Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mandragora - story-driven side-scroller action RPG with Brian Mitsoda as narrative lead

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Mitsoda come-back attempt, round two (or three if you want to count Dead State which didn’t exactly set the world on fire)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mankind has surrendered the world to the monsters. People hide away behind walls of brick and palisades of ignorance, constructed by their leaders. Joy and delight are coveted jewels, out of reach of the masses. This is not the world you were promised. Travel by night and take it back.

Journey through a world in decline, slowly falling prey to the damaging effects of Entropy. Fight against vicious enemies, challenge unique, deadly bosses, meet new allies, enemies, and every shade in-between, and make harsh moral choices. There are many paths worth taking. Choose yours.

Key Features

Explore a universe of gorgeous paint strokes: Immerse yourself in a rich, dark, painterly 2.5D world as the epic and twisted music composed by Christos Antoniou brings this atmospheric world to life.

Delve into a story-driven dark fantasy adventure: Leave the sanctuary of Crimson City and travel through a vast, interconnected world that will take you from dark forests to deadly swamps, burning deserts, and more.

Enter the dark realm of Entropy: Acquire the legendary Witch Lantern and enter the dark realm of Entropy through tears in the fabric of reality.

Encounter horrific monsters and terrifying creatures: Add fallen foes to your bestiary as you battle distinctive enemies and unique, deadly bosses to discover what lurks in the shadows.

Play your way: Master the punishing side-scrolling action as one of multiple unique classes and customize your character’s active skills through a deep and rewarding character development system. Complete the game and start anew on countless NG+ difficulty levels.

Upgrade your toolset: Find artisans to join your growing caravan to unlock new upgrades. Grow herbs to brew beneficial potions and craft powerful weapons, armor and trinkets to help you along the way.

Steam store link to Mandragora

Kickstarter goes live on September 20th

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It has a Steam page but they need to fund development through Kickstarter. :hmmm:

jungl

Augur
not feeling it platforming looks boring. Thing is when it comes to 2d side scroller rpg mechanics is the last important thing if its good or not

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How the fuck did they get Brian on board? Do they have dirt on him? Did they bribe him with jpegs of Therese nudes?
Why makes you think Brian would be opposed to working on this kind of game?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
How the fuck did they get Brian on board? Do they have dirt on him? Did they bribe him with jpegs of Therese nudes?
I don't know. It's just. I have never heard of this dev before. Side Scrollers, especially dark soul like, are dime a dozen. I really don't see what's so special about this game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't know. It's just. I have never heard of this dev before. Side Scrollers, especially dark soul like, are dime a dozen. I really don't see what's so special about this game.
Nothing's special about anything he's ever worked on.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Guy with lantern and sword on cover has only one leg. Is second leg stretch goal for their Kickstarter? Game looks quite promising, I just hope Project has both legs to stand on

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guy with lantern and sword on cover has only one leg. Is second leg stretch goal for their Kickstarter? Game looks quite promising, I just hope Project has both legs to stand on
I guess the dev is a fan of battle bros.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
A sneak peek at Mandragora gameplay!
Hi everyone!

Hope you’re excited to see a bit more of Mandragora! We have released some footage of Braer Castle, an area that we just love exploring:

In this video you can see a few of the enemies that the Castle has to offer as well as some traversal gameplay mechanics. We’d like you to please note that this is pre-alpha gameplay with several unfinished/temporary/missing assets, animations, and audio and so it is subject to change, but you can see how Mandragora is shaping up!

If you’ve been keeping up-to-date with our updates on social (if not yet, you can find us on Twitter here) you might have seen a few content creators have posted impressions of their time with an early pre-alpha build of Mandragora so you can go check out some of their videos on YouTube right now!

We appreciate your support and we hope to show you more soon!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Mitsoda is working on a vampire game, but its a side scrolling action
ss_6286ea3e0cb9d8b90db68b1c50541dff4eb83194.1920x1080.jpg

Herumor

Scholar
Mitsoda is working on a vampire game, but its a side scrolling action
You can't even play as a vampire, so what's the fucking point?

Not to mention

>Soulslike

I wonder what the fuck they called these games before Souls games started being popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom