Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mysteries of Westgate - no longer available for sale from Atari, but still downloadable

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I recently learned that the MoW Adventure Pack from Ossian Studios was no longer being sold by Atari. Surprisingly however, the download links they emailed me back in 2010 still work (though who can say for how long?).

The email also states:
To avoid fraud, you can only download your game 6 times. If you need more downloads, please contact our customer support at eu.support.atari@gamesplanet.com indicating your purchase number (785916) and the e-mail address you used to carry out the purchase. Note you can also save the files of the game you have downloaded to a CD or DVD.

Perhaps we should upload the installation files somewhere while we still can. You need an activation code to play it so it wouldn't really constitute piracy.

Bonus: Download links for NWN1 premium modules
Kingmaker
ShadowGuard plus Witch's Wake
Pirates of the Sword Coast
Infinite Dungeons
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Those NWN1 links work for me, by the way. And I never bought the modules.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, can download them. Either those are free now or you're pointing to copyrighted material.
In before Infinitron ban.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, can download them. Either those are free now or you're pointing to copyrighted material.

I copied those links directly from BSN. If it's good enough for Stanley Roo, it's good enough for the Codex.

Clarification: The premium modules need to authenticate with a server when you play them, it's not enough to just download them.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

I copied those links directly from BSN. If it's good enough for Stanley Roo, it's good enough for the Codex.

Clarification: The premium modules need to authenticate with a server when you play them, it's not enough to just download them.
I played Witch's Wake a few months ago with my GOG copy, worked perfectly. I think I have read that they don't need to authenticate anymore, or maybe they fail to reach the server and the game's just cool with that and says "It's alright, just play it".

Edit: http://af.gog.com/en/forum/neverwinter_nights_diamond/premium_modules?as=1649904300

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

I played Witch's Wake a few months ago with my GOG copy, worked perfectly. I think I have read that they don't need to authenticate anymore, or maybe they fail to reach the server and the game's just cool with that and says "It's alright, just play it".

Edit: http://af.gog.com/en/forum/neverwinter_nights_diamond/premium_modules?as=1649904300

I believe the Diamond Edition comes with non-DRMed versions of Witch's Wake, Shadowguard and Kingmaker.
But there are three more premium modules that were never released that way.

Deleted member 7219

I bought Mysteries of Westgate from DLgamer.com, a French website that also caters to people in the UK and elsewhere. The second time I tried to download it it said I had run out of downloads or something, so I sent an email to Customer Support and they fixed it for me, and I haven't had any problems since.

The links to the NWN Premium Modules are much appreciated, I bought them the first time around and was really pissed off when Bioware removed them from the Account page.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bought MoW day 1 and immediately burn the installer on a dvd, its better to be safe then sorry.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

I believe the Diamond Edition comes with a non-DRMed version of Witch's Wake, Shadowguard and Kingmaker.
But there are three more premium modules that were never released that way.
According to the game's page it's only Kingmaker. And if you read the forum thread I linked, it seems the modules DO all work. I cannot be arsed to install the game and try it out myself right now, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
My MOW download links are on a domain named "dls.metaboli.com". Apparently Metaboli is some kind of PC gaming download site?
I bought MOW directly from Atari's EU site, back in the day.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MoW was bundled here with Storm of Zehir so I gots my shit on my cds right where I want them:keepmymoney:

Tigranes

Arcane
Metaboli is behind Game.co.uk and other UK-based digital download sites, and is generally fine.

grotsnik

Arcane
Pirates of the Sword Coast authenticates just fine without having to pay for it. It's even...kind of fun so far, in places and in a goofy sort of way, even if it is excessively modular. There are a few different quest options throughout, skill checks appear to get tougher if you fail them the first time then attempt to repeat them, there's a stealth bit that involves hiding from a henpecked husband's wife, and an irritating survival bit that enforces crafting in order to survive on a jelly-infested island. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Pirates of the Sword Coast authenticates just fine without having to pay for it. It's even...kind of fun so far, in places and in a goofy sort of way, even if it is excessively modular. There are a few different quest options throughout, skill checks appear to get tougher if you fail them the first time then attempt to repeat them, there's a stealth bit that involves hiding from a henpecked husband's wife, and an irritating survival bit that enforces crafting in order to survive on a jelly-infested island. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Finish it and give us your :obviously: review, grot.

stabby

Learned
According to the game's page it's only Kingmaker. And if you read the forum thread I linked, it seems the modules DO all work. I cannot be arsed to install the game and try it out myself right now, though.

Infinitron's right btw, as technically Shadowguard, Witch's Wake & Kingsguard were originally released together on a disc called the Kingmaker Expansion. They installed and ran with a single cd-key included in the box, where I think the later premium modules check that your NWN cd-key was authorized to play them. I very much doubt Atari's decided to have a change of heart in that regard as they haven't been for sale for quite a long time (and I also can't be arsed to try).

Edit: Oops, nevermind the last bit, read your linked thread a little more thoroughly and see the mentions of the other 3 modules being playable. Find myself quite honestly surprised at the fact.

grotsnik

Arcane
Finish it and give us your :obviously: review, grot.

It's...well, it reminds me a lot of Adam Miller's later mods, in that it's basically a bunch of different concept areas and quests tied together with string (now you're fashioning crude spears out of driftwood and rocks to hunt pigs! Now you're gathering a pirate crew of five from nine possible options, some of which require using skills, solving puzzles, or a stealth level! Now you're running back and forth across the boring tilesets following clues on a treasure hunt! Now you're patching up holes in the hull of your ship while the water level periodically rises, slowing you to a halt while shark-people attack you! Now you're undead and must therefore stock up on 'Inflict Wound' potions!).

Most of it's pretty primitive - for instance, in dialogue the module lets you 1) decide your skill-use 'tactic' (i.e. 'try to pacify the bandits') and then 2) choose the specific skill you want to use, based on the DC roll required, but it's rare that there's ever more than one skill available, making the system redundant. Still, there are different ways of going about a good few of the quests, and one or two aren't even immediately obvious. The combat doesn't drag on too much, but there are a few annoying respawn areas and the combat levels tend to feature the same few creature types plonked down a short distance apart from each other, in fine old NWN style.

The story's a load of old bollocks, obviously. The villain seemed to me particularly badly written - apparently she gives you different dialogue depending on how sympathetically you react towards her throughout the module, which ultimately leads to one of two different boss fights. Great, but it made her character nonsensical; at the climax she greeted my PC, who had attempted repeatedly to thwart her plans, fighting through a dungeonful of her minions in the process, with a friendly cry of 'Oh, my gosh, Charname, how did you get here?'. There's a lot of silly pop-culture-reference humour but a few cute moments, like the gory creation of a kind of ultimate pirate with two hooks for hands and two peg legs.

All in all, a resounding 'I've seen worse from this game's official content'.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
There is also Darkness over Daggerford, which I have yet to play, that was developped by Ossian (of Mysteries of Westgate fame). It was developped as a premium module but from what I gathered the release of such modules was cancelled before it could be released, and so it was released for free.

Edit: I just reinstalled NWN and I can confirm that the premium modules linked by Infinitron in the first post are authenticated without problem.

lefthandblack

Arcane
Do they still have to be re-authorized every time you load a save? Even for something free that's still more hoops than I'm willing to jump through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom