Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most violent computer games

Glyphwright

Thread. Post your choices. I need something shocking to excite me.

1. Manhunt. (Kz3r0)
2. Soldier of Fortune series. (Glyphwright)
3. Dreamweb. (DriacKin)
4. Postal series. (Multidirectional)
5. The Punisher. (Lonely Vazdru)
6. ???

Kz3r0

Arcane
boxshot_uk_large.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
There is no gory violence in any game that can shock anyone familiar with gaming but there are other, non-violent or at least non-gory things that can.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Harvester.

Though the horridness of the game will shock you far more than the gore :smug:

Angthoron

Arcane
Condemned: Criminal Origins can be fairly violent and graphical about it.

Joghurt

Augur
micmu said:
Carmageddon_box.jpg

My favorite ultra violent game.

YES !

I was gonna name Soldier Of Fortune my favorite violent game, but the I saw this and remembered how fun this game was back then ! ! !

RatFink

Educated
Rune is nice!
not that much blood really but if you like being a viking and dismembering people and then beating them up with their own body parts..then rune is your friend

plus, mulitplayer was great back when it came out!

rune.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
How anyone didn't mention Mortal Kombat yet?
Remember - it was that game that forced Kwans to create ESRB because of all those sweet gory fatalities

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Left 4 Dead 2 is substantially gorier than it's predecessor. Shooting a zombie center mass with a shotgun and then being able to see daylight through the entrails and splintered bone is a glorious sight.

praetor

Arcane
Thrill Kill. it was so violent (well.. more "controversial" than actually "violent") at the time that EA refused to publish it or even sell it to another publisher

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Frankly, I don't find any game violent enough. A decent most violent game should allow to skin people alive.

Coyote

Arcane
Haba said:
Harvester
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIToXkiJU-8

Japs do some sick shit as well, like Chaos;Head's 2nd ending which is basically 20-30 minutes of torture.

For the player or a character? Because if it's the former, that's pretty standard for Japanese games, at least JRPGs.

On-topic: maybe it's just because I haven't played any new shooters for a long time, but for me, Doom 2 is still one of the most violent games out there. When I first played it I would load up the last level, use noclip to hide outside the walls, and leave it on spawning monsters all day until I came home and slaughtered them en masse. Good times. There are plenty of games with more gore, more varied methods of killing things, etc., but I don't know of any modern game where you can have so many enemies wandering around at a time without causing major lag and glitches.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Coyote said:
but I don't know of any modern game where you can have so many enemies wandering around at a time without causing major lag and glitches.
ever tried the zombie/alien shooter games? they have parts where you are quite literally flooded with enemies.

bert

Arcane
Severance: Blade of Darkness if you are looking for more hack n slash gore

ElectricOtter

Coyote said:
On-topic: maybe it's just because I haven't played any new shooters for a long time, but for me, Doom 2 is still one of the most violent games out there. When I first played it I would load up the last level, use noclip to hide outside the walls, and leave it on spawning monsters all day until I came home and slaughtered them en masse. Good times. There are plenty of games with more gore, more varied methods of killing things, etc., but I don't know of any modern game where you can have so many enemies wandering around at a time without causing major lag and glitches.
nuts.wad

Also, DooM can seriously shit itself when you have too many monsters, unless you are using a fairly fast source port like say, Prboom+.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom