Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nevergrind Online - multiplayer blobber

I assume the kids get on the bus at the station and once you're in the dungeon, there's only your bus driving around. Correct?

Trench

Neverworks Games
Developer
I assume the kids get on the bus at the station and once you're in the dungeon, there's only your bus driving around. Correct?

Correct the dungeons are all instanced. its similar to guild wars 1. Central hub area where people can chat/trade/upgrade skills/manage bank/sell/buy. Team up with people and venture off.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ok so I bought it. Been having an alright time so far.

Multiplayer is fairly robust for now
The leader of the group controls the party as stated above
Singplayer/offline play is a thing
Doesnt appear to be anyway to bring single player character to multiplayer and vice versa
Game will scale if you run solo or small group online or offline
If you do solo bring some potions
Uses a lot of eq1 sounds which is awesome. I guess they are stock sounds
The town is static. No moving around just click on the various buildings
Low amount of monster variety
Low amount of cave/dungeon types
Even though its real time its fairly slow/relaxing in its pace
Music is subdued and not memorable or irritating
The ai face gen characters are not bad at all
The various classes seem different enough

Anyways, might be worth a look if you are already interested.

somerandomdude

Learned
I just now noticed this, but the banker doesn't have a big enough nose for that role. The rest of him looks fine, except for that one feature that's missing.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I just now noticed this, but the banker doesn't have a big enough nose for that role. The rest of him looks fine, except for that one feature that's missing.

gM2R5io.jpg

I dunno. Just looks like a chubby German fella to me. Maybe has some Halfing in his family tree.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Nevergrind Online the worlds first multiplayer dungeon crawling blobber enters early access!
You're not the first. You're not even the second. You're most likely in the 150-200 spot for this. The very first one was Island of Kesmai published in 1985. Neverwinter Nights, using the SSI Gold Box engine, was published way back in 1991.

It's like claiming that your movie has the first black superhero for a franchise while ignoring the fact that Wesley Snipes did Blade in the 1990s.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
You're not the first. You're not even the second. You're most likely in the 150-200 spot for this. The very first one was Island of Kesmai published in 1985. Neverwinter Nights, using the SSI Gold Box engine, was published way back in 1991.

Goldboxes are not true blobbers tho', and Kesmai wasn't a blobber at all.

Now, Yserbius/Twinion/Cawdor were blobbers alright.

somerandomdude

Learned
The game has picked up a bit since launch, and there's honestly more Japanese players than Americans or Europeans. I'm not really much of a team player in these types of games, and honestly prefer solo play, but the basic fundamentals of the game are good, and it's fun and addicting in its own way. Solo-offline is perfectly viable, and I took a look at recent patch notes and noticed that drop rates were buffed for solo-offline. I definitely noticed more quality items dropping while playing solo, like sets and unique pieces. I leveled a monk to 50 in solo offline.

Peak activity for the game however would be during prime hours in Japan if you're looking to multiplayer. That might not be convenient for American or European players.

Last edited:

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started playing online today, it's fun so far.

You level very quickly, at least for the first 10 levels. I was getting at least 1 level per dungeon run. I believe the cap is 95 or 99, so no idea if it holds true throughout. It causes low-key stress, trying to keep skills at cap each level.

The game is very obviously an Early Access product, but it's playable up through the level cap and group dynamics are already a ton of fun. Lots of basic QoL stuff that's expected from a finished product aren't present yet. So you have several chat/log windows, but no way to parse them, no way to customize data etc. The skill bar is currently pre-set (each class has 10 abilities that are locked to a specific slot), no idea if it will be expanded or changed later in development. For now, even though customizable skill bars and expansive skill selection are kinda expected in MMOs I find it surprisingly easy to play with and fun. Everything is bare-bones. So far loot/itemization has been a straight rip from Diablo (including some randomly generated item names :-D), don't know if you can get unique equipment or not. I assume you can but I haven't seen any.

Grouping dynamics are a lot of fun so far. You're not going to see FF XI levels of group skill expression, but there's room for all classes to be useful.

Speaking of groups, classes are in the middle of receiving unique talent trees to go with their skills. Currently 4 (of 14) have completed their overhauls.
- Tanks have Shadow Knights and Warriors
- no DPS classes have talent trees yet
- Healers have Shamans
- Utility has Templars

The dev looks to be doing about 1 class per month, so a pretty decent clip.

There is no exploration to speak of. Dungeons are randomly generated and allow for some interaction. I'm totally fine with it so far. Honestly with a little work the dungeon exploration could be a lot of fun even in a bare-bones state.

I'll post more later.

If anyone wants to play hit me up, my current char ingame is a Shadowknight named Kalarion. You can also talk to me on HQ's IRC channel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom