Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2

pradag

Novice
So, I'm sure we all know Mass Effect was a BEAST of a game in 2007, and now Mass Effect 2 has been announced for early 2010. Mass Effect had everything a great RPG needed, and then some. It was a terrific game, and I'm and on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment.

The big E3 reveal is only days away, is anyone else as excited as me?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Acai Gold Berry Juice Language Therapy in Autism in the Philippines Tattoo Awareness Month Treatments in Toddlers

i had to copy this before it gets deleted

bat_boro

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Some codexers should learn from this plant, he posted this topic in a correct subforum.

In before Volourn.

On a side note, I was halfway through ME before I got home for the summer and I intend to finish it next month. I see all the flaws in the mechanics, as well as the flaws in writing, and I think with the right improvements, Mass Effect 2 could be a terrific game.

Basically, the way I see it, ME was just a bunch of great ideas with half-assed execution.
The shooter mechanic never felt like a proper shooter because of the dumb A.I.
The RPG part never felt like an RPG because it seemed to have no effect in combat and you were not presented with enough situations to use your abilities
The universe was ok but there were some things that just annoyed the hell out of me - as that preacher quest in the Citadel
The weapons didn't offer a feeling of progression and oh well I can carry on an on but no one cares (including me)

I just hope Bioware would make ME 2 a better game based on the well known fact that the execution in ME sucked or all hope for these guys is lost

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
pradag said:
So, I'm sure we all know Mass Effect was a BEAST of a game in 2007, and now Mass Effect 2 has been announced for early 2010. Mass Effect had everything a great RPG needed, and then some. It was a terrific game, and I'm and on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment.

The big E3 reveal is only days away, is anyone else as excited as me?

:twisted:

pradag said:
So, I'm sure we all know Mass Effect was a BEAST of a game in 2007, and now Mass Effect 2 has been announced for early 2010. Mass Effect had everything a great RPG needed, and then some. It was a terrific game

ad_plant.png
ad_plant.png
ad_plant.png

Deleted member 7219

How odd. I didn't think Bioware sunk to such low botting tactics.

Trithne

Erudite
...Why the fuck does it have links to the codex in its sig?

Actually, I need a sig.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
Jaime Lannister said:
Acai Gold Berry Juice Language Therapy in Autism in the Philippines Tattoo Awareness Month Treatments in Toddlers

i had to copy this before it gets deleted

wtf is that?

agbjltaptamtt??

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Emotional Vampire said:
pradag said:
So, I'm sure we all know Mass Effect was a BEAST of a game in 2007, and now Mass Effect 2 has been announced for early 2010. Mass Effect had everything a great RPG needed, and then some. It was a terrific game

ad_plant.png
ad_plant.png
ad_plant.png

Is it Rapseed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom