Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount and Blade at .960, final beta

dagorkan

Arbiter
Then we pay again and he releases the next update, M&B 1.060 aka M&B 2 v 0.60

MisterStone

Arcane
Me too. Best entertainment value I have ever gotten out of $12! Just imagine, fucking movies plus a coke cost $12 these days. And they usually suck.

MetalCraze

Arcane
if only sieges didn't suck so much

btw gotta love moddies

town2zw0.jpg

pic2.jpg

mb104.jpg

mb109.jpg

mb166.jpg

mb199.jpg

mb108.jpg

is dat sum atmospheric shit?

Xi

Arcane
Holy shit! I had no idea the game had come this far.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=m ... =N&tab=wv#

I think I initially tried the very first Beta, and it still needed a lot of work. This video however shows that the game looks pretty fantastic. Damn ;P

Is the rest of the game of this quality as well? When I played it there was very little in the way of story or quests, and the graphics weren't even as good as they are now.

Shoelip

Arbiter
What mods are those Skyway?

Xi, you should try it for yourself. You can download the full version of the game from their site for free and raise a character to level 6.

http://www.taleworlds.com

You should go to the forum to download it. The download on the site is only the latest stable version.

MetalCraze

Arcane
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/ ... 914.0.html

still WIP it seems. but I'm awaiting its release. I also hope that the taleworlds main guy won't be stupid and invite that moddie to his team - and release 1.0 with these graphical enhancements. M&B really looks like hi-budget project with it.
also this mod will include hi-res skins for character models. there's a screenshot down there.

Shoelip

Arbiter
skyway said:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,36914.0.html

still WIP it seems. but I'm awaiting its release. I also hope that the taleworlds main guy won't be stupid and invite that moddie to his team - and release 1.0 with these graphical enhancements. M&B really looks like hi-budget project with it.
also this mod will include hi-res skins for character models. there's a screenshot down there.

Aw, right. I should have guessed. I played an old version of that mod and didn't much like the look. This looks allot better though.

Zomg

Arbiter
It's screenshot bait. In motion it looks like someone just made everything too dark.

Suchy

Arcane
Xi said:
Holy shit! I had no idea the game had come this far.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=m ... =N&tab=wv#

I think I initially tried the very first Beta, and it still needed a lot of work. This video however shows that the game looks pretty fantastic. Damn ;P
But this video is teh shite!1 Or maybe not the video itself, but what the guy does...running in circles, mindlessly waving the sword. And ffs playing it in 3rd person?!

Caveman

Scholar
Fenril said:
Best Indie game...ever.

I disagree with you.

The first impression is great but...
Mount and Blade is extremely shallow and repetitive. There is no story. All quest and npc are the same.
Skills points are pretty useless like in Oblivion. So even on very high level you dont get new moves, dodges,ect.

Combat mechanisms are simple. Enemy never retreat or surrender.
There is no wound system only simple hit points.
Sieges are a joke.

There is no multiplayer! That could be cool to play some battle with friends and some npc soldiers.

Only good thing is mounted combat.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Caveman said:
Fenril said:
Best Indie game...ever.
Skills points are pretty useless like in Oblivion. So even on very high level you don't get new moves, dodges,ect.

I gotta disagree with you here. Increasing your stats makes a big difference. Sure there's no flashy new moves like Oblivion on some bullshit, but increasing athletics for instance makes you noticeably faster while running, and increasing your skilled enough can make you almost a one man army. Of course if you try to go toe to toe with five guys at once on foot you're still going to have a hard time of it with being really good at the game.

MetalCraze

Arcane
oh skills does matter
I remember I was attacking king's army. they knocked out/killed all my men in that round (60 or so) - but then I single-handedly killed all enemy army (180+) =/
they were mostly on foot though

HardCode

Erudite
Caveman said:
Fenril said:
Best Indie game...ever.

I disagree with you.

The first impression is great but...
Mount and Blade is extremely shallow and repetitive. There is no story. All quest and npc are the same.
Skills points are pretty useless like in Oblivion. So even on very high level you dont get new moves, dodges,ect.

Combat mechanisms are simple. Enemy never retreat or surrender.
There is no wound system only simple hit points.
Sieges are a joke.

There is no multiplayer! That could be cool to play some battle with friends and some npc soldiers.

Only good thing is mounted combat.

New moves? Multiplayer? Fuck off.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
I really wouldn't mind multiplayer. Fighting against the dumb AI in this game gets old after awhile, the only time I get my ass kicked is if I get cornered by 7 guys and some clod hits me straight in the head with a javelin and knocks me out.

Fuck the lance by the way. Voulges are much better, damage/range/not-to-bad speed wrapped up in a shield killer than you can take with you into sieges. And when the enemy's faster than you, it's not necessarily a good idea to wait and line up a couched charge.

also why did you bump this topic you f4g

MetalCraze

Arcane
multiplayer would be nice. I wouldn't mind some epic multiplayer battles with multiple armies consisting of 200-400 soldiers battling it out. if only M&B indeed looked epic in such battles - all we have now is one army chaotically fighting another with a harsh character limit.
(but I hope there are mods that remove that limit)

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
skyway said:
multiplayer would be nice. I wouldn't mind some epic multiplayer battles with multiple armies consisting of 200-400 soldiers battling it out. if only M&B indeed looked epic in such battles - all we have now is one army chaotically fighting another with a harsh character limit.

Actually there is a mod for that, I'm looking for it at the moment, I forgot where I saw it yesterday.

EDIT:

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/ ... 058.0.html

No clue if it works for .960 though.

Balor

Arcane
skyway said:

About 'chaotically fighting' - well, what did you expect, Sparta(!!!!)?
That's EXACTLY how engagements between small, not very disciplined warbands should look like. When it comes to realism, M&B is almost impeccable (minus swinging through friendly units, of course).
Only thing that is missing (and pretty important one, too) is morale. I really hope that it will be implemented if not in release version, then sometime after.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Balor said:
skyway said:

About 'chaotically fighting' - well, what did you expect, Sparta(!!!!)?
That's EXACTLY how engagements between small, not very disciplined warbands should look like. When it comes to realism, M&B is almost impeccable (minus swinging through friendly units, of course).
Only thing that is missing (and pretty important one, too) is morale. I really hope that it will be implemented if not in release version, then sometime after.

whats up

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/ ... 364.0.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom