Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Oblivion Review

Lumpy

Arcane
Teleportation is bad, because either NPCs use it, which is annoying, or they don't use it, which doesn't make sense.
Maybe it could have been implemented as a high-rank reward in a Temple faction.

denizsi

Arcane
I heard that there are some risks of using teleportation spell in one of the Might and Magic games. If your level or experience or whatever with the spell is low, you might end up in wrong places. Perhaps that is the kind of thing that should have been done. Teleporting yourself to wrong locations, losing some equipment maybe or teleporting equipment to another far place where you can reclaim as long as you get there in a timely fashion.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
denizsi said:
I heard that there are some risks of using teleportation spell in one of the Might and Magic games. If your level or experience or whatever with the spell is low, you might end up in wrong places. Perhaps that is the kind of thing that should have been done. Teleporting yourself to wrong locations, losing some equipment maybe or teleporting equipment to another far place where you can reclaim as long as you get there in a timely fashion.
However, Oblivion's target audience would not like that because it's too hard, and it requires them to think which is very bad.

"omg my st00f is not liek wit me ne more?!!!"

Sentenza

Scholar
thras said:
I'm actually surprised at how many people talk about Morrowind like it was a great game.
The strong point of MW is the rich and deeper settings and lore.
On the 'technical' aspect, both MW and OB are blown away by the Gothic series
Plus in OB the setting is pretty lame and the lore is almost inexistent...
Morrowind had nearly all the faults of Oblivion, just not quite as pronounced. And it had lousy dungeons.
Fact is, I expected those 'faults' fixed, not enlarged, plus a whole new set of flaw coming from the idiotic idea of making the game "IDIOT PROOF tm"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom