Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I so fucking hope this game will bomb and bury this worthless franchise once and for all.

acaa5c87414bfbc264a17fb8ebef3a03.jpg

I'm only human after all. Don't put your blame on me.

Rag'n'bone man lost 100 respect from me for being used by Bioware.

Falksi

Arcane
Looks "meh". The universe already looks stale because of the similarity to the earlier games. Like the idea, but nothing grabs me.

Riso

Arcane
Voice acting and animation seem to have run a competition on who can do the worst job.

It's all terrible. I don't like anything I have seen so far.

This guy has a pretty cool channel

please bear with my nerdiness: on what bases does he evaluate damage? it sounded like one of those game masters who do secret rolls and cheats without shame because he thinks he has to win against his players. "oh, you rolled 20. well, i deflect everything because i say so".

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Lip sync has improved from "I've never seen a human before" to "Blew the lip sync budget on Natalie Dormer." Hair looks better, too, but skin is clearly still made of low grade plastic.

Facial animations don't apparently exist anymore- I assume because no facial animations are better than the joke facial animations they were using as a placeholder (I guess?).

VA is atrocious, tho. It sounds like a bunch of pre-teens putting on their first play. Their VA was always at least servicable before- it adds to my theory that they're intentionally trying to tank the company

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Just listen to it over and over until your brain function ceases.

edit: sullynathan I mean from the timecode I posted (1:11). Obviously I know the video was posted before.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't particularly successful and it wasn't really acclaimed."

Are you retartet?

Padzi

Arbiter
real fans know it's all about one thing

This is exactly why ME is total shit.

I don't understand what is the point of this marketing. It's like someone from that department saw ME Gamer Poop form Mans1ay3r, rewinded to the "We'll bang ok?" part, watched it a gorillion times and thought - Yeah this is how an average Mass Effect fan thinks. Let's bombard them with it.

Because Infinitron is asleep or something.

Launch Trailer.

This trailer looks like a trailer for a movie that the film studio put all their money in, thinking it will be the next big hit, but it ended up being a flop. You have outer space, you have explosions, you have a guy fucking a blue alien, you have even more explosions, you have generic enemis. But actually nobody knows what it is about everybody is confused, and they have to go see the movie to actually find out what the plot is about. Besides Rag'n'Bones Man just doesn't fit this trailer or Mass Effect, for that matter . But hey, we're only humenks.

Btw. Resting bitch face is strong with Suvi. But at least she doesn't look like a transvestite or a crazy person.

Keppo

Arbiter
This new main guy looks so fucking generic and bland. He looks exactly like some liberal cuck. Even Shepard was much better... They should for a change make protag from different race...

Or they should make new story something like dis: New race first time ever finding that other civilization exist; humans, krogans, asaris etc and we are creating protag from that race, game starts after first contact <- u have entry for something fresh and new and not mass effect 3.5

i dont know who is their creative director or story guy but after the series reset, they should make something new but we are getting the same with ultra-retarded protagonist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom