Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Announced

Arikel

Novice
I only got into the first mount and blades In june, and have over 350 hours clocked in on them according to steam. Great fucking game, and with just a few additions stolen from the modverse could be wonderful. Brytenwalda and Floris showed some excellent additions to the engine, and improved the campaign significantly, if they can steal some of those ideas for the main game would be great.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
I loved Mount & Blade. I never played the multi player version.

I would definitely check out M&BII.

I had such an amazing blast with the Lord of the Rings mod for M&B that AnicentWanker did.

Hell, at one point I bought a new computer just to play it.

Was amazing. Simply amazing.

The game was flawed, but the combat engine was so amazing.

I will check this out for sure.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Why Turn Based? It works well enough now.

Mount and Blade is a weird game. The definition of 'rough gem' is apt: a lot of small problems that could be easily overlooked.
What were the 'glaring flaws' of the original that weren't in some way worked upon in Warband? Think only of the revamped orders system for Allied Lords.
Small,continuous improvements to a great idea.

And, of course, HORSE ARCHERY DAMN IT'S AWESOME

WHAT.

Kron

Arcane
Real time movement in M&B was a mess.
And most importantly, BORING and fucking tedious.
Running behind bandits, armies and cows was ridiculous.
A nice map with fog of war and armies that move around in a turn would be much more effective and quick.
There was a point in which I spent more time in that pointless worldmap with bad music than fighting with that kickass M&B combat.
In a game like R:TW, on the other hand, I enjoy the worldmap: good music, good descriptions that add quality flavor, turns that end up being more efficient than the travelling in M&B.

John Yossarian

Magister
And most importantly, BORING and fucking tedious.
Running behind bandits, armies and cows was ridiculous.
A nice map with fog of war and armies that move around in a turn would be much more effective and quick.
There was a point in which I spent more time in that pointless worldmap with bad music than fighting with that kickass M&B combat.
In a game like R:TW, on the other hand, I enjoy the worldmap: good music, good descriptions that add quality flavor, turns that end up being more efficient than the travelling in M&B.

All true. TB might not be the only answer, but it would definitely improve worldmap gameplay.

No, it wasn't.
When you were moving the time passed, when you were still, the game was automatically paused.
A mouse button gave your party its next destination, the other rotated the camera and mousewheel zoomed it in and out.
Oh, and mouse over gave you a tooltip with all the info about what you were targeting.

It was as simple, intuitive and straight forward as you can get.

zeitgeist

Magister
I hope the campaign will actually have a point to it, with permanent consequences of actions (killable generals, more city management, more diplomacy).
I'd like to see the world and map/gameworld/NPC-related mechanics become more similar to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, it would expand nicely on the current systems (which are pretty basic).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Brytenwalda and Floris showed some excellent additions to the engine, and improved the campaign significantly, if they can steal some of those ideas for the main game would be great.

Floris still uses the map from Warband rather than a completely new one, right? Been playing Brytenwalda again (final version got released recently), but I wouldn't mind playing a mod where bows are actually worthwhile instead of being shittier than throwing rocks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom