Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mike Thorton bags chicks, doesn't cry.

RainSong

Scholar
Lyric Suite said:
RainSong said:
Exactly how putting sex* into games is making them more juvenile?

Butthurt Witcher fanboy detected.

You failed your detection throw. Altho I enjoyed The Witcher, I think that it's card collecting minigame was a bad idea and that 3/4 of the 'possibilities' was unnecessary. Then again they were only possibilities and if someone didn't enjoy that part of a game, he could easily skip it.

Lyric Suite said:
RainSong said:
If sex is there in the game, because it's a normal thing
What are you, some kind of Marxist primitivist fucktard? *Hoooo, there's nothing wrong about sex, it's perfectly normal, ANIMALS DO IT!!1* (...alot of bullshit...)

You failed again, try harder next time. I'll explain it to you but it's last time so focuse. Saying that sex is a normal thing I ment - normal thing to do in suitable place/moment/situation, not as a "one of the four things that comes naturally for every animal". That's why I put an example with the Mafia game, so someone not to bright (like Derek Larp) could understand what I ment. Well you both have some things to work on.

Derek Larp said:
RainSong said:
No, the post you commented on.

dumbfuck

Do you know which post I commented on?

Why are you talking to me?

elander_

Arbiter
Yup erotic scenes and seduction in games are so immature just like killing everything that moves to solve quests. Wait oops.

J1M

Arcane
Volourn said:
That's not role-playing. That's bullshitting.
Ok, it's a mystery. One of them is and you don't know which.

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
Starwars said:
There are three things that keep my interest in this game and that is A) Obsidian doing a realworld present time type of story is appealing to me. NWN2 was a stumble storywise, but as I understand it it was written by a guy who is not at Obsidian anymore (I think he's at Bioware?). Not everything Avellone touches turns to gold, but I do think the story will be enjoyable.

B) The fact that they seem to be advocating a few different styles, stealth, talker, gadgets man and so on. It will depend on how much combat I will still have to sit through, but if they really do manage to have different paths then I think it could be an entertaining action-RPG.

C) There seems to be some longreachign choices & consequences, and they seem to have that as a design goal.

But on the other hand, there are many design decisions which I just plain don't like. In regards to this preview, bagging da chicks could be good fun, but like Volly said somewhere (perhaps jokingly), it'd be more fun if you actually had to choose instead of bagging them all.

And also... It's extremely weird to have an article like this which just talks about having sex in a game basically.

But the thing is, they did say that you can bag them all, which is kind of funny, but to say that they've taken out choices & consequences because you can bag them all isn't really right, because they clearly said that there would be consequences to keeping some of them happy, and that they'd react in some way to your womanizing of others.

For example, what if you have to take a certain path through the game in order to get them all? Perhaps once you sleep with one, any others that you've talked to are off limits, but if you limit your interaction with them so that you bag one at a time, and you just love 'em and leave 'em, then you still have to choose in the end which one. Not to mention the fact that they represent different factions and will be asking you to kill off rivals, forcing you to choose. No way will you be able to bag them all and have them all still happy with you by the end of the game.

In fact, it sounds more to me like bagging them all is going to be some meta-gamey thing people are going to try to do on replays to get the achievement, and not something that they can just do on their first playthrough without knowing ahead of time how to get them all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom