Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Also, since this IS a EXTREME playthrough, I'm guessing that you'll fuck both Jack, and Tali, right?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter I "A Bloody Icon"

ME2-082.jpg

miranda.jpg
: Wake up, Commander.

ME2-083.jpg

ME2-084.jpg

ME2-085.jpg

ME2-086.jpg

ME2-087.jpg

shepard1.jpg
: There's no thermal clip in it!

miranda.jpg
: It's a med bay. We'll get you a clip from... damn it!

ME2-088.jpg

Welcome to Mass Effect 2. And we're already out of bullets. I know, I'm as confused as you are. Let's consult the experts on this, shall we?

From wikia:
Thermal clips hold a store of disposable heat sinks universal to all small arms. Instead of waiting for an overheated weapon to cool down, you can simply eject the spent heat sink and the clip feeds in a new one. This allows for a greater sustained rate of fire and more numerous impacts on targets down range.

I...I don't get it. What good is rate of fire when I run out of ammo? But whatever. Shepard exit through the med bay and picked up some thermal clips off the ground. They fit on any small arms. Invisible War anyone?

ME2-089.jpg

Lock and load! Looks like we're up against several hacked mechs.

ME2-090.jpg

miranda.jpg
: Keep moving. We need to get you to the shuttles.

ME2-091.jpg

Looks like being dead took away all Shepard's extreme abilities. Now he has got to retrain himself from scratch. I'm aiming for Warp at the moment. So I'll have to rank up Throw to 2 first.

ME2-092.jpg

Also, being near death will create red tendrils around you, making it harder to survive and burn your irises. When this first happened, I panicked thinking my graphic card just got fried.

ME2-093.jpg

Pushing onward, Shepard gain access to the Grenade launcher, a Heavy weapon. This packs a lot of punch and should be saved for hard targets since ammo is limited. The gold shiny armor is the Sentinel's tech ability to boost shield.

ME2-094.jpg

Checking consoles for video logs to get some information. Used to give XP. But not anymore I guess.

ME2-095.jpg

The new security bypass interface is easy to get through now. You don't have to play frogger now. Instead you play memory games. All the blue dots are covered at first, mouse over to see what's below. Quickly match two dots together and do it for the rest before time is up.

ME2-096.jpg

A giant mech just stomped a poor scientist. Good thing the wall's bullet proof. Shepard pushed onward and found a fellow brotha' in need.

ME2-097.jpg

shepard1.jpg
: Are you with Miranda?

jacob0.jpg
: Yeah...sorry. I forgot this is all new to you right now. I'm Jacob Taylor...I've been stationed here for--

ME2-098.jpg

jacob0.jpg
: Damn it!

ME2-099.jpg

Niggaz for life, yo!

ME2-100.jpg

ME2-101.jpg

Tired of playing nice. It's EXTREME time!

ME2-102.jpg

jacob0.jpg
: Fair enough. I'll give you the quick version. You and your ship were attacked and destroyed. You were killed. Dead as dead can be when they brought you here.

ME2-103.jpg

Shepard's expression changed. He closed his eyes and the burning image of Normandy, the pain from the shrapnel as it punctured his armor and the hissing of his failed breather unit as he plunged into the planet below hit him. He was dead.

shepard2.jpg
: That's... I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around this.

jacob0.jpg
: Yeah, I can imagine. The Alliance officially declared you killed in action. The whole galaxy thinks you're dead.

ME2-104.jpg

He had to ask. Of course they survived. He saved them. Saved them all. Including Joker.

ME2-105.jpg

jacob0.jpg
: I'll tell you what -- you help me finish off these mechs, and I'll play Twenty Questions with you all day. We're low on thermal clips, but I'm a biotic. Just give me the order when you want me to him them with the good stuff.

ME2-106.jpg

Jacob's biotic lifted the mechs off the ground making it easy targets.

jacob0.jpg
: Okay. I promised I'd answer your questions. What do you want to know?

shepard3.jpg
: You said they spent two years rebuilding me? How bad were my injuries?

jacob0.jpg
: I'm no doctor, but it was bad. When I first saw you, you were nothing but meat and tubes. Anywhere else, they'd have put you in a coffin. But Project Lazarus is different. Cutting-edge technology.

shepard3.jpg
: What can you tell me of the project? Were there other test subjects?

jacob0.jpg
: Project Lazarus only had one subject. The whole point was to bring you back. Just you. Even that was a challenge. Two years. All the top scientists. The best technology money could buy.

shepard3.jpg
: Do you know anything about this attack? Who's behind it, what they're after?

It's probably you, Shepard.

jacob1.jpg
: Damned if I know. I was getting ready for some shut-eye -- then, bam. Bunch of explosions. Next thing I know, every damn mech in the place starts shooting at us.

shepard2.jpg
: The last thing I remembered is the Normandy blowing up. Did anyone else make it?

jacob1.jpg
: Just about everybody survived. A few servicemen from the lower decks didn't get out. Navigator Pressly was killed by an explosion. But everyone else, including the non-Alliance crew -- the asari, Liara, and the quarian -- they all made it out alive.

shepard1.jpg
: Do you know what any of them are doing now?

ME2-107.jpg

ME2-108.jpg

I think I paused a while when browsing through my LP screenshots. It felt like a really genuine smile. Something that took the 'psycho' edge away from our EXTREME Renegade. Allow me to wipe a small tear on my eye as I click the submit button.

RK47

Patron
jacob1.jpg
: Maybe you can track them down after we get off the station.

shepard4.jpg
: So what's your job here?

jacob1.jpg
: Depends on who you ask. Technically, I'm Miranda's top lieutenant. But I'm just a soldier. Served five years in the Alliance, before this. Now I'm in charge of the station's security. Usually a lot more dull than this. Normally I don't fire my gun unless it's target practice.

shepard4.jpg
: When I woke up, someone named Miranda was talking to me over the radio. We lost contact just before I ran into you.

jacob3.jpg
: Miranda Lawson is the station's ranking officer. She led the Lazarus team. It was her job to bring you back to life, no matter what. Should've guessed she'd try to save you. She's not about to give up on you now. You said you lost contact -- could you tell what was happening?

shepard3.jpg
: There was some gunfire and an explosion before I lost her.

jacob2.jpg
: She knows how to take care of herself, but I hope she's okay.

shepard1.jpg
: What's the quickest way to those shuttles?

jacob1.jpg
: Depends where the mechs are thickest. It's probably best if we--

Voice over comms.: Check. Check. Anyone on this frequency? Anybody still alive out there? Hello?

jacob2.jpg
: Wilson? This is Jacob. I'm here with Commander Shepard. Just took out a wave of mechs over in D Wing.

Wilson: Shepard's alive? How the hell..never mind. You need to get him out of there. Get to the service tunnels and head for the network control room.

jacob1.jpg
: Roger that, Wilson. Stay on this frequency.

ME2-109.jpg

Oh god, Shepard. What have they done to you?!

jacob3.jpg
: That's him. He's the chief medical tech. Answers directly to Miranda. C'mon, the service tunnel's this way.

ME2-110.jpg

Wilson: Server Room B! Hurry! They're out of control!

ME2-111.jpg

shepard3.jpg
: (Intelligence) You were there the first time I regained consciousness.

wilson.jpg
: Yeah. That was me. How about we talk about this after we fix my leg?

jacob2.jpg
: Should be some medi-gel in the first-aid station on the wall. Hopefully there's enough to get him up and moving again.

Ahh, the return of healing potions. This time you can't use it to heal wounds, instead you use it to restore knocked out members. Health auto-regens this time, so you don't have to buy health implants anymore. Isn't it great?

ME2-112.jpg

wilson.jpg
: I thought maybe I could shut down the security mechs. But whoever did this fried the whole system. Completely irreversible.

jacob1.jpg
: We didn't ask what you were doing. Why do you even have security mech clearance? You were in the bio wing.

Real smooth, Wilson.

ME2-113.jpg

Elementary, my dear Jacob.

ME2-114.jpg

Now that's the Shepard we all know and love!

jacob1.jpg
: We need to find Miranda first. We can't just leave her behind.

wilson.jpg
: Forget about Miranda. She was over in D Wing. The mechs were all over that sector. There's no way she survived.

jacob2.jpg
: A bunch of mechs won't drop Miranda. She's alive.

wilson.jpg
: Then where is she? Why haven't we heard from her?

ME2-115.jpg

Well, nice try Willy. But y'see...she's on the ME 2 box cover art. So, no dice.

shepard3.jpg
: I haven't known her long enough to trust her.

jacob3.jpg
: This project is Miranda's baby. She'd never sabotage it.

wilson.jpg
: Okay, maybe she's not a traitor. But that doesn't change the facts. We're here, she's not. We need to save ourselves.

ME2-116.jpg

A squad of mechs interrupted the conversation but they were no match for Shepard's Tech Armor and taking cover behind boxes skill.

ME2-117.jpg

ME2-118.jpg

Hmm. Who could it be?

wilson.jpg
: This isn't really the time, Jacob.

jacob1.jpg
: We won't make it if he's expecting a shot in the back.

wilson.jpg
: If you want to piss off the boss, it's your ass, Jacob.

ME2-119.jpg

Cerberus. Sounds familiar.

RK47 said:
ME0149.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Is something wrong, Admiral?

Kahoku : I'm getting stonewalled by bureaucratic assholes. Nothing new. Maybe you can help me, Shepard. One of my recon teams was investigating some strange activity out in the Traverse. We lost contact yesterday. Now I can't get clearance to check it out - suddenly it's a restricted area. But that doesn't apply to you. Spectres can go anywhere they want. You could find out why my team dropped out of contact.

shepard2.jpg
: I'll look for them if I have the time.

That mission took us to a sand planet and a false distress beacon.

ME0309.jpg

And we had to battle a sand worm to escape the deadly trap.

ME0311.jpg

When I gave Kahoku the news he decided to investigate it himself. But after a few days of waiting, he 'disappeared' and sent a mysterious message about 'Cerberus'. A terran black ops group. I tracked him down, found nothing but sick experiments and his dead body. I was unable to track Cerberus further than that, and the Alliance covered up his death as an accident. That was two years ago.

shepard1.jpg
: You told me you were in the Alliance. I don't like to be played for a sucker.

jacob2.jpg
: I didn't lie to you, Commander. I was with the Alliance. Before I joined Cerberus. The Alliance declared you dead. They gave up. Cerberus spent a fortune to bring you back. Look, I'd be suspicious too. But right now, we have to work together. I thought you deserve to know what's what. Once we're off the station, I'll take you to the Illusive Man. He'll explain everything, I promise.

shepard5.jpg
: Illusive Man? Is he in charge of all this?

jacob1.jpg
: Yeah. That's not his real name, of course. Nobody knows who he really is.

ME2-120.jpg

ME2-121.jpg

Heh, that's more like it. That psycho smile is back.

jacob3.jpg
: He spent a lot of money and time bringing you back. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell you whatever you want to know.

ME2-122.jpg

Above is a hacking mini game. Basically you have to match the colour codes with the top left sample three times. The three columns of codes will continually scroll down. You are allowed to screw up three times. Avoid the red cross since they'll reduce the time given. Easy peasy.

ME2-123.jpg

The door opened.

ME2-124.jpg

ME2-125.jpg

ME2-126.jpg

jacob3.jpg
: What the hell are you doing?

I got this, nigga.

ME2-127.jpg

shepard6.jpg
: You should've taken him alive. See what he knew.

miranda2.jpg
: Too risky. I've put too much time and effort bringing you back to life to get you killed now.

jacob2.jpg
: You really think Wilson's capable of that?

miranda3.jpg
: Not anymore.

shepard4.jpg
: (Intelligence) I had a feeling Wilson was just looking for a chance to shoot me in the back.

miranda2.jpg
: Good instincts. Some people are far too trusting to ever see that coming. Come on let's grab this shuttle and get out of here. My boss wants to speak with you.

shepard5.jpg
: You mean the Illusive Man? I know you work for Cerberus.

miranda3.jpg
: Ah, Jacob. I should've known your conscience would get the better of you.

jacob3.jpg
: Lying to the Commander isnt' the way to get him to join our cause.

miranda2.jpg
: Well, since we're getting everything out in the open, is there anything else you want to ask before we go, Commander?

shepard5.jpg
: Where are we going?

miranda2.jpg
: Another Cerberus facility. The Illusive Man is waiting for you there.

shepard6.jpg
: Fine, I've had enough of this station to last a lifetime.

ME2-128.jpg

ME2-129.jpg

End of Chapter 1

TNO

Augur
I was hoping you'd LP the sequel, RK47. Fuck yes.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Darth Roxor said:
lightbane said:
I guess he tried to pull an EXTREME move/comment but the cyborg parts couldn't handle the pressure or something.

He probably wanted to collar grab DEM TITS

Yeah, dem SAGGY tits.

I wish BioWare would at some point understand what makes women attractive, rather than producing this endless line of cardboard doll-faced freakshows.
ME2-128.jpg

taplonaplo

Scholar
Stereotypical Villain said:
There's always the former jailbait Tali if Michael Jackson doesn't suit your needs...

... or that other retard Subject Zero.
Or you could nail Zero first then pick another one

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can you pierce Tali's enviro-suit with Juinor Shepard? I couldn't get any Girl on Girl grooving going on, and had to eventually settle for fisheye assassin guy. After you knock space boots with them they should go super loyal and get a fifth skill, choices and consequences!

taplonaplo

Scholar
Stereotypical Villain said:
Why would you nail any of them? They're equally boring.
Coz they would make super awkward screens... which seems to be the trend with the LP so far?

Pfff... It'll be even more fun when we have a LP with a female commander named "Scalefag" who eventually nails Thane. DraQ would appreciate that.

RK47

Patron
No updates tonight. I just played a bit. And combat seems stupid at Insanity. I understand that the magic missiles can't miss and they recharge pretty quick. So I have very, very little incentive to fire bullets. With the kind of shielding they have and armor, ammo run out so damn quick too. I think I'll just lower difficulty to save myself the boredom.

taplonaplo

Scholar
RK47 said:
No updates tonight. I just played a bit. And combat seems stupid at Insanity. I understand that the magic missiles can't miss and they recharge pretty quick. So I have very, very little incentive to fire bullets. With the kind of shielding they have and armor, ammo run out so damn quick too. I think I'll just lower difficulty to save myself the boredom.
I'd argue whether it's stupid if a non "fighter" class sucks when using "normal" attack and is encouraged to use "magic missles"... but the point about insanity being boring is valid either way.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
RK47 said:

Roofles bullshit why do you lie

PS: ok but I am disappoint! We want more and we want it now!
Reading Mass Effect Xtreme was way more fun than playing it (never finished that boring piece of shit), and I never felt like buying Mass Effect 2. Again, this seems like more fun :P

random_encounter

Educated
RK47 said:
Second playthrough gives you a chance since you can carry over your more powerful weapons...other than all of the upgrades that you might have gotten for them. Still, it's not much of an improvement. If you're already feeling this excited about combat now, you won't find it anymore fun much later on when it starts piling on the mobs.

Great LP, keep it up! Seeing the extreme flashback with Admiral Kahoku was unexpected since I remember that mission from the last game.

RK47

Patron
ME2-131.jpg

jacob2.jpg
: What, do we have to do this now?

miranda2.jpg
: We should have done weeks of testing to confirm the success of Project Lazarus. A few questions during the shuttle ride would have to suffice.

jacob3.jpg
: Okay. Records show you grew up on Earth. Tough environment, no parents.

Time to establish how EXTREME he is. Notice how scarred he is.

ME2-132.jpg

shepard5.jpg
: Those bastards were dug in deep in a fortified bunker. I sent a lot of good soldiers to their deaths. That's how it had to be.

jacob2.jpg
: You got the job done. That's all that matters.

miranda3.jpg
: Almost. Let's try something more recent.

ME2-133.jpg

Yeah... that he did.

ME2-134.jpg

jacob3.jpg
: Lt. Kaidan Alenko was killed in action. It was your call. Why did you leave him behind?

shepard5.jpg
: Being in command means that sometimes you give orders knowing that your people are going to die. That can't affect your decisions. Kaidan gave his life for the rest of the team. Without him, I couldn't have stopped Saren. He died a hero.

ME2-135.jpg

miranda3.jpg
: Shepard, think back to the Citadel, after the Council died on the Destiny Ascension, and you killed Saren. What happened next?

ME2-136.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: With the Council dead, humanity stepped into power. We formed a new Council. I recommended Captain Anderson to lead it.

miranda3.jpg
: Yes, Captain Anderson is now Councilor Anderson. Though from what I hear, he preferred life in the military.

jacob3.jpg
: Still, good to know that the human Council member isn't going to put politics ahead of defense.

miranda3.jpg
: Your memory seems solid. There are other tests we really should run-

jacob2.jpg
: Come on, Miranda. Enough with the quizzes. The memories are there, and I can vouch for Shepard's combat skills personally.

miranda3.jpg
: I suppose you're right. We'll have to hope the Illusive Man accepts our little field test as evidence enough.

RK47

Patron
Chapter II : Three headed dog

ME2-137.jpg

Welcome to another Cerberus Outpost, Shepard'll meet the Illusive Man momentarily, but first, let's take stock of his gear.

ME2-138.jpg

Not much to customize for now. Wearing a helmet gives 5% HP bonus, but Shepard won't get to show his extreme expressions which we all know and love. So I'll take it off after talking to the Illusive Man.

ME2-139.jpg

A holo-conference. How neat.

ME2-140.jpg

iman.jpg
: Commander Shepard.

ME2-141.jpg

ME2-142.jpg

shepard5.jpg
: From what I hear, I cost you a fortune. Why'd you do it?

iman.jpg
: For the defense and preservation of humanity. *dramatic pause*

iman.jpg
: I didn't spend two years and billions of credits bringing you back as a common soldier.

ME2-143.jpg

Why, of course!

shepard4.jpg
: The Reapers.

iman.jpg
: Good to see your memory's still intact. How are you feeling?

shepard4.jpg
: I noticed a few upgrades. I hope you didn't replace anything really important.

iman.jpg
: We tried to keep you as intact as possible. We need Shepard - just as you were when you defeated Sovereign.

Uh, if I recall correctly I was Level 38 and was holding on to a million credits. But, okay.

shepard5.jpg
: What are the Reapers doing that made you decide to bring me back?

iman.jpg
: We're at war. No one wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack. While you've been sleeping, entire colonies have been disappearing. Human colonies. We believe it's someone working for the Reapers. Just as Saren and the geth aided Sovereign. You've seen it yourself. You bested all of them. That's just one reason we chose you.

OK. So the Reapers realized Shepard's species is responsible for their defeat and decided to aim exclusively at their colonies? Too obvious?

shepard5.jpg
: Fighting a war doesn't seem like Cerberus. Why are you involved?

iman.jpg
: We are committed to the advancement and preservation of humanity.

Right.

iman.jpg
: If the Reapers are targeting us, trying to wipe us out, Cerberus will stop them.

ME2-144.jpg

He's got a point there. Even if Humanity formed the majority of the Council, it's safe to say without Shepard, they're still bogged down by politics and bureaucracy like the old Council did. Time to finish the job.

shepard4.jpg
: If you're after the Reapers, just point me in the right direction.

iman.jpg
: Miranda was worried you'd be resistant. She's not usually wrong.

Come on, what are our options? We lost Normandy, the whole crew's seperated and I doubt the Council would back a dead Spectre. Cerberus is our best bet for now.

iman.jpg
: I have a shuttle ready to take you to Freedom's Progress, the latest colony to be abducted. Miranda and Jacob will brief you.

shepard4.jpg
: I'll get what you're looking for and be back before you know it.

iman.jpg
: Good to hear it. Find any clues you can. Who's abducting the colonies? Do they have any connection to the Reapers?

ME2-145.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Hmm, I guess this quiz is a "hidden" way to see if the choices you made in the past are the correct. Already done in KOTOR2.

random_encounter

Educated
Kind of disappointed, though (not in the LP, great work). Even though Extreme whacked the entire Council, the outcome here is basically the same if he hadn't (I played through as a Paragon). But I guess some reason was needed to make him part of Cerberus' program. Not much of a consequence other than in altering the dialogue, but I'm curious to see what happens when he finally stops by the Citadel to say "hello".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom