Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie My personal list of criminally underrated RPGs.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Note that when I say 'underrated' I don't mean that people think they suck, but rather that they've somehow flown under the radar instead of going viral and selling a million copies like they should. Because all of these games are god damned amazing in their own right. I've sunk like 50+ hours into each of these, some stretching up into the hundreds. Not just fake 'left it running' hours. Actual gameplay I regret not one bit of.

Starsector - Mount and Blade in space. 2D realtime with pause tactics + personal control of a flagship (or you can let AI fly that too) You can take missions, hunt bounties, fight in wars, scavenge, trade, smuggle, explore, all that fun shit. Your captain and officers gain levels, you can found your own colonies, and there are a metric fuckton of mods with amazingly good content. Also, the game is pretty as fuck. Even if you don't think the gameplay sounds fun, try watching some recordings of the tournaments they hold every year or so. Lasers go pew. Oh, and it's not on steam, you'll have to google it and buy it straight off the dude's website. Don't sweat over that, he's legit and the game has been for sale for years as it gets closer and closer to completion, which it nearly is. Also, anyone interested in game development should go there and just read his devblog posts. Really good insightful stuff, I enjoy reading every one of them.

Troubleshooter Abandoned Children - Turn based tactics game. It's got a lot of dialogue, but if you're a combat fiend, you can honestly skip all that and get lost in the combat and build optimizing. This is a game where the numbers have numbers. Something as simple as your hit rate will be influeced by distance, weather, lighting, passive skills and buffs on you and the enemy, support skills from allies, equipment... and that also applies to damage, crit rates, movement, and a ton of other things. If you want a game with a million details to optimize that have big impacts, check this out for sure. Easily the best straight up tactics game I've ever played. It is Korean, so the art style / cultural stuff might be offputting to you.

X-Piratez. Check out my LP! It's a total conversion of the original X-Com where you control a faction of mutant amazon pirate babes in post apocalyptic earth. Ridiculous amounts of content. My new favourite game. Don't confuse my lack of description for lack of interest, it really is the best thing I've played, ever. I'm just sick of describing it after writing so much in the LP and plugging it in other places on the interwebs.

Crystal Project - One of those one man indie passion projects from a master of gameplay. The game is a unique blend of metroidvania and traditional jrpg genres. Combat is entirely turn based, which a really solid set of mechanics and a lot of depth. There's a whole multiclassing system that is just really great there. The metroidvania side of things is in the way the world is wide open, and full of secrets and incentives to explore. You unlock new classes by finding objects in the world, as well as new mobility options that let you explore further, and really powerful gear with effects like vampirism or doubling your max health at the cost of being perpetually poisoned, which is part of what makes the build munchkin aspect so good. Story is basically non existent, and you're pretty much expected to go off the rails and sequence break things at least once in a while.

Star Traders: Frontiers - Awesome game if you want something a bit lighter, mechanics wise. A mesh of a whole bunch of systems, with crew combat, trading, ship combat, and a bunch of minigames for things like smuggling, derelict scavenging, piracy, anti-piracy, and planet surveying that all tie into the stats of your captain and crew. Game has been getting steadily updated for years, with over a hunder updates. Like, real ones too, not that "We adds a new colour of underwear and fixed a typo" shit you get from Bannerlord. Man, fuck those guys. I personally like playing the game in ironman mode, but I think it works well softcore as well. There's a bunch of lore and stuff to explore as well if you're into that. The game (especially character models) is ugly as sin though. Wish someone would mod that for them.

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Incredibly combat focused dungeon crawler. Basically plays like an old wizardry game, albeit you get a topdown view so the mapping isn't an issue. You also get a party of 12 pretty customizable characters, of which 4 will be on the front line in actual combat at any time. That's 12 members in the dungeon out of a roster of like 50 you'll gradually recruit as you explore, each one with a unique list of spells and special traits. There's also a simple but impactful equipment system. Anime as all hell, but again, if you just want great gameplay, it's a slice of heaven.

Crosscode - This one is mostly an action game, with light RPG elements. You get equipment and level up and such, but it honestly plays more like a faster version of a classic 2D Zelda clone. So why is it here? Well, first, the combat is actually really, really good. So is the puzzle stuff. It's all just really well integrated, giving you a lot of freedom to fight in different ways in combat and the puzzles just involve a plethora of neat mechanics. None of that lame block pushing shit that just wastes time, you'll actually have to think about some of these, and executing some of them is tricky too. Second- it's got the best story I've seen in a video game in, well, forever frankly. Honestly it'd be worthy of a full on novelization or movie or anime adaptation or something, but it works even better through the medium of a videogame. I don't want to spoil shit but if the gameplay is at all up your alley, I can't recommend this enough.

Astlibra Revision - This is also mostly an action game. Arguably the RPG elements are a bit stronger than crosscode, with equipment and learned passive skills having a much bigger impact on your character. This one is just really high quality if you want a sidescrolling beat-em-up violence fest. Has just enough loot whoring, min-maxing and exploration to keep the pacing just right. I really enjoyed the story too, but YMMV.

Monster Sanctuary - Another blend of Metroidvania and jrpg, but the jrpg in question is pokemon. But, like, pokemon for rpg grognards who want to minmax a party with hundreds of potential synergies. The metroidvania elements are actually pretty light, you have a fair bit of freedom but really this is another game all about the turn based combat drowning in rich systems. You can make a team that revolves around stacking a million buffs, or heals itself while triggering passives that injure the enemy while you heal, or just alpha strikes things with a massive combo, or applies a wither set of debuffs, or combines buffs, debuffs, passives and synergies to minman your critical hits specifically, or using some unique monster traits that make the party stronger as combat drags on combined with extreme defensive specialization. So much freedom. Excellent game. Story is crap but whatever. Game is also pretty.

Siralim Ultimate - Fourth iteration of a one man passion project. A game with systems on systems on systems, just drowning in depth. You literally can't even make use of all of them at once, there's just too much. You have a character class, which influences the part of monsters you recruit, monsters which you also customize with equipment and spells, equipment and spells you can also customize, using a stronghold you also customize, using a dozen different resources acquired from your dungeon delving which can also be customized, plus there are gods and a piety system, monster fusions, mini quests, a battle chaining mechanics... I just can't even describe it all. The game is minimalistic and streamlined in the extreme, it has a turbomode for grinding through combat at like 50x speed and outright removing text from a lot of interactions in the dungeon. It's just pure numbers go up munchkin gameplay with more freedom to tweak things than anything I've ever seen by several orders of magnitude.

Eador Genesis - A kind of roguelike grand strategy-strategy-tactics game all rolled into one. You've got a top level campaign where you select worlds to conquer which reward you with unlocking parts of your tech tree and passive bonuses to help conquer worlds. Then you've got the world maps the next level down where you'll build up a city each time and recruit heroes and an army for them that can all level up, then the lowest level which consist of dozens of provinces which you can indivdually explore and fight tactical battles in and find encounters with random monsters and shopkeepers and such, along with little quest vignettes where you can bless a baby or sacrifice it to the dark gods depending on your alignment, which trickles back up into the highest layer where it influences the story and your relationship with other demigods. A masterpiece of marrying multiple layers of gameplay together. There's also an amazing mod called New Horizons that goes with it, the culmination of years of tweaks and added content from a dedicated fanbase. The mod does wildly alter the basic gameplay balance though, making recruitable units and wizards much more powerful and high level invincible warriors decked out in relics much less invincible. I feel like both the modded and base game have their merits, but the campaign is so incredibly long I've never found the time to get anywhere close to finishing it either way.

Disagree, discuss, post your own or whatever. I just felt the need to plug these games, they deserve more attention than they've gotten.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Are the battles in Starsector fun? The feature set looks amazing to me (Mount & Blade is my favorite game ever) but the gameplay just seems kinda meh when I watch people play it.

Will probably give it a try regardless but that's my only hesitation.

Damned Registrations

Are the battles in Starsector fun? The feature set looks amazing to me (Mount & Blade is my favorite game ever) but the gameplay just seems kinda meh when I watch people play it.

Will probably give it a try regardless but that's my only hesitation.
I find it depends a lot on the particular battle. Tastes vary obviously, but personally I most enjoy flying around as a ludicrously expensive frigate that can fuck up ships much larger, really swinging the scales of the battle. Other people seem to enjoy micromanaging a capped out fleet. There's a fair amount of variance between fleets and ships too, with things like missile boats, carriers, phase ships, PD boats and frigates that might as well be portable walls. I've no idea what sort of gameplay you saw so I can't really comment on whether or not you'd enjoy it, but I really find it satisfying, as long as I'm not doing something tedious like mopping up low level pirates with a high level fleet (which there's not much incentive to do.) The worst part of battles is often right at the end, convincing the last one or two enemy ships to escape, but there's a mod for cranking the battle speed way up so that only takes seconds.

Damned Registrations

Crosscode
how is that underrated? I remember seeing it a lot and it has almost 13k reviews on steam

haven't heard of the other but I can imagine what your definition of "underrated" is
Where have you seen it a lot? I never see it mentioned. Though it apparently did get a metric fuckton of reviews since I first played it (Starting Sept 2018? I assume someone famous plugged it?). I'd still argue it's underrated, it should be near stuff like Hollow Knight or Terraria, not Blasphemous and Salt and Sanctuary.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Note that when I say 'underrated' I don't mean that people think they suck, but rather that they've somehow flown under the radar instead of going viral and selling a million copies like they should. Because all of these games are god damned amazing in their own right. I've sunk like 50+ hours into each of these, some stretching up into the hundreds. Not just fake 'left it running' hours. Actual gameplay I regret not one bit of.

Starsector - Mount and Blade in space. 2D realtime with pause tactics + personal control of a flagship (or you can let AI fly that too) You can take missions, hunt bounties, fight in wars, scavenge, trade, smuggle, explore, all that fun shit. Your captain and officers gain levels, you can found your own colonies, and there are a metric fuckton of mods with amazingly good content. Also, the game is pretty as fuck. Even if you don't think the gameplay sounds fun, try watching some recordings of the tournaments they hold every year or so. Lasers go pew. Oh, and it's not on steam, you'll have to google it and buy it straight off the dude's website. Don't sweat over that, he's legit and the game has been for sale for years as it gets closer and closer to completion, which it nearly is. Also, anyone interested in game development should go there and just read his devblog posts. Really good insightful stuff, I enjoy reading every one of them.

Troubleshooter Abandoned Children - Turn based tactics game. It's got a lot of dialogue, but if you're a combat fiend, you can honestly skip all that and get lost in the combat and build optimizing. This is a game where the numbers have numbers. Something as simple as your hit rate will be influeced by distance, weather, lighting, passive skills and buffs on you and the enemy, support skills from allies, equipment... and that also applies to damage, crit rates, movement, and a ton of other things. If you want a game with a million details to optimize that have big impacts, check this out for sure. Easily the best straight up tactics game I've ever played. It is Korean, so the art style / cultural stuff might be offputting to you.

X-Piratez. Check out my LP! It's a total conversion of the original X-Com where you control a faction of mutant amazon pirate babes in post apocalyptic earth. Ridiculous amounts of content. My new favourite game. Don't confuse my lack of description for lack of interest, it really is the best thing I've played, ever. I'm just sick of describing it after writing so much in the LP and plugging it in other places on the interwebs.

Crystal Project - One of those one man indie passion projects from a master of gameplay. The game is a unique blend of metroidvania and traditional jrpg genres. Combat is entirely turn based, which a really solid set of mechanics and a lot of depth. There's a whole multiclassing system that is just really great there. The metroidvania side of things is in the way the world is wide open, and full of secrets and incentives to explore. You unlock new classes by finding objects in the world, as well as new mobility options that let you explore further, and really powerful gear with effects like vampirism or doubling your max health at the cost of being perpetually poisoned, which is part of what makes the build munchkin aspect so good. Story is basically non existent, and you're pretty much expected to go off the rails and sequence break things at least once in a while.

Star Traders: Frontiers - Awesome game if you want something a bit lighter, mechanics wise. A mesh of a whole bunch of systems, with crew combat, trading, ship combat, and a bunch of minigames for things like smuggling, derelict scavenging, piracy, anti-piracy, and planet surveying that all tie into the stats of your captain and crew. Game has been getting steadily updated for years, with over a hunder updates. Like, real ones too, not that "We adds a new colour of underwear and fixed a typo" shit you get from Bannerlord. Man, fuck those guys. I personally like playing the game in ironman mode, but I think it works well softcore as well. There's a bunch of lore and stuff to explore as well if you're into that. The game (especially character models) is ugly as sin though. Wish someone would mod that for them.

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Incredibly combat focused dungeon crawler. Basically plays like an old wizardry game, albeit you get a topdown view so the mapping isn't an issue. You also get a party of 12 pretty customizable characters, of which 4 will be on the front line in actual combat at any time. That's 12 members in the dungeon out of a roster of like 50 you'll gradually recruit as you explore, each one with a unique list of spells and special traits. There's also a simple but impactful equipment system. Anime as all hell, but again, if you just want great gameplay, it's a slice of heaven.

Crosscode - This one is mostly an action game, with light RPG elements. You get equipment and level up and such, but it honestly plays more like a faster version of a classic 2D Zelda clone. So why is it here? Well, first, the combat is actually really, really good. So is the puzzle stuff. It's all just really well integrated, giving you a lot of freedom to fight in different ways in combat and the puzzles just involve a plethora of neat mechanics. None of that lame block pushing shit that just wastes time, you'll actually have to think about some of these, and executing some of them is tricky too. Second- it's got the best story I've seen in a video game in, well, forever frankly. Honestly it'd be worthy of a full on novelization or movie or anime adaptation or something, but it works even better through the medium of a videogame. I don't want to spoil shit but if the gameplay is at all up your alley, I can't recommend this enough.

Astlibra Revision - This is also mostly an action game. Arguably the RPG elements are a bit stronger than crosscode, with equipment and learned passive skills having a much bigger impact on your character. This one is just really high quality if you want a sidescrolling beat-em-up violence fest. Has just enough loot whoring, min-maxing and exploration to keep the pacing just right. I really enjoyed the story too, but YMMV.

Monster Sanctuary - Another blend of Metroidvania and jrpg, but the jrpg in question is pokemon. But, like, pokemon for rpg grognards who want to minmax a party with hundreds of potential synergies. The metroidvania elements are actually pretty light, you have a fair bit of freedom but really this is another game all about the turn based combat drowning in rich systems. You can make a team that revolves around stacking a million buffs, or heals itself while triggering passives that injure the enemy while you heal, or just alpha strikes things with a massive combo, or applies a wither set of debuffs, or combines buffs, debuffs, passives and synergies to minman your critical hits specifically, or using some unique monster traits that make the party stronger as combat drags on combined with extreme defensive specialization. So much freedom. Excellent game. Story is crap but whatever. Game is also pretty.

Siralim Ultimate - Fourth iteration of a one man passion project. A game with systems on systems on systems, just drowning in depth. You literally can't even make use of all of them at once, there's just too much. You have a character class, which influences the part of monsters you recruit, monsters which you also customize with equipment and spells, equipment and spells you can also customize, using a stronghold you also customize, using a dozen different resources acquired from your dungeon delving which can also be customized, plus there are gods and a piety system, monster fusions, mini quests, a battle chaining mechanics... I just can't even describe it all. The game is minimalistic and streamlined in the extreme, it has a turbomode for grinding through combat at like 50x speed and outright removing text from a lot of interactions in the dungeon. It's just pure numbers go up munchkin gameplay with more freedom to tweak things than anything I've ever seen by several orders of magnitude.

Eador Genesis - A kind of roguelike grand strategy-strategy-tactics game all rolled into one. You've got a top level campaign where you select worlds to conquer which reward you with unlocking parts of your tech tree and passive bonuses to help conquer worlds. Then you've got the world maps the next level down where you'll build up a city each time and recruit heroes and an army for them that can all level up, then the lowest level which consist of dozens of provinces which you can indivdually explore and fight tactical battles in and find encounters with random monsters and shopkeepers and such, along with little quest vignettes where you can bless a baby or sacrifice it to the dark gods depending on your alignment, which trickles back up into the highest layer where it influences the story and your relationship with other demigods. A masterpiece of marrying multiple layers of gameplay together. There's also an amazing mod called New Horizons that goes with it, the culmination of years of tweaks and added content from a dedicated fanbase. The mod does wildly alter the basic gameplay balance though, making recruitable units and wizards much more powerful and high level invincible warriors decked out in relics much less invincible. I feel like both the modded and base game have their merits, but the campaign is so incredibly long I've never found the time to get anywhere close to finishing it either way.

Disagree, discuss, post your own or whatever. I just felt the need to plug these games, they deserve more attention than they've gotten.

i know XPiratez, but will check the other stuff thanks

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Thanks for that listing. Star Traders: Frontiers sounds interesting. Might have to check that out. :salute:
its rng game that I approve. I strongly suggest to aim towards playing highest diff on ironman. It might seem very random at first but you will eventually learn that its all on you. Risk can be managed and you can manage mitigations for bad lack too.
Also its larp heaven. Want to be han solo in the world of battleships and death stars? Go ahead

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Star Traders: Frontiers sounds interesting.
Don't bother. Not sure how much OP has actually played it or if they fixed it since, but when I tried it I found the game impossible to avoid a death spiral of faction loss. Wherever you go you get attacked by hostile aggressive pirates, but when you kill them you piss off a faction. The losses outweigh the gains 2:1, so as you fly around eventually the whole galaxy hates you for defending yourself. But you can't avoid the fight either, because then you get dinged for "Cowardice." So you have to start each fight, take some hits, THEN run away. Thus the main gameplay loop entails running from every space battle and using quests to try to mitigate the damage/crew losses from each fight. Horrible.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Star Traders is indeed decent. Didn't play it long enough to get to that problem though.

Calling it an RPG is a stretch though - it's strategy with RPG elements.

BruceVC

Magister

Very interesting list, I havent heard of a single one of these games

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Don't bother. Not sure how much OP has actually played it or if they fixed it since, but when I tried it I found the game impossible to avoid a death spiral of faction loss. Wherever you go you get attacked by hostile aggressive pirates, but when you kill them you piss off a faction. The losses outweigh the gains 2:1, so as you fly around eventually the whole galaxy hates you for defending yourself. But you can't avoid the fight either, because then you get dinged for "Cowardice." So you have to start each fight, take some hits, THEN run away. Thus the main gameplay loop entails running from every space battle and using quests to try to mitigate the damage/crew losses from each fight. Horrible.
you suck and didnt spend any time to figure systems out.
Its basic math, you gain way more rep than lose with other faction. Play both sides.
Have prepared escape cards for potential death scenarios. If you gamble, is on you

Damned Registrations

The bad rep spiral is totally avoidable, you need to invest time and resources into improving reputations though, and not let any of them fall too far. Merchants and doctors get excellent skills for increasing rep, merchants can generally avoid fights pretty easily, and as someone else pointed out, you can play both sides to build rep up faster than you lose it with a combat oriented build. Generally speaking, beating up any ship, even pirates, in their own territory is a bad idea, while picking on pirates, smugglers, and even merchants to some extent can give you net positive rep if you're in friendly territory and they aren't. Various licenses, skills and class bonuses and random events can help improve rep or mitigate losses as well. Even if a faction hates you, you can do something like go to one of their planets during a pirate tide and patrol for them to defend their stuff and gain a ton of rep.

Protip: Avoid the starting tutorial quest where you get involved in the assassination plot. It costs you a lot of rep right off the bat. It's possible to dig out and be fine, but no need to add that headache while you're still figuring out basic mechanics like how to avoid losing it constantly. Or just turn down the difficult while you figure stuff out. I enjoyed smashing my head against the wall while trying to do the challenges, but that's not for everyone.
Very interesting list, I havent heard of a single one of these games
That's the idea. Glad a bunch of these are landing on people's radar in this thread.

Damned Registrations

Yeah, that's fair, most of these are some sort of hybrid affair. I was mostly going by the definition that the subforum uses, which is incredibly inclusive. I mean, Hades is in here ffs. The sad fact is, the more traditional crpgs I've played lately have been pretty disappointing. Though I've got some potentially good stuff I've yet to take off the shelf (KotC2, Grimoire) everyone has already heard of those I expect so even if they are excellent, I'm not sure I'd list them here.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Its basic math, you gain way more rep than lose with other faction.
Nope, not when I played it. Every fight was like +2 one faction, -10 three other factions. They may have fixed it since then, the game gets updates constantly. I admit I didn't play it too long but a game that punishes you for engaging in fights it FORCES ON YOU is shit design.

Getting attacked by aggressive pirates, losing rep when you win, and losing even more rep when you run away is bad design. It's literally not what a pirate is. Losing rep with pirates shouldn't matter for sovereign nations. Pirate = criminals. If the pirates are affiliated, they're not pirates, they're privateers. Also notice that no one's afraid of losing rep with the player's faction to avoid attacking them--you can pull strings to avoid a fight but that costs you rep. It's lose-lose-or lose. I hate asymmetrical systems that make no sense. I'm not saying there isn't some way to game the system to come out ahead, I'm saying it's not fun.

*edit*
I do remember now there were character abilities like "avoid losing rep for running," but that's gay. Why would I want to run from the gameplay? It really just gobsmacks me that the game punishes you for defending yourself from fights you didn't start. It's unrealistic, ahistorical, and amoral.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Its basic math, you gain way more rep than lose with other faction.
Nope, not when I played it. Every fight was like +2 one faction, -10 three other factions. They may have fixed it since then, the game gets updates constantly. I admit I didn't play it too long but a game that punishes you for engaging in fights it FORCES ON YOU is shit design.

Getting attacked by aggressive pirates, losing rep when you win, and losing even more rep when you run away is bad design. It's literally not what a pirate is. Losing rep with pirates shouldn't matter for sovereign nations. Pirate = criminals. If the pirates are affiliated, they're not pirates, they're privateers. Also notice that no one's afraid of losing rep with the player's faction to avoid attacking them--you can pull strings to avoid a fight but that costs you rep. It's lose-lose-or lose. I hate asymmetrical systems that make no sense. I'm not saying there isn't some way to game the system to come out ahead, I'm saying it's not fun.

*edit*
I do remember now there were character abilities like "avoid losing rep for running," but that's gay. Why would I want to run from the gameplay? It really just gobsmacks me that the game punishes you for defending yourself from fights you didn't start. It's unrealistic, ahistorical, and amoral.
Again, this is simply not how he game works generally. There are rare situations where it could be the case, such as if there is an alliance between multiple factions and you're fighting pirates in their own system and you already have shit rep with a bunch of factions that is increasing the penalties, and you elected to massacre the enemy crew so you could salvage the scrap metal from their ship instead of taking the ransom. But if you're playing intelligently, it's not an issue. If 3 factons have temporarily banded together, do things FOR those factions and GAIN triple the rep instead of fighting them and losing it. Duh.

And yes, they are arguably privateers the way the game treats them, but it's less that they have a letter of marque and more that a faction isn't going to punish criminals for crimes against their enemies. There's a reason countries don't honour extradition orders with everyone on Earth, only allies, and cops don't really give a fuck about gang members attacking each other. Enemies WILL be afraid of attacking the player if they're in their own territory and not at way with someone else. Pirates of a friendly faction will just let you pass because they don't want the rep hit for attacking a ship respected by their own faction. You'll also get a free pass if you're in territory that is friendly because someone that would otherwise be aggressive doesn't want to anger local authorities.

The game is quite detailed in this regard, it's one of the things I really enjoy about it. It's not about mindlessly going wherever you want and fighting everyone who is hostile to you. Maybe when you played this stuff wasn't explained very well in the various tooltips and messages and such, but from what you've said it sounds more like you simply didn't pay much attention to such things and just wanted to blow shit up.

MerchantKing

Learned
I liked Star Sector. The smuggling and market simulation was fun though it needs a bit more going on like stocks and various financial aspects like banking.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Seven: The Days Long Gone.

Fairly unknown isometric action RPG. Cyberpunk vibe, I would call it a flawed gem more than 'criminally underrated'. Is it worth the $30 they are still asking for it as of right now? Probably not, if I'm being honest. $19.99 would be a very good price point for the Enhanced Edition they are now offering w/ the free DLC. There is a demo however if you want to test drive it for free.

Far better graphics but far less complex systems then probably what else is on this list so far.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Astlibra is the hidden gem that I greatly enjoyed recently. A great one-man effort, with a lot of rpg-elements beneath the real-time combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom