Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

jackofshadows

Magister
Finally found a build that can easily survive the early game:

- Strong and Athletic, build spears and equip two to hunt for dog meat
- Strong skill means you get the Dogman coat against hypothermia right away
- Trapping skill to start fires from nothing and cure meat
- Only needed luck to get a lake close-by and a couple towns for decent loot
I like to rush to Detroit first so basically the only skill you need for that is Athletic to avoid the mobs. Hunger and even thirst do not occur fast enough thus single possible problem in this case - hypothermia which resolves either by choosing melee/strong as you mentioned or simply by picking up lucky hoody/whatever along the way.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Does anyone know what causes the bug with the map not loading properly? I swear every time I get to Detroit, save, quit, and reload the map where I explored goes dark again. It might have something to do with another bug I noticed where the combat log or log in general just stops working. Noticeable when you're getting hit and hitting with no notice. I think I may have screwed up my flash settings somehow.

agris

Arcane
Patron
In regards to flash settings, this sounds like it may be an OS privileges issue. Are you using win10 perchance?

Grimlorn

Arcane
In regards to flash settings, this sounds like it may be an OS privileges issue. Are you using win10 perchance?
No windows 7 64 bit. The reason I said a flash player setting is because I think I hit the decline or block button when the little flash player box popped up by accident because I was trying to click something in the game at the same time. I went through the flash player settings looking for a setting and couldn't find one. Thank God I had the save mod as a backup because just deleting my local browser data and flash player settings deleted my save. I still need to see if this works but it could be some other bug.

I did notice that it didn't seem to matter how many hours I played the backup save files all stayed around 500-600 kb after a couple hours of play. I wonder if there is some sort of limitation in the save file that removes the part of the map you explored to compensate or something. Example you start a game and save and quit it's at 10-20 kb. Then after 2 hours it's at about 500 kb. Then even if you play 8+ hours the save file is still the same size.

Then there is the issue of the combat/message log not working and it appears to happen after a couple hours of playing in a row which seems to coincide with the map issue. I just hate how the map keeps blacking out because it's like you lose all your progress.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Just replicated it again. This time I made sure to click on the allow option. It asked for 1 mb of space or something if I recall correctly. I saw some of the auto saves go up to 800 to 1000 kb, but I hit the bug with the log again and the backup save went back down to 500 kb again and I lost most of the map progress again. I wonder if after too much space (more than 1mb) is used it automatically resets. I lost access to gyro it appears. Had stuff stored in campground but the building doesn't show up on campground. Can't get it to work. No hvac or light show up either on ingredients.

Forgot to mention when you go to save and quit. It just says saving and never quits. Not sure if that has something to do with it. I end up having to quit manually in top right corner.

I think I was dealing with this problem in the past and that's why I quit playing. It's frustrating, you lose the map and your progress. I Think every area that blacks out resets. The map definitely changed around Detroit when logging in. There's no safe spot to store anything because of this either.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This is the game that Coronavirus FEARS!

Learn how to successfully kill other hobos and steal their toilet paper.

:d1p: :thumbsup:

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think I figured out the problem.

You have to right click as the game is loading before the main menu pops up. Go to settings and from there you can set the amount of data for storage. You do this and you shouldn't have any problems with the save data dropping.

Unfortunately I lost access to Hatter. I already met him and got the bracelet from him before the save corruption and he's no longer on the map. So no way to retrigger him as far as I know.

Gostak

Educated
"I regret getting this one instead of something else. NPCs even humans are simple cannon (or here crowbar, makeshift-spear etc.) fodder. The communication options are a joke and prompt 'em at most to maybe retreat. That and too little story CYOA style events make this a simplistic repetitive affair. Let us not even begin to talk about that cheap wraith enemy."

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"I regret getting this one instead of something else. NPCs even humans are simple cannon (or here crowbar, makeshift-spear etc.) fodder. The communication options are a joke and prompt 'em at most to maybe retreat. That and too little story CYOA style events make this a simplistic repetitive affair. Let us not even begin to talk about that cheap wraith enemy."

I assume you're quoting someone else?

Utfärd

Survival Time: 61 days, 10.82 hours.

Player suffocated in an automated detention room, awaiting security personnel who would never come.

:negative:

Doc Sportello

Learned
Patron
Hi, does anyone have the latest version of Extended NeoScav? The one on Nexus is outdated and a bit buggy, the official forum seems to be down at the moment and the other option is discord but I don't use discord.:retarded:

Doc Sportello

Learned
Patron
Hi, does anyone have the latest version of Extended NeoScav? The one on Nexus is outdated and a bit buggy, the official forum seems to be down at the moment and the other option is discord but I don't use discord.:retarded:
I just joined the discord to get the link, here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/argpix8v9snm9vbbrp8ge/NSE720.rar
Thank you so much bro :cainapproves:

EDIT: it says I don't have access to the file, probably because the last time I logged in into my dropbox account was in July 2017 :hmmm:
or maybe I just don't know how dropbox works lmao

Last edited:

Doc Sportello

Learned
Patron
yep. it

Request access​

Did you manage to get it?
Send a feet picture then maybe you can access.
Quentin pls

I managed to download it without problem, so for those of you who can't grab it from the Dropbox link for whatever reason, I reuploaded it to my Mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sw2gthay6e9u3a7/NSE720.rar/file
Thanks again brother

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom