Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft says truth

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
lol, it doesn't matter because anything associated with the word "Microsoft" automatically looses all credibility. Including xbox owners.

MarkQuinn

Novice
WOW Kamaz, what an excellent find. You really put the nails in the coffin of every TES fan out there. This proof that Oblivion is an "action title" is about as strong as the "face" on Mars proving people once lived there. Bravo. Score another one for the hive mind.

MQ

Drakron

Arcane
Well it seens Microsoft knows what a RPG is ... guess all that money they thrown for japanese studios support payed off.

Chefe

Erudite
Ghost At The Feast said:
On the UK site it lists it as being an RPG.

English people are stupid. Who are you going to trust, a drunken Englishman with bad teeth or the company that fucking owns the console? Oblivion is an action game, deal with it fuckwit.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
MarkQuinn said:
This proof that Oblivion is an "action title" is about as strong as the "face" on Mars proving people once lived there. Bravo. Score another one for the hive mind.

MQ

"People" didn't live there, idiot, Ethereals did. Until my crack squad of X-COM soldiers wiped them out (again) about a week ago.

Chefe

Erudite
Mefi said:
I'll take the drunken Englishman with bad teeth because at least he's figured out that Dark Alliance 1 and 2 are essentially the same game and so belong in the same category...

US Xbox site. For retards by retards.

Man, I wish I was black.

LlamaGod

Cipher
MarkQuinn said:
WOW Kamaz, what an excellent find. You really put the nails in the coffin of every TES fan out there. This proof that Oblivion is an "action title" is about as strong as the "face" on Mars proving people once lived there. Bravo. Score another one for the hive mind.

MQ

wouldn't you be technically part of the Bethesda Hivemind?

Sycandre

Novice
I think labelling Oblivion as an action title, both emphazise that the game has enought action content to be labelled so, and that the gamers Microsoft/Bethyare trying to attract is the action gamers crowd.

When the new TES fan base (just look the weight of MW fans have on the official forum compared to previous TES ones) will have completely turned from RP gamers to action/adventure ones, the next TES will probably even be a step forward in the action (dark messiah of TES?)... and they'll even be able to say that it is to legitimaly satisfy their fan base.

On the official forums, RPGamers will be regarded as complete nerds, weirdos, and you'll see people defining TES by long sword combos, gravity traps and fireball throwing magic staves...

If I got to choose a medfan FPS with marginal RPG elements, I'll probably choose dark messiah (because it's developed by fellow frenchies!), or the Witcher, because esthetically it crushes Oblivion.

So it may be a Microsoft "mistake", but the result on the game market will have reall consequences on the serie future.

Chefe

Erudite
Good fucking God, that woman in your avatar is hideous.

Sycandre

Novice
Chefe said:
Good fucking God, that woman in your avatar is hideous.

I took it in the codex avatars library. I choosed it because it was exactly the one I picked up for my first and main avatar in Ultima Underworld, the first CRPG I played.

So it may look like a tranny, but i'll keep it anyway! :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom