Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 is the Best RPG of All Time

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
<p>... at least according to MyGaming, a site that conjured up an editorial about <a href="http://www.mygaming.co.za/news/features/6872-The-best-rated-Role-playing-games.html" target="_blank"><em>The 10 best rated Role-playing games.</em></a></p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>1. Mass Effect 2 (2010)</strong> - 95.66%</p>
<p>Everyone who has played Mass Effect 2 knows why this rightfully holds the number 1 spot. Anyone who hasn't played it has missed out on a golden moment in gaming history. The high quality production combined with a captivating plot, strong characters, exciting and fun combat, and near perfect pacing made for one of the best titles of 2010 so far. Perhaps the only thing holding Mass Effect 2 back from an even better score is the ridiculous resource mining element.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Personally I blame all the emotional engagement going on in ME2 for its success, I mean it can't be the rich RPG elements, right?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15440">RPGWatch</a></p>

Micmu

Magister
I always had no doubts that the bestest arrpeegee will be the game that isn't arrrpeegee at all!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We should announce Oblivion as the best FPS of all time.

grotsnik

Arcane
Thank God for rigorous investigative journalism.

To find these rankings out myself I would've had to, you know, go onto GameRankings and read them there.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If Mass Effect 2 is an RPG, then Super Mario Brothers is a Real-Time-Strategy game: you gotta plan out your jumps in "real" time.

DarkUnderlord said:

That would be quite insulting to FPS games though.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:

Do it, sucka'.

Have someone write a comprehensive review on why it deserves that title too.

The hilarity should be outrageous.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Holding an esteemed number 10 spot is the first title from Black Isle and the first in the legendary Fallout series. Fallout proved to be a seminal title from Black Isle, who went on to produce an amazing sequel, the fantastic Planescape: Torment, and critically acclaimed AD&D hack-n'-slash Icewind Dale.

:retarded:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
commie said:
Jaesun said:
oh look, another gaming site no one has ever heard of that has a shit top 10 rpg list.

Yet the Codex picks it up and gets butthurt so the cunts get all smug and self important.

Not really. These top 10 "news" posts as well as all the molylewl post are apparently "funny". I usually just ignore them and move on.

Seriously VoD, you need some better material on slow news days. :P

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Jaesun said:
oh look, another gaming site no one has ever heard of that has a shit top 10 rpg list.

should have written an article for your top 5 thingie, maybe you would have gotten news coverage too

Seriously VoD, you need some better material on slow news days.

Sure, point me to them when you see them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Seriously VentilatorOfDoom, that wasn't a personal attack at you, and I think you do pretty much a good job posting news here (I even think you are a pretty cool guy). But some of the Molylewl stuff isn't really funny (for me) or relevant I think to the codex.

That's just my opinion, others may vary.

Anyways, carry on good sir. :salute:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Jaesun said:
Seriously VentilatorOfDoom, that wasn't a personal attack at you, and I think you do pretty much a good job posting news here (I even think you are a pretty cool guy). But some of the Molylewl stuff isn't really funny (for me) or relevant I think to the codex.

That's just my opinion, others may vary.

Anyways, carry on good sir. :salute:

Cool that it wasn't a personal attack because I didn't perceive it as one either, but thanks for the confirmation. Also I was being serious, if you see better newsitems, point me to them.

Silellak

Cipher
I fucking hate both of you so much it makes my teeth bleed.

That wasn't a personal attack I swear

I'm just kidding. I love you both dearly.

Fags.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You need the much better Batlin avatar (SI) Silellak.

And I love you too. no homo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom