Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) vs 3rd (PSP) vs Tri (PSP)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Solo farming G-Rank Molten Tigrex for his Dire Blastheart was suffering. Trying to do it online was a no-go either since there was always some FR who'd triple cart.

BTW can i add you to friends ? PM me your friend code (lol wtf is this 90' ?)

y 0962-9949-6556. You can also add me on Steam if you are there as well. Find me by my account name zingrad, or just Hobo Elf which is my user name.

Edit: I need your friend code as well for it to work.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Solo farming G-Rank Molten Tigrex for his Dire Blastheart was suffering. Trying to do it online was a no-go either since there was always some FR who'd triple cart.

y 0962-9949-6556. You can also add me on Steam if you are there as well. Find me by my account name zingrad, or just Hobo Elf which is my user name.

Edit: I need your friend code as well for it to work.

0533-7886-9070

Perkel

Arcane
Should be working now.

you were right about mh4 being the definitive version...

I mean i have demo of mh4 and i can fucking see how different it is to mh1/2/3. verticality and size of maps is just on another level same with animations and movesets of monsters.

Though i don't know if it is because of demo but monsters do little damage compared to for example MHFU
Also holy fuck @ 3D effects in MH4u demo. It really changes how you play as you can see perfectly just how close monster is to you.

Though i don't know who designed ergonomics of 3DS because it is shit tier. I have Vita beside 3DS and that this is glorious to use where playing 3DS a little bit gives me cramps. Looks like japanse little hands problem.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You're fighting against newb monsters in High Rank gear, that's why they do poop damage. This is one of the hardest MH games so don't worry about that. You'll learn all about it when you start fighting Apex monsters.

Perkel

Arcane
Good then. I mostly played MHFU started 3rd but most of the monsters did joke damage so i switched back to MHFU

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Portable 3rd is a really easy MH game for some reason. Try MH3U instead, it's my favorite MH game despite MH4U having better gameplay. It has mostly the same maps and monsters (because Portable 3rd is based on Tri and 3U is based on both Tri and 3rd), but the monsters aren't so weak. Monsters in Portable 3rd have nerfed stats. MHP3 is mostly an interesting oddity to be experienced since it does some things differently, but it certainly isn't that exciting if you are searching for a challenge. It doesn't even have a G-Rank.

Perkel

Arcane
Well i don't have WiiU and it is not like it is that much different from 3rd HD (which is what i played).

Fuck my copy of MH4U will be coming in more than day or two. Dude from which i bought it is actually from another country and he will be sending it via international mail. Prick didn't even tell that in auction. If i knew this i would go personally buy game from one reseller just 5$ more and play already.. fuck.

Either way i will get game probably by the end of next week. Now of all things there will be energy shortages due to energy lines conservation for whole next week which could be fucking fantastic time to play mh4 on 3ds but i won't have fucking game by then...

:rage:

Still preatty happy i bought 3ds so cheap. I remembered that Fire Emblem is on 3DS. Though aside from that i don't think there is anything interesting.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Well what do you like to play? There are some good and great dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey 4, ShmegaTen 4 and Soul Hackers. You can get MH3U for the 3DS as well, although you won't be able to play it online without a WiiU because lol Japans.

Perkel

Arcane
Well what do you like to play? There are some good and great dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey 4, ShmegaTen 4 and Soul Hackers. You can get MH3U for the 3DS as well, although you won't be able to play it online without a WiiU because lol Japans.

Tried demo of Etrian Odyssey (but i don't know if it is 4) and was interesting. Though i don't know how much combat will improve later considering it fallows straight upgrade path instead of being a bit more flat.

ST4 i don't know what it is. Persona like ? Never liked persona.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Etrian Odyssey 4 has dual classing so it gets better than what you may think. It's more about fudging with the party compositions anyway, although there is variety in how you build your individual classes. As for SMT4 it depends on what you didn't like about Persona. Persona is a spinoff series that only shares elements of mainline SMTs combat system as well as having demons that you use in combat. It's not a High School sim if that's what you didn't like about. Mainline SMT are apocalyptic cyberpunk dungeon cralwers.

Perkel

Arcane
Etrian Odyssey 4 has dual classing so it gets better than what you may think. It's more about fudging with the party compositions anyway, although there is variety in how you build your individual classes. As for SMT4 it depends on what you didn't like about Persona. Persona is a spinoff series that only shares elements of mainline SMTs combat system as well as having demons that you use in combat. It's not a High School sim if that's what you didn't like about. Mainline SMT are apocalyptic cyberpunk dungeon cralwers.

mainly combat. Persona has barebones combat system that is essentially glorified rock paper game. If it is exactly like Persona combat that this is not for me.

Also there is Etrian Oddysey remake i think. This is what i played (demo)

Perkel

Arcane

Got finally MH4U. It really seems to be biggest change to MH formula than all 3 earlier game alltogether. When you are available to play stuff ? here i play mostly 20-24 CET

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Got finally MH4U. It really seems to be biggest change to MH formula than all 3 earlier game alltogether. When you are available to play stuff ? here i play mostly 20-24 CET

Those are fine hours for me most of the time. Best way to reach me is via steam and just asking me if I'm available to play or not, but if you don't use steam we can try setting up certain days/times when we can play.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
this is a single player mmo, i noticed this after first 5 minutes, ain't touching this series.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
this is a single player mmo, i noticed this after first 5 minutes, ain't touching this series.
Right. Except it's multiplayer and the most players you'll ever see at a time are 4, self included. But other than that...

Perkel

Arcane

used to think like that.
It is more like game where you constantly fight only bosses alone or with friend.
Kind of mish mash between Dark Souls and Shadow of Collosus.
There is some filler but it is preatty much insignificant when you get into game.

If you have OCD though game is fucking nightmare with its shit ton of stuff you can get

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom