Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News More Wasteland 2 news

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Zed, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    Tags: Brian Fargo, InXile Entertainment; Liz Danforth; Wasteland 2

Brain Fargo answered a few community questions over at No Mutants Allowed. The questions cover multiplayer, DLC and the ever-popular quest compass.

Fargo doesn't like day-0 DLC:
    Will the game contain any form of day-one or small DLC (not expansion pack-sized ones post-release)?

Hell no there won't be day one DLC... everything is going to the game as it should be. I feel like I've been taken advantage of in other games in which they tried to sell me stuff that was already completed. This isn't a free to play model. Now of course I might insist on a red boots DLC pack for fun. ​

Also, don't forget to check out our own recent Q&A here.

But wait..! There's more!

Liz Danforth writes on her blog about her experience writing Highpool for Wasteland, and how she will make an area in Wasteland 2 at least as emotionally engaging:

Right now, it looks like I’ll be doing just a little in the new game, but at least one map. Expect a worthy successor to Highpool. Expect me to jack around with your emotions and expect your decisions to have consequences. I know more about games and game design than I did then, and I’d like to think I’m at least as creative today as I was then, if not more so.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    PROTIP: Brian Fargo is a BRO. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    I added the Liz Danforth blog. Fargo linked it on twitter. Very nice read.

^ Top  
  4. Licaon_Kter Augur

Licaon_Kter
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. hiver Guest

hiver
    Will the game contain a quest compass?

We have no plans for a quest compass. We are designing this game to maximize exploration and discovery and through good design it should work fine. I like the tension of wandering off and stumbling upon random encounters... makes you pay attention. I made one comment that IF for some reason despite everything people are complaining about getting lost all the time then maybe we would look into ways to counter that. We are not making this game to try to appeal to a mass market and it has always served me well to assume the audience is smart.

/ well, this should assuage some fears at least.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "We are not making this game to try to appeal to a mass market and it has always served me well to assume the audience is smart.​
    PROTIP: Brian Fargo is a BRO. "

Explains some of the games Interplay released under his watch. LMFAO

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Achilles Arcane

Achilles
    Most of them are classics to this day.

^ Top  
  8. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    "Explains some of the games Interplay released under his watch. LMFAO"

It sure does. Big difference between them and this:

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  9. Licaon_Kter Augur

Licaon_Kter
    game difficulty is a whole discussion on it's own :-\

^ Top  
  10. vazquez595654 Arbiter

vazquez595654
    What about a Betrayal at Krondor kickstarter?

^ Top  
  11. bminorkey Guest

bminorkey
    The irony being that David Gaider is completely correct - being hardcore doesn't have much to do with intelligence - but something like a quest compass or toning down of strategic depth is not "appealing to the masses", it's straight out telling your players they are spoiled monkeys. So being a casual gamer here is equated with being retarded anyway.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Hekateras Educated

Hekateras
    There's actually been some talk recently from the makers of BaK for a BaK remake kickstarter.

Unfortunately, it guttered out on Feist's end, as the rights to BaK aren't available at this moment. It might be referring to how Feist is currently writing the final book of the trilogy the novelisation to BaK is part of. Maybe after it's published the situation will change. It's reassuring, at least, that Neal and John Cutter are still interested in BaK.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  13. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "Most of them are classics to this day. "
    Have you played all these so called 'classics' released by Interplay under Fargo? LMFAO​

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.