Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
In before long awaited and critically acclaimed first RPG with transgender protagonist. Plus sexual identification as a jellyfish for spiritual hanar players.

eXalted

Arcane
It walks like Shepard, it hits like Shepard, it's dressed like Shepard. What is it?

pippin

n7 again. This E3 shit is going to give me an ulcer. at least let me be an alien race this time. i want to be a salarian hacker.

It walks like Shepard, it hits like Shepard, it's dressed like Shepard. What is it?

shepard realdoll

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
git gud
CHkTHAsWcAAMUld.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It feels good that I didn't feel anything while watching that trailer. Nothing.

eXalted

Arcane
Well how about someone makes Mass Effect dark noir story in which you are an average investigator buried in shit?

Or is it only me..

giphy.gif

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Star-Lord.

Looks like they're trying hard for the Guardians of the Galaxy fanboys. Cowboy music, face mask, "Discover a new Galaxy" tagline.

Well, GotG was shit, so...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

Today we debuted the first cinematic trailer for our next game, Mass Effect™: Andromeda. While we are still many months away from the game’s release date in holiday 2016, we’re excited to show you a bit of where we’re at. First, though, some background on the game itself.

When we wrapped up the original Mass Effect trilogy with Mass Effect 3: Citadel in early 2013, planning and design on Mass Effect: Andromeda was already well underway. We knew we wanted to start with a foundation composed of the best parts of any Mass Effect game: exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action. At the same time, we clearly wanted to expand the definition of what you should expect from a Mass Effect game.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles. With the time remaining in development, we’re excited about the possibility to push things even more.

Thank you again for all of the support you keep showing us, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details with you near the end of the year. Until then, the teams in our Montreal, Edmonton, and Austin studios will be hard at work creating an entirely new adventure for you to lose yourselves in.

Thanks,

Aaryn Flynn, Studio General Manager, BioWare Canada

Yanick Roy, Studio Director, BioWare Montrealp

SrQjEwl.png

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The whole exploring a new frontier / wild west thing could be interesting... but this is BioWare and all exploration will likely end up being is fighting nameless space bandits and collecting five flowers for some useless NPC.

Looks better to me than Fallout 4 trailer. Although it didn't show much, except pretty cgi. As I like exploration and space/sci-fi this could potentially be interesting. But who am I kidding. Didn't like Last 3 Mass Effects, don't know will this be any more interesting, probably will make it boring/superficial/shallow/retarded (focus on stupid shit like romances etc. instead on an interesting galaxy exploration, quests and adventure etc.).

I would like it to be a space adventure rpg, in the vein of Star Control 2, but with huge budget and more depth. Where you explore alien planets and races, and have wonderous discoveries of ancient civilizations and artifacts. I recon we'll never see that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom