Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Manual?

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Any chance of there being one as a pdf or somesuch? Prolly puts me in a minority, but I loves me a good manual. Plus it would be a cool place to see more of the concept art and whatnot cuz the concept art is effing sweet.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sure. I love a good manual myself, in fact, I have one bookshelf dedicated to all the nice manuals I've accumulated in my life. Anyway, I can't print one, but I'll make a nice pdf with art, detailed descriptions, and other goodness.

Fez

Erudite
What? No leather-bound book with gold leaf titles? Cheapskate!

Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to make it up. It is disappointing to read a manual and find that it is badly written with poor explanations, is two pages long, the layout is awkward and worst of all is factually incorrect. At least with the electronic manual format it should all be correct on release. By the time printed manuals are made the developers have often made the information within the manuals out of date. There shall be much complaining if the manuals lead us astray.

Vault Dweller

Developer
What are you talking about? How dare you?!

Here is a sample paragraph:

Magikal spellz:

Spells aer very importent because you want to have a powarful character who can kick ass and cast wicked spells. It's not about kicking ass, it's about respect you get from NPCs after you kicked their asses!!! So you should look for magic spells as soon as you start plaeing so you can finally get some respect! A dailog option "Teach me how to cast magic spells, faget!" will be available.

If you can't deafet your enemy, just type this cheatcode: u r ded, faget!

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
you got my hopes up for magic spells to kick npc ass and then i figured out that u were lying. :cry:

Fucking tease. :lol:
Anyways, if it's going to be in an electronic format be sure to include a good index with wiki-like links for ease of use.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Crazy Tuvok said:
Any chance of there being one as a pdf or somesuch? Prolly puts me in a minority, but I loves me a good manual.
I think everyone loves a good manual.
It's good that there'll be a pdf, but I'd like to have a good in-game help system Spiderweb-like. It's not so important, though...

Vault Dweller

Developer
In-game help systems are kinda annoying, at least for me. I'm under the impression that the game is easy and intuitive to play. R-clicking on objects brings up a menu of choices, etc. L-click to move and do stuff from attacking to picking menu options. Definitely not a rocket science.

kris

Arcane
Elwro said:
Crazy Tuvok said:
Any chance of there being one as a pdf or somesuch? Prolly puts me in a minority, but I loves me a good manual.
I think everyone loves a good manual.

Real gamers don't read manuals, takes time away from gaming. Manuals are also written "moron indicators". :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom