Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Jarmaro

Liturgist

This guy is similiar to some codex members, he's just on far left. Btw, he said recently that he left Bioware month ago, "as soon as we finished"

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
According to that facebook picture, she was given the job in June 2016, that was after the E3 trailer she already mentions. That trailer already showed Salari-Shrek and the female protagonist (Ryder?), although behind so many layers of post-processing she actually looked human. Whatever job she did at Bioware or EA, it was probably minimal. She is a red herring.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Fuck her anyway. She called herself lead animator and certainly would have gloated to the heavens if this shit wasn't happening. If you can't take the shit then stop trying to make fucking games when you know the type of audience you chase and cater for!
Which is pretty much my advice to all SJWs as well.

Game companies keep releasing content targeted primarily at straight white males yet don't deliver the content they would really enjoy. They sow in their marxist bs into everything and then scream bloody murder when we notice it and dare to complain.

Same goes here. They hired the people you wanted to hire, instead of the right people to make a game their audience would enjoy. They bilked their customers and released this obviously lackluster cash grab without a hint of guilt. I don't see Scrooge shedding tears over the thousands of pre-orderers who paid $60+ for the clunker this girl helped sink.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bioware manages to cuck thing even further, this shit is glorious. The only thing we need now is for the first reviews to hit and say the game is shit... those review aggregates will fuel months of codex discussion :smug:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It's 177 page of discussion about not yet released game. Released and hyped Torment:Tides of Numenera has 165 pages.

I think it's pretty obvious what kind of RPGs people on Codex find interesting.
:troll:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Then give me example of some far left things, as you see it.

Social issues in Europe are not exactly the same as in America. The left is about ensuring the rights of workers, equality of rights, equality before the law, less protectionism, anti-clericalism and welfare state.

The racist shit that idiot posts on twitter would certainly not be tolerated.

Glaucon

Prophet
This guy is similiar to some codex members, he's just on far left.

That is certainly not something I would consider far left.
If white supremacy is far-right and 1) far-left is the opposite of far-right and 2) hate is the opposite of love and 3) white supremacy is tantamount to excessive love of whites; doesn't it follow that hating whites is far-left?

imweasel

They decided to cut corners and release this unfinished train wreck which put her in this position......
No, I'd bet she also lacks skill. When you can't even get the eyes looking the right direction, chances are you suck as an animator.

PS - watch her demo reel: some of the characters eyes go in odd directions during the animations. It's just less noticeable because it's a cartoon.
I don't disagree that she is very inexperienced. I am saying that Bioware should have replaced her as lead animator (better yet never even given her that position) and delayed the game to polish it up.

Glaucon

Prophet
Then give me example of some far left things, as you see it.

Social issues in Europe are not exactly the same as in America. The left is about ensuring the rights of workers, equality of rights, equality before the law, less protectionism, anti-clericalism and welfare state.

The racist shit that idiot posts on twitter would certainly not be tolerated.
I don't know how you can not see the profound self-contempt of Europe leftists.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
If white supremacy is far-right and 1) far-left is the opposite of far-right and 2) hate is the opposite of love and 3) white supremacy is tantamount to excessive love of whites; doesn't it follow that hating whites is far-left?

No, because that example rotates around the concept of "whitness".
If white supremacy is far right, black supremacy is certainly not far left, because both concepts work in the same way.

Far left is opposite to the far right against the concept of supremacy, not against the "whites".

Glaucon

Prophet

No, because that example rotates around the concept of "whitness".
If white supremacy is far right, black supremacy is certainly not far left, because both concepts work in the same way.

Far left is opposite to the far right against the concept of supremacy, not against the "whites".
Black supremacy is indeed far left. As for being against supremacy--ludicrous. They believe what they believe to be superior--and consequently those who believe those things to be superior. That the belief system is technically available to all people doesn't change the basic distinctions between true/false, good/bad, better/worse.

How can you be a customer if all I hear is reassures that you won't buy game, only pirate it

I've never pirated a game in my life, the closest I've ever came was buying dodgy PC copies on disks bundled up with a rubber band from a guy at the car boot sale when I was a kid. They didn't work most of the time and I had to take them back, but even that sad anorack wearing guy had better business practice than Bioware and would give me a refund for his dud copies. Later on he used to deliver to my house and give me an exchange on the duds and he did the same with my friends. You see in the old days anorack wearing car boot sale pirates had better ethics than AAA companies and the video game media.

I'm a customer because I buy games, lots, many I've never played yet, I pay money for good games and am more than willing to support good developers when they make good games. Though I'm not willing to crowdfund a tragic vanity project, that never lives up to the hype because Brian Fargo or Josh Sawyer is shilling it and all you get at the end of the day is a few pixels with your name on it.

And just to soothe your worried mind, I won't ever pirate or play this game, all I'll do is watch clips on youtube of others doing that then make memes to try crash this disaster once and for all.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They decided to cut corners and release this unfinished train wreck which put her in this position......
No, I'd bet she also lacks skill. When you can't even get the eyes looking the right direction, chances are you suck as an animator.

PS - watch her demo reel: some of the characters eyes go in odd directions during the animations. It's just less noticeable because it's a cartoon.
I don't disagree that she is very inexperienced. I am saying that Bioware should have replaced her as lead animator (better yet never even given her that position) and delayed the game to polish it up.
Well, then I guess the employee can do no wrong in your eyes.

Waiter spills coffee on your shirt - it's the bourgeois restaurant own's fault for hiring the manager who kept her on staff - depending upon how far up the chain you want to take it.

Me, I tend to blame the employee who lacks skill AND the company that hired them.

Not that I go around biting the heads off wait staff or anything, mind you. Just an example.

C7OdF4hWwAIaiBl.jpg

I guess the former employee was suing them for libel for being associated with this mess:D

J1M

Arcane
"Misidentified" by whom... had she left that on her profile even though she'd left the company, or exaggerated her role a bit?

Anyway, lead facial animator on a big project must have seemed a prestigious title... until a few days ago :lol:
Actually, I think he is referring to Manveer the racist, who was let go shortly before release. The only thing 'false' about the Manveer's involvement and Bioware's contentment with him is that he wasn't the project 'lead'. In typical executive fashion, he spouted words while saying nothing of substance.

Last edited:

imweasel

Well, then I guess he employee can do no wrong in you eyes.
Wat. I would have fired her straight after her first shitty human animation or only let her animate space goldfish after that. Bioware also fucked up bad by not doing exactly that.

Freddie

Savant
The AI in your head is your mom, who also captured the memories of your dead dad and stuck them in your head and the rest of the game is just an uncanny valley illusion hence all the glitches and bad animation and all your really doing is playing the part of the other twin trapped in cryosleep having a dream about being your other twin and you end up banging the other twin in cryosleep and the immaculate conception creates the big bang which pours out through the galaxy and the mass relay and restarts the universe...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

They really did this?

I can't believe it... Or I can, it's BW after all but still. Imagine having your parents stuck in your head and sharing everything with them. Uh...
And they have sexual encounters in game, so you have sex with someone... So isn't like voyerism or group sex?

'OMG this was one of the most important happenings in my life. I'm so happy I could share it with you mom and pop.'

Jesus this is some twisted stuff. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom