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You will become a Toreador that looks like
latest

At any rate it looks like A overwhelmingly takes it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Apparently the real stat damage was to Beauty all along.

Better watch out for those fairy tale witches. They want our looks.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Whoops, had to catch up a little work + just discovered the existence of the Tie Fighter Total Conversion mod, will try to complete the update by today.
:shredder:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bedlam (IV)

After a short while, Elizabeth proclaims herself satisfied. “That was great!”

She hops down from your back, apparently well enough to move on her own. While you haven’t lost enough blood to affect you, you cast her a puzzled look. She is licking her lips clean of your blood, as if there was nothing strange at all about her sucking from your neck.

“Are you alright?” you ask, slowly, not knowing how to broach the subject.

Elizabeth speeds up to match your pace, walking besides you. “Never felt better! It’s like… like I’m finally awake at long last. I feel so alive!” She makes a show of punching the air with left and right jabs, giggling.

That giggle turns into an excited peal of girlish laughter as she spots another transformed beast turning the corner in front of you. From the tattered green uniform, you can tell it used to be an orderly, someone like you. Before you or the beast can react, she streaks towards it, her red hair trailing in her wake. Elizabeth’s fingers plunge deep into the former orderly’s belly and rips it apart. Blood and viscera spatter all over her and she wrinkles her nose over the dying monster. “Okay, now this stinks. Yours was better.” She giggles again.

The last time Elizabeth was excitably violent and giggly, she was drunk at the village’s harvest festival. Granted, she was not anywhere near as violent as she is now back then, but perhaps it is only a matter of scale. Or a matter of what she imbibed. Given the timing, it almost seems as if she has gotten drunk off your blood.

She bats her eyelashes at you slowly and exaggeratedly. “Oh, would you mind if I had some more-“

“No.” You reflexively place your hand over your neck and shake your head. “We need to hurry.”

“Mm, you’re no fun. Fine, let’s go get Rain,” she sighs.

It does not take long until you reach the room where Rain usually stays while you are on the night shift. Opening the door, you are greeted with a gruesome sight.

Not all of the hospital’s inhabitants had been turned into monsters. A nurse lies dead on the floor, her face half eaten, her throat ripped out and her guts spilled. Her ribcage has been caved in and cracked open. The floor is almost black, stained with clotted blood.

“You’re late!” With that as your sole warning, Rain drops down from a cubby-hole in the ceiling and lands right in your arms. Looking at the dead nurse sadly, she says, “Lisa let me hide up there. Then, they broke in.”

You nod silently. Despite the harrowing experience, Rain doesn’t seem any worse for the wear. Just then, Rain notices Elizabeth and her face brightens up. “Lizzie!”

“Heya!” grins Elizabeth in return. Her incisors don’t seem to be any longer than usual… you think.

“You seem better now! That’s good!”

The two girls seem to be in good spirits despite the hell that must be unfolding in the rest of the hospital… better than you are, at least. You close your eyes, take a deep breath, and focus. For now, your priority is to make sure they survive this. Consulting the map you have, you try to determine the next best course of action.

A. You try to escape through the front gates. It is the shortest and most direct path you have out of the hospital. You might run into more of the turned, but you can handle them.

B. You try to escape through the back gates. While the route is longer, you will have more cover and places to conceal yourself on the way there.

C. You bunker down in your current position. An incident like this will not stay hidden for long – there will be a response from the Hunters in the city. You just have to wait until they arrive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom