Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Sanctuary

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really love this game. It's core gameplay is synergy building between the mons. I don't get the level scaling complain. The upscale is optional, and i don't even notice the default level scaling until someone point out.

It's the most brilliant pokemon clone out there. Most of them are just copying pokemon and its dull gameplay. This really try to do something different and oh boy the synergy variation is great. I ended up with a bleed/crit build with catzerker as main DPS and with proper buff and items it can reach 100% crit chance and 200% crit damage. The support healer and shielder can keep up shields and charges 100% every turn. Bleed aura negates bleed stack reduce effect so you can stack bleed to high double digit and it does absurd damage.

somerandomdude

Learned
I'd recommend patching the .exe to not need steam, so you can play it without it getting updated. It's a decent game, and is well worth the price, but I didn't like them constantly nerfing stuff, and making adjustments and shifting metas as if it were a live service game. It's been quite awhile since I've played this, so maybe they slowed down a bit, and it's not as bad now as it used to be. I remember they nerfed my Salahammer, and I rolled the game back, and patched the .exe so I didn't get any more updates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom