Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mouse, or keyboard?

Do you prefer using mouse, or keyboard to play RPG games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyfx1

Cipher
\\\

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It's a pretty vague question as it of course depends on the game, but usually I prefer the UI to be mouse-driven, but with a few hotkeys for opening up different menus, issuing orders, selecting multiple characters and so on.

Multi-headed Cow

Like Carrion said this is kinda so vague I have a hard time answering, but I'm going to vote mouse. I've gotten a recent appreciation of games that can be played mouse-only after dicking with games on my TV PC, since I've usually got the wireless mouse at hand but fuck lugging the wireless keyboard around.

Not even a particularly good answer for this thread since it's not like I'm sitting down and playing RPGs on my TV, but there you go. For actual functionality mouse and keyboard both are best obviously.

Baron

Arcane
F)ight
P)arley
R)un
T)eleport

Give me 26 options in a cRPG. No more. No Less.

hiver

Mouse for point and click movement which i think is essential for a stat based RPG gameplay. Having additional abilities such as Fallout had tied to the mouse is great.
Keyboard for everything else that needs shortcuts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom