Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"My country is the strongest" - Prove it in a Wargame : RD Competition

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Very tentatively interested but I'm a disgraceful noob that looses to the AI in skirmishes and never played multiplayer. On the other hand I'm a Soviet born Israeli so that gives me a choice of two strong nations. Is Israel still considered OP?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Very tentatively interested but I'm a disgraceful noob that looses to the AI in skirmishes and never played multiplayer. On the other hand I'm a Soviet born Israeli so that gives me a choice of two strong nations. Is Israel still considered OP?
Yes, Israel is still OP, though it has weaknesses that can be leveraged in 1v1. in 2v2 it is totally OP

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
How do the unit stats actually work? They seem very arbitrary upon first glance.
And that's just the visible ones. As rule of the thumb the ones you should care about first are range and AP power.

Yes, Israel is still OP, though it has weaknesses that can be leveraged in 1v1
...by equally OP Yugos. Only few countries can actually stand up on their own, and the few non-DLC ones are bombed to oblivion by deck point limits.
z_JsqmAWsEi6YWRrzXb33JWWcftHcQO75XBgi38hIJw.png

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
How do the unit stats actually work? They seem very arbitrary upon first glance.
And that's just the visible ones. As rule of the thumb the ones you should care about first are range and AP power.

Yes, Israel is still OP, though it has weaknesses that can be leveraged in 1v1
...by equally OP Yugos. Only few countries can actually stand up on their own, and the few non-DLC ones are bombed to oblivion by deck point limits.
z_JsqmAWsEi6YWRrzXb33JWWcftHcQO75XBgi38hIJw.png
Yeah, Yugoslavia is OP, with the Entente Czech-Yugoslavia one head above the rest.
Israel is very strong, but if you shoot down their fighters they don't have decent AA any more. That's their only true weakness.
They can also be a newbie trap, if one only packs the deck with the most meme Israel units and disregard the incredibly OP-for-their-price Zelda + Rovait 90'.
Infantry is not exceptional but excellent support vehicles and good number make up for that... if resisted taking the pricey and low availability meme units.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
To make an example: Vale is better than me and we played two games, one in which I was Israel and the other in which I was Red Dragons (unarguably the weakest coalition in game to to Eugen fucking up).

I lost as the Jews and won as Juche. When we talk new-to-standard players overall situation counts a bit more than unicorns, methinks.

Plus, Eugen fucked hard with the DLCs: I understand making the votes public even if we got memey stuff like Israel (and not Italy or Hungary or Taiwan, more "thematic") but releasing unbalanced units then dropping the game (I'm still salty because the Soviet Union North Korea coalition was nuked because "North Korea will be buffed" and it never happened) was kind of a shit move.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom