Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Duralux for Durabux

After the faggotry (no offense) of DA2 I swore I'd never buy another bioware game. But I did want to see how it ended so I did this as well.
What a surprise! It turned out to be shit... nobody would have expected this...

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
They needed to do something to justify selling this at full price (while generating hype over the totally not dead ip guys!) but couldn't/wouldn't do the effort to re-do the stuff that would actually need some change and couldn't be automated like the textures. Is it really a shock that nu bioware decided to completely botch the art style?
3 games+ DLC for $60 is full price?
Three games from a decade ago with dlc that was mostly completely pointless/on disk when they released, and with some big parts missing such as the multiplayer for 3? Absolutely.
And what price were each of those games when they came out a decade ago?
The price those games had when they came out at launch is irrelevant when I could've grabbed all three of them for less than 20 bucks (dlc included) before EA bumped the prices once they got 3 and the remaster on steam.
I'm sure you could still find them for like 5$ each in ebay or something.
As a matter of fact
https://www.ebay.es/itm/Mass-Effect...826491?hash=item3b5027593b:g:vVgAAOSw7xlfhd9R

No, it's not irrelevant. You literally claimed they were selling them at full price ($59.99 per game), and they aren't. Thoroughly deboonked. I don't care about what random spanish dude is selling his shitty scratched up dvd copies for on ebay lmao

CURRENTLY via steam:
mass effect 1 (NO DLC) is $19.99
mass effect 2 (w/ DLC) is $29.99
Mass effect 3 (w/ DLC) is $29.99
That's $80

Legendary Edition: $60

Is all of the above overpriced? Probably, but I don't think the LE is that unreasonable. However whether it's overpriced is a different discussion- one that's actually irrelevant to what you were claiming - which is that the 3 games are being resold at full price.

Last edited:

KVVRR

Learned
They needed to do something to justify selling this at full price (while generating hype over the totally not dead ip guys!) but couldn't/wouldn't do the effort to re-do the stuff that would actually need some change and couldn't be automated like the textures. Is it really a shock that nu bioware decided to completely botch the art style?
Three games from a decade ago with dlc that was mostly completely pointless/on disk when they released, and with some big parts missing such as the multiplayer for 3? Absolutely.
The price those games had when they came out at launch is irrelevant when I could've grabbed all three of them for less than 20 bucks (dlc included) before EA bumped the prices once they got 3 and the remaster on steam.
As a matter of fact
https://www.ebay.es/itm/Mass-Effect...826491?hash=item3b5027593b:g:vVgAAOSw7xlfhd9R

No, it's not irrelevant. You literally claimed they were selling them at full price ($59.99 per game), and they aren't. Thoroughly deboonked. I don't care about what random spanish dude is selling his shitty scratched up dvd copies for on ebay lmao

CURRENTLY via steam:
mass effect 1 (w/o DLC) is $19.99
mass effect 2 (w/o DLC) is $19.99

Legendary edition gives you the whole streamlined package with all DLC for $10 less than the the cost of buying all three on steam.
Nicely done completely missing the point that you can get all of those for cheaper and on physical, accounting for shipping, literally unopened. How are the games any different from the ones you buy on digital once you've got them installed, I wonder?

You're right that they're not selling them separatedly at full price - they're doing it if you want to play them all. I didn't know this since the prices I have locally have them at the same price newer triple A titles use, and here we have one of the lowest prices on the whole platform, by the way. I would be paying less fucking including shipping.

Do you literally buy all your PC parts at launch price too? And don't try and pretend to tell me the trilogy isn't heavily outdated in X or Y regard by now. It is. They're doing a remaster.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
As a matter of fact

CURRENTLY via steam:

Legendary edition gives you the whole streamlined package with all DLC for $10 less than the the cost of buying all three on steam.
Nicely done completely missing the point that you can get all of those for cheaper and on physical literally unopened. How are the games any different from the ones you buy on digital once you've got them installed, I wonder?

You're right that they're not selling them separatedly at full price - they're doing it if you want to play them all. I didn't know this since the prices I have locally have them at the same price newer triple A titles use, and here we have one of the lowest prices on the whole platform, by the way. I would be paying less fucking including shipping.

Do you literally buy all your PC parts at launch price too? And don't try and pretend to tell me the trilogy isn't heavily outdated in X or Y regard by now. It is. They're doing a remaster.

That's great- I am glad you are walking back your original claim about them being sold at full price. Carry on!

Last edited:

KVVRR

Learned
As a matter of fact

CURRENTLY via steam:

Nicely done completely missing the point that you can get all of those for cheaper and on physical literally unopened. How are the games any different from the ones you buy on digital once you've got them installed, I wonder?

That's great- I am glad you are walking back your original claim about them being sold at full price. Carry on!
They're literally selling the remaster at full price by your own admition, learn to fucking read

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
You're right that they're not selling them separatedly at full price

They're literally selling the remaster at full price

lol bruh
You're right that they're not selling them separatedly at full price - they're doing it if you want to play them all
what do you think the remaster is

I'm not interested in whatever internet semantics/mental gymnastics bullshit you're going for here in order to justify your original incorrect claims.

The games were sold at full price when they first came out, and are no longer sold at full price. The remastered collection of the games are also no longer sold at full price.

You said they were selling them at full price and you were obviously wrong. Don't be mad at me.

KVVRR

Learned

lol bruh
You're right that they're not selling them separatedly at full price - they're doing it if you want to play them all

I'm not interested in whatever internet semantics bullshit you're going for here.

The games were sold at full price when they first came out, and are no longer sold at full price. The remaster is a collection of the games that are also no longer sold at full price.

You said they were selling them at full price and you were obviously wrong. Don't be mad at me.
just learn to fucking read instead of sperging out next time

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

lol bruh

I'm not interested in whatever internet semantics bullshit you're going for here.

The games were sold at full price when they first came out, and are no longer sold at full price. The remaster is a collection of the games that are also no longer sold at full price.

just learn to fucking read instead of sperging out next time

It's nobody's fault but your own that you were wrong. This is the codex I can sperg out all I want.:smug:

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's 20 dollars per game + DLC, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people who are fans of this IP. The bigger problem is if this "legendary edition" is worth playing in the first place. It honestly looks worse in some places, if not the majority of cases, in the videos they've shown. I can see myself spending 20 jewro on this collection if there's literally nothing else to buy, but I have an ulterior motive - it's fully voiced in a few languages.

Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter
I bought Mass Effect 3 full price at the release day, because I wanted to support Bioware and thank them for the wonderful experiences they've been providing me. If only I knew.
I got it on release at full price because I had gotten into Mass Effect around the time the final DLC of ME2 hit and I wanted to see how it all ended. If only I knew.

Fools, I bought Mass Effect 3 collector's edition back then. :lol:

Tytus

Arcane
I bought Mass Effect 3 full price at the release day, because I wanted to support Bioware and thank them for the wonderful experiences they've been providing me. If only I knew.
I got it on release at full price because I had gotten into Mass Effect around the time the final DLC of ME2 hit and I wanted to see how it all ended. If only I knew.

Fools, I bought Mass Effect 3 collector's edition back then. :lol:

The funniest things is - people over at one Discord ME channel that are BioFags pre-ordered it the first opportunity they had and now the game vanished from their accounts because EA is doing something with Origin/EA Play :P

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
UNRi0sn.png

Padzi

Arbiter
People are insane if they think something actually been changed (body models). Those are just models from ME3 with new lighting/shading.

Fem!shep as example:

dLVWEeO2RQ0Z0E1_CC6mABmpXSAZVa_rj1n7yWdtCsQ.png

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This might be news to Stacey but Mass Effect 1 was not designed as an alien-fucking simulator. You can't take an actual game that I liked, turn it into your jerk-off material, and then complain that men are jerking off to it too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom