Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Making great games: Bethesda's trade-secrets revealed!

obediah

Erudite
aries202 said:
HI :)
As I recall, I've have read that Todd Howard started out as normal employee of Bethsoft's back in the 1990's. And I'm sure he was good at his job -
but just because people are good at what they do
don't mean that they are going to be good (or great) leaders - necessarily.

It's called the Peter Principle.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
The impression I got from this comment is that Todd plays Call of Duty too much.

All-in-all Todd describes himself as a mainstream gamer retard type, usually the types of people were are 'working against' I guess. Except Todd runs his own company.

There is some truth in that I think. It's an impression I got from several of their devs over time. They are gamers, all right, but with broad tastes and of an easy-to-wow disposition. MSFD, as much as I like the guy, seems to be really fond of console-type games. So personality wise they are in a better position to make a mainstream "wow" game then focusing on RPG gameplay.

denizsi

Arcane
7. The person in history I'd probably describe as my hero is...

The unnamed soldiers who stormed the beaches of Normandy. Or the ones who parachuted in early. I find D-Day to be an event that I still can’t really comprehend the enormity of.

Does anyone else find it strange that this coincides with the shitloads of WW2 games which have been coming out like an everbleeding stream of blood for the last 5+ years, with special emphasis on specific days in the most cliché of ways, such as D-Day, which also happens to be the most reproduced situation?

Wow. If I were trying to parody this guy I couldn't have come up with somethign so bad.

Considering that, he may actually be thinking that people at codex and even people at ESF shitting on Oblivion really like him and approve everything he does, you know? Creepy..

Whatever one may think of Todd, this thread isn't exactly an example of intelligence, attitude, and wit, either.

Nice thing in this thread is, hardly anyone is claiming to be witty and intelligent with his/her responses. Todd & co, on the other hand, are.

Besides, without all these responses, where else would Toddler experience his teenager years all over again? These people here help him live a nostalgia by insulting him and slapping his imbecility on his face. Best years of a person is his/her teenager years, as they say.

As for chess, I've thought that somebody else would have said this already; no matter what move you do, you win at all costs. So does your opponent, but you just don't get to know that and vice versa.

galsiah

Erudite
denizsi said:
As for chess, I've thought that somebody else would have said this already; no matter what move you do, you win at all costs.
Interesting.
Physical attacks are frowned upon in UK tournaments. I'll make sure to watch my back if I play in Turkey.

denizsi

Arcane
Physical attacks are frowned upon in UK tournaments. I'll make sure to watch my back if I play in Turkey.

I believe there's a pun in there, but I fail to see it.

galsiah

Erudite
No - just responding to this:
"...no matter what move you do, you win at all costs..."

It brings to mind a player who makes random moves, starts losing, then jumps the board and bludgeons his opponent into submission with a handy rook. Just me being silly :).

denizsi

Arcane
It brings to mind a player who makes random moves, starts losing, then jumps the board and bludgeons his opponent into submission with a handy rook. Just me being silly

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, because:

you win at all costs. So does your opponent, but you just don't get to know that and vice versa.

:P

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Especially since all your key pieces are unkillable.
commie.gif

I was hoping nobody had used that one yet!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom