Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
FUCK YEAH EXTREME

Wait, to be concluded? FFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffff

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
FAQ of the Resurrection

Q: Why resurrect this LP?
A: You can blame this movie:
Battle_Los_Angeles_Poster.jpg

Q: So, is Shepard still the same Shepard from ME1 and ongoing ME2 LP?
A: His mask will come off after this DLC is concluded. So we'll see.

Q: What's next after this DLC? Is that all for this LP?
A: I'll destroy the threat of the Collectors, then get the Arrival DLC. Then we'll go for Mass Effect 3.

Q: What about your other LPs?
A: I need to schedule updates for them as well. Consider the Knights of Xentar LP to be on a hiatus. King Arthur is still going at glacial pace, and Hawke Effect 2 will wait for Twinkle to go ahead with his run.

Q: Comments of the current DLC?
A: If you ask me, I'll take Mass Effect 2 DLC over Dragon Age any day. A car chase? Massive shoot outs? Some interesting reveals on Liara. I like the combat. I got into Insanity even after inactive for a year. It's very corridor-shooter at times, but it's fun. You cannot convince me to play DA2 on Nightmare.

Also, I did not screenshot the boss fight against Tela after that hostage situation. It didn't make sense in terms of narrative. She was running with heavy wounds, took a hostage, and got shot for it. And she still start the fight with full Biotics Barrier, Shield and Health. I plink her shield down to half, and she summon rocket drones, mercs to fight for her. Another half of shield gone, and she does the same. Finally, she stopped calling reinforcement and I killed her after 15 minutes of reloading and deaths. Not a very good story material.

:salute: It's good to be back.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So, uh, do you do LPs for a living or something, RK?

That said, it's good to have you back <3

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
So, uh, do you do LPs for a living or something, RK?

Unfortunately not, that's why there isn't much incentive except "It's a fun game. Or so bad that it's good."

It's a hobby of mine. If there's even a remote chance of securing a mid-paying job just doing LPs, I'd quit my current job and do it.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Even though the Normandy can get close enough to the planet without being detected, it is still too large and will be easily spotted as it approach. A shuttle insertion is the only way.

02.jpg

03.jpg

shep.jpg
The Shadow Broker lives in this?
liara.jpg
His ship follows the sunset. Completely undetectable in the storm, unless you know where to look.
shep.jpg
How do we get inside?
liara.jpg
The shuttle bay is locked down. We'll need to land the ship and hunt for a hatch. But we can't stay outside for long. There's a constant lightning storm where hot and cold air collide.
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

liara.jpg
There's nothing below but maintenance equipment. We have to find the entrance near the back shielding. Maintenance drones!
08.jpg

09.jpg

liara.jpg
Shepard, try firing at the capacitors!
10.jpg

Another shooting gimmick. Like exploding crates and barrels, the capacitors provide an easy way to deal free damage to the enemy, and they don't blow up permanently. Just wait as they recharge for a second explosion.

11.jpg

We're not even close. Pulling this switch opens a new passage. We have to head till the end of that glowing bloom.

12.jpg

13.jpg

At least the view is beautiful.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

liara.jpg
Navigating this storm is brutal. If the ship's engines stop for a moment...At least the Shadow Broker would go down with us.
shep.jpg
That's comforting.

18.jpg

More shoot-outs later, we hit another switch.

19.jpg

liara.jpg
There! The hatch leads directly to the communication signals.
20.jpg

21.jpg

shep.jpg
How long would it take?
liara.jpg
I don't know, Shepard. I've never broken into the Shadow Broker's base before. Well, not this one, anyway.
22.jpg

Hold the line mission begins. It would've been quite difficult to defend, if it wasn't for their predictable waves and helpful capacitors dotting the landscape.

23.jpg

24.jpg

liara.jpg
That security upgrade made a lot of people unhappy. Look out! More on the way!
25.jpg

If they keep spawning at the capacitors, this fight is only going to get easier.

liara.jpg
Their attacks are disorganized. They'd be more effective if they all attacked at once.
shep.jpg
Please don't give the mercs ideas.
liara.jpg
The next wave looks like a big one!
shep.jpg
Keep dreaming, T'Soni.
26.jpg

Fucking finally.

27.jpg

28.jpg

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
PlanHex said:
Krap said:
Will you resurrect the fem shep lp RK47?
Fuck that. He needs to resurrect this one, not the pussy-shep LP.
I thought it was a very humorous lp that perfectly displayed the nonexistant replay value in Mass Effect with great comments from renegade shep. Maybe I want that lp back more since it was the first lp from RK47 I read.

RK47

Patron
Sorry for the short update, the in-game fighting was too long and I had to cut the update short when I entered the ship. But here's the rest of it!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

liara.jpg
I've downloaded the ship's layout. We're headed towards the prison block...and Feron.
10.jpg

Looks like a torture chamber. Let's break inside.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

liara.jpg
Feron!
14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

shep.jpg
I thought this looked too easy.
19.jpg

liara.jpg
Do you know where we can cut the power?
feron.jpg
It won't be easy. You'll have to go to central operations.
shep.jpg
What's the point of this cage?
20.jpg

liara.jpg
It's a neural grounding rod. The medical equipment is to make sure he doesn't...expire. We have to shut this place down!
shep.jpg
Where did the Broker get the mercs?
21.jpg

liara.jpg
Shepard, we really don't have the time!
shep.jpg
What do you know about the Broker?
feron.jpg
He did this to me.
shep.jpg
I was hoping you'd know what he is.
feron.jpg
I never got a good look, but he's big. The guards are terrified of him.
liara.jpg
A krogan?
feron.jpg
I don't know, but not everyone who visits his office comes back out.
22.jpg

feron.jpg
Don't underestimate him! He prepares for everything. Central operations is down the hall. You know the Shadow Broker's waiting for you right?
shep.jpg
I'm counting on it.
liara.jpg
We'll be back for you, Feron!
feron.jpg
I'll try not to go anywhere.
23.jpg

We fight our way to the Broker's office.

24.jpg

There it is...let's start the truth.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg

30.jpg

shep.jpg
Not reckless, just determined. Ask your asari Spectre about that.
31.jpg

liara.jpg
Expendable like Feron?
shadow.jpg
Dr. T'Soni. Your interference caused all this. Feron betrayed me when he handed you Shepard's body. The drell is simply paying the price.
shep.jpg
It'll be pretty hard to run a base this size with no crew.
shadow.jpg
They're replaceable. Your arrival is barely an interruption.
shep.jpg
Someone was bound to come after you for working with the Collectors.
shadow.jpg
It was a mutually beneficial partnership. Your arrival is convenient. The Collector's offer still stands.
32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

liara.jpg
You're not putting a hand on anyone!
36.jpg

liara.jpg
Is that right?
37.jpg

liara.jpg
This base is older than your planet's discovery, which probably means you killed the original Shadow Broker sixty years ago, then took over.
37a.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Liara said:
That security upgrade made a lot of people unhappy.
The half-assed lore comments to try and explain gameplay changes are so pathetic. You want to eliminate omni-gel and introduce ammo? That's fine. Mention it in the manual. Then never bring it up again. Because every time you do, you remind people that your explanation is utterly retarded. So the locks got upgraded? every single one of them? in just 2 years? IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GALAXY? Next thing you're gonna try and tell me that the company that manufactures the heat sink has such amazingly good marketing that they managed to get their product even onto a derelict Reaper that has been sitting there for tens of thousands of years.

And Bioware really need to work on their twists. A never-heard-of-before alien species pulled out of your ass at the precise moment you need it? that's not a twist.

LP itself is excellent :salute:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
RK47 said:
Q: What's next after this DLC? Is that all for this LP?
A: I'll destroy the threat of the Collectors, then get the Arrival DLC. Then we'll go for Mass Effect 3.
I'm having difficulties thoroughly communicating my excitement.
Smiley will have to do:
:clap:

Drakron

Arcane
DramaticPopcorn said:
Fight big motherfucking boss in the end.

He is a pleasure to fight.

Oh and Arrival was just released (its also too damn short but damn, one of the fights is kinda hard).

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DramaticPopcorn said:
Yep, that's to what it all boils down.

Fight big motherfucking boss in the end.

Such a letdown.

An essential part of the lore and all you do is kill him? This is like, THE PLACE for 50 million dialogue options :(

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I was let down by the 'I gotta kill or be killed' tone of that encounter. The Shadow Broker may not have been the original, but surely he can offer a lot more information on the Reaper / Collectors aside from 'NO I WANNA KILL YOU' encounter.

But at least the conclusion tonight is going to be quite badass IMO.(Fuck Dragon Effect 2, Mass Effect team really did way better with Shepard than Hawke)

Update in 5 hours...unless The Sims Medieval can distract me...tee heee.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Finally, the boss fight. Compared to the Asari Spectre, this is a piece of cake. There's no hostile reinforcement and your third squad member is disabled except for Liara. Straightforward.

02.jpg

Peel off his shield and armor quickly while he lumbers forward.

03.jpg

Evade, and take cover behind another pillar while hitting Shadow Broker continuously till his armor drops. Then this will happen...

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Alright, 2nd form. His shield will make it harder to target the hit-boxes, but he's still too big to miss.

28.jpg

29.jpg

Once more....with the power of the dragon!

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

Woman, don't you look down on me.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Dodged his shield at the last moment!

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

Mission Accomplished.

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

With the death of the Shadow Broker, a power vacuum will begin to form...the spider at the center of it all has met its end, the web is collapsing.

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

An opportunity that cannot go to waste.

83.jpg

84.jpg

Liara scrambled her voice and began to speak...

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
How disappointing, the Shadow Broker, after all of the hype it was nothing but a conveniently asspulled horrible vagina-faced monster? Didn't humans also attacked aliens during the 1st Contact War? Whatever, the update was so XTREME and full of awesome that I don't mind :love:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
:|

Man that's underwhelming. Though I kind of like the alien's design. But how uncreative can you get with the plot.

Regardless, lovin' the LP's return. Moar.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

liara.jpg
Well, everyone who's ever seen him in person is dead, so...
feron.jpg
You're the new Shadow Broker.
shep.jpg
It's nice to have access to information I can trust...Broker.
liara.jpg
I'm not sure I'm ready for you to call me that. I'm not sure about any of this. But I had to do it. With the Shadow Broker's information network,I can give you...I can...
feron.jpg
I'll, uh, check the power systems...*Both Garrus and Feron leaves Shepard and Liara alone*
02.jpg

03.jpg

:/
04.jpg

05.jpg

Liara, I may have not kept our romance alive after these two years....due to a corrupted save import to the sequel...

06.jpg

shep.jpg
It's alright...
07.jpg

But I am still your friend.

liara.jpg
I spent two years mourning you and Feron. And now I've got you both back. I...Let's see what we've got. *Turns to the console.* No safeguards or user restrictions. It's like he never anticipated anyone but himself being here. And it's all ours.
shep.jpg
What kind of info are we talking about?
liara.jpg
I'm not sure. I'll need to go through his files. Come back later, and I'll try to have something useful for you. All I wanted was to rescue Feron. But..is it wrong that part of me want this? With the Shadow Broker's network, I can help you. Maybe I can turn this operation into something better.
shep.jpg
Don't be a stranger this time.
liara.jpg
Come by when you have a chance. The doors are always open.
08.jpg

The next mission calls. Farewell, my first love.

09.jpg

10.jpg

LP Comment:

Wow. Liara's tears. Holy shit. I don't think Dragon Age 2 had tears? That closes the Shadow Broker's Lair DLC, there's still stuff to do...but I'll check the rest of the content as I go along.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Wait, that's it? What are you doing! You do get to go back and chat with her, plus get her to spend some quality time on the ship (regardless of romance state). THEN you can consider the DLC closed!

Besides, we're just in time for Arrival :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom