Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

magic as a field of science

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1. I haven't seen it, thus it does not exist. (which is not rational)
2. I haven't seen it, so I don't fucking know. (which is pretty smart)

lol

welcome back yo, we missed ya

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
divine vs arcane magic.

In reality, both are ways of utilising your psychic powers. There is no real division. And neither works with 100% certainty, and both depend for their efficacy on strength of belief of both the caster and the onlookers. Jesus wasn't able to heal in his home village where everybody had prejudices about him. Similarly, a spell can be interrupted by someone else's psychic energies. It could be said that, in a world of sceptics, there can be no magic. It could be that true paladins don't just hate arcane spell casters and witches, they deny their abilities ("only God is capable of miracles", so you have to invoke God or his servants, there is no other magic), and it's this scepticism that provides them with protection or even immunity to evil magic.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom