Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Morrowind: Tribunal Review at The Entertainment Depot

Mistress

Liturgist
Tags: Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal

Yes indeedy, there is another <a href="http://www.entdepot.com/pc/tribunal/review.php">review</a> of <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php?url=/games/tribunal_overview.htm&bg=07">Tribunal</a> out there, this time on <a href="http://www.entdepot.com">The Entertainment Depot</a>. They rated it an "excellent" 8/10.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Although it's unlikely to convert disbelievers, The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal is a solid expansion for an already solid game. Not only does it tack on a good 30 to 40 additional hours of gameplay to a title that already had hundreds of hours worth, but it also addresses a couple of major concerns that players have had since Morrowind's release. While the opportunity to travel to the Dark Elves' capital city, meet the king and meddle in the affairs of the two remaining gods of the Temple is an interesting one, the new quest sorting system is probably the best reason to get ahold of Tribunal. In other words, this expansion is most clearly directed towards those who couldn't tear themselves away from the original title, though it should be noted that the considerably smaller playing area and the highly linear quests are obviously tailored towards those who spurned what they perceived as being an overly open experience. Still, die-hard fans are the ones most likely to appreciate it, and if you've ever found yourself in Morrowind's powerfully addictive grip, you owe it to yourself to pick up Tribunal.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So the general consensus is - if you're already an addict - pick up your next fix in Tribunal, if not, it's not going to get you hooked.
<br>
<br>
Spotted over at <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>

Jarinor

Liturgist
I bought Tribunal...and less than two days later, I returned it. 20 to 40 hours of gameplay my arse. Only took 10 to 12 hours for me to find most (if not all) of the subquests, complete them, and to win the end fight. The 'twist' was obvious and the story was pretty poorly written. There's supposed to be conflicts between the throne and church, but at no point do you have to choose a side, as though some 'impartial' observer can just come in and make things all better again. Did I also mention that my character was a much lower level than what the makers suggested (35 as opposed to being at least level 50)?

The only good thing about Tribunal is the new items.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, I've noticed pretty much all of the Tribunal reviews are exactly the same so far. They all make the claims that were listed from the feature set on the Tribunal page, and they all end with that same statement, "If you liked Morrowind, you'll like this. If you didn't, you won't."

Mistress

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, I've noticed pretty much all of the Tribunal reviews are exactly the same so far. They all make the claims that were listed from the feature set on the Tribunal page, and they all end with that same statement, "If you liked Morrowind, you'll like this. If you didn't, you won't."

Yes....a few have detailed some iffy points with various aspects of the addon, but in the main, it's just a case of - if you like Morrowind - get it, if you don't, don't.....

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I got it for all the mod support. It adds a bunch of glboal settings and AI routines, which although not used by Morrowind, are used by mods. The game itself from what I hear is nothing much, though. Certainly not worth the amount it costs now. I'd say to wait for the price to go down, unless you're an MW addict.

Jarinor

Liturgist
I WAS an addict, but this game just sucks. Of course, I could still play it if I wanted to, but I don't. Take the most ordinary game you can think of, and Tribunal is about half as good as that.

Jed

Cipher
I pretty much agree with all of the above, and while of course this isn't worth the price of the game, I <i>really liked</i> the quest where I got act in the play...too bad it was cut short. I want more wacky quests in my CRPGing.

J

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom