Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mahjong

musouking

Educated
Patron
Unfortunately, barely anyone cares about him.
Obviously Fukumoto have a preference for Akagi and don't care about Ten himself. His "Tenhou! Chuuren poutou!" is pretty impressive.

Lucumo

Educated
Unfortunately, barely anyone cares about him.
Obviously Fukumoto have a preference for Akagi and don't care about Ten himself. His "Tenhou! Chuuren poutou!" is pretty impressive.
Hmm, yeah. Makes me wonder when exactly the Akagi manga started. After all, the Ten manga took a while to get actually going. Maybe the Akagi manga actually introduced Akagi first and then he was featured in Ten. It's been a while since I've read both of them. Still, the Akagi manga/anime really starts dragging eventually, when it gets bloody. Meanwhile, Ten simply gets better as it progresses.

1740372-p0-master1200.jpg

1709118-p0-master1200.jpg

(And damn, Pixiv is full of BL stuff for this...)

musouking

Educated
Patron
Maybe the Akagi manga actually introduced Akagi first and then he was featured in Ten
Akagi appears in Ten early and get high popularity very soon so Fukumoto began to draw the spin off prequel. The ending of manga Ten is nothing about Ten himself but
the death of Akagi
. Maybe that’s why it ends smoothly.

Too many fujoshi in Pixiv, I don’t search about man on it to protect my eyes.

Lucumo

Educated
Akagi appears in Ten early and get high popularity very soon so Fukumoto began to draw the spin off prequel. The ending of manga Ten is nothing about Ten himself but
the death of Akagi

Was it that early? I remember Ten loafing around a lot in the beginning...before the manga actually took a direction.

It's nice because it's a generational thing with Akagi (old), Ten (middle-aged) and Hiroyuki (young). Akagi got his spin-off then and so did Hiroyuki. But I haven't read that one, so I can't tell whether it's a worthy sequel. Also, it looks like I rated Ten higher than Akagi.

I basically never use Pixiv. The UI is pretty bad and I haven't read any manga or watched anime in years. (Not to mention that I typically don't chat about that topic, hehe.)

musouking

Educated
Patron
the death of Akagi

Was it that early? I remember Ten loafing around a lot in the beginning...before the manga actually took a direction.

It's nice because it's a generational thing with Akagi (old), Ten (middle-aged) and Hiroyuki (young). Akagi got his spin-off then and so did Hiroyuki. But I haven't read that one, so I can't tell whether it's a worthy sequel. Also, it looks like I rated Ten higher than Akagi.

I basically never use Pixiv. The UI is pretty bad and I haven't read any manga or watched anime in years. (Not to mention that I typically don't chat about that topic, hehe.)
Hiroyuki's spin-off is not drawn by Fukumoto and quite mediocre not worthy.

Neither do I. Only some manga or anime older than my age I will pick up on a whim recent years.

Lucumo

Educated
Hiroyuki's spin-off is not drawn by Fukumoto and quite mediocre not worthy.

Neither do I. Only some manga or anime older than my age I will pick up on a whim recent years.
Meh, you are right. While Fukumoto's drawing in Ten and such aren't that good in an objective way, I quite liked the style.

Anime for me is always pre-2010, though I definitely prefer the 70s, 80s and 90s. For manga I'm more open but I basically only read stuff not adaptated into anime and very rarely at that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom