Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount and Blade at .960, final beta

MetalCraze

Arcane
Balor said:
skyway said:
multiplayer would be nice. I wouldn't mind some epic multiplayer battles with multiple armies consisting of 200-400 soldiers battling it out. if only M&B indeed looked epic in such battles - all we have now is one army chaotically fighting another with a harsh character limit.
(but I hope there are mods that remove that limit)

About 'chaotically fighting' - well, what did you expect, Sparta(!!!!)?
That's EXACTLY how engagements between small, not very disciplined warbands should look like. When it comes to realism, M&B is almost impeccable (minus swinging through friendly units, of course).
Only thing that is missing (and pretty important one, too) is morale. I really hope that it will be implemented if not in release version, then sometime after.

yes yes - but having more control over your army + "more disciplined warbands" would've looked so much better. like melee troops covering archers f.e. (right now archers after some time just run into the middle of the melee battle where they quickly die). why do I want this? what we have now in M&B? your army starts to fight another army and you just ride/run around killing enemy soldiers as well. and every battle is like this. too repetitive and predictable. you can't tell much to your army after the fight starts. at least having some objectives in random fights could make a difference. possibilities are endless.

HardCode

Erudite
Objectives? The object in battle is to kill all the other guys. That's what happens in M&B. Battle isn't an adventure, it's "kill them all."

MetalCraze

Arcane
the idea was not to include the exact objectives but rather to make these battles not so much repetitive somehow

Balor

Arcane
skyway said:
Balor said:
skyway said:
multiplayer would be nice. I wouldn't mind some epic multiplayer battles with multiple armies consisting of 200-400 soldiers battling it out. if only M&B indeed looked epic in such battles - all we have now is one army chaotically fighting another with a harsh character limit.

That's EXACTLY how engagements between small, not very disciplined warbands should look like. When it comes to realism, M&B is almost impeccable (minus swinging through friendly units, of course).
Only thing that is missing (and pretty important one, too) is morale. I really hope that it will be implemented if not in release version, then sometime after.

yes yes - but having more control over your army + "more disciplined warbands" would've looked so much better. like melee troops covering archers f.e. (right now archers after some time just run into the middle of the melee battle where they quickly die). why do I want this? what we have now in M&B? your army starts to fight another army and you just ride/run around killing enemy soldiers as well. and every battle is like this. too repetitive and predictable. you can't tell much to your army after the fight starts. at least having some objectives in random fights could make a difference. possibilities are endless.

In fact you can tell your archers hold your ground somewhere up a hill, then harass enemy with your cavalry. Archers will be busy turning them into pincussions, while you taunt them and ride away. It is possible, if not with cavalry. On the other hand, archers do not work so well aganst cavalry anyway.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
skyway said:
Balor said:
skyway said:

Press the backspace key.

MetalCraze

Arcane
well the last version I was playing was .893
the backspace menu didn't actually provide much of a tactical choice

I dl'ed .960 though. didn't give it a try yet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom