Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mandragora - story-driven side-scroller action RPG with Brian Mitsoda as narrative lead

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"side-scroller" part is a huge turn off for me. But I'll await for 'dex opinions. I hope someone here tries the demo and writes their impressions.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
takes forever to boot. Like few mins, wtf is this? not like anything special is happening inside. Also few agreements, EULAS, and that extremely annoying hold space to agree(I assume console shit?)
Used keyboard. dodging(shift) crashes the game if used frequently.
Most useless char gen, could have skipped it and provide screen shot instead at this point.
Going left to progress is extremely weird, not sure if i could get used to it. You start in the middle of nowhere, with hostile environments in both directions. Some city/hub instead would make more sense...
Slashing sword while mid air results in double jump... sort of. It is funny considering that your character cant double jump normally
While on jumping - there are lots of platformer sequences but I find it impossible to 'feel' my character jump distance. Thinking about it now perhaps thats the reason why every ledge is marked as something you can hang on to? Devs might have tried to fix this issue by giving you some leeway. Instead now every jump appears to be tuned to your character barely making it and grabbing the ledge, thus increasing my frustration. It aint prince of persia
gameplay(combat) wise I think I hate 2d souls like games. Or at least this one? I loved regions of ruin, not sure what makes it different from this

notpl

Arbiter
Kind of glad I took a moment to try the demo, because it's irredeemable. Full game won't even be worth pirating, sadly, this is a total pass.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mitsoda can't catch a break. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom