Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mercenaries 2: World In Flames

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
It got a 5 on gamespot. Guess someone's not getting their bribe money.

Psycroptic

Liturgist
LarsTheSurly said:
Marcelo21 said:
It got a 5 on gamespot. Guess someone's not getting their bribe money.

This is good news. The quality of a game is inversely proportional to its GameSpot review score.

But that still makes it a 5? What's their scale anyhow?

The song on that commercial is addictive. Think I'm going to spend my money on Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11 though, once I get through the demo.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can get the full song from their website.

I can see where Gamespot is coming from, the game is buggy as hell, and seems somewhat unfinished.

Korgan

Arbiter
Psycroptic said:
Think I'm going to spend my money on Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11 though, once I get through the demo.
RoTK 11 sucks, the old ones were way better. Ignore it and steal M2.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Wolfenstein1942 said:
Is it still possible to be all happy with the factions in this game, like in the first one?
Yeah, if you want, but it's pretty easy to piss most of them off. If you make them hostile you'll have to bribe them a few million to get back to neutral with them.

Erzherzog

Magister
I see.

It kinda killed the replayability for me in the first one. I remember just going on a 10 minute Korean killing spree, then I ran to their base as they chased me, paid a few bucks, and saw all their personel forget about me. A bit ridiculous!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can only bribe em from your base, there are mini missions for some that piss off other factions if you're caught doing them, every once in a while one of the troops will try to call in that you're attacking and request reinforcements, if you kill them fast enough nothing happens, but they tend to spawn in inaccessible areas like inside rocks so it's hard to get em all.

Killing their enemies/blowing shit up for them also makes them happy

Destroid

Arcane
... graphics looked pretty good to me. The pc obviously got upgraded textures because this thing is a 7gb download :shock:

DiverNB

Liturgist
Game looks plenty good on my Xbox, especially while flying over the jungles/pirate islands. Looks damn good. They did a great job with the style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom