Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New action steampunk RPG - Silverfall

don_tomaso

Liturgist
They should make the whole world with cell shading, it looks out of place when charaters are shaded but not the world around them

denizsi

Arcane
Yes. A hawt elf with big boobies. Who could've seen that one coming?

At least that's not some chain or plate armor.

Though there could be such in screenshots.

# Build your team of two from a choice of eight companions. Each of them has their own story, background, abilities and can endow you with quests. The way you treat them will alter their loyalties ? they can become your friend for life or even a lover

Oh finally an in game lover, even hentai games are rejecting me these days.

denizsi

Arcane
I wonder if you can sell your partner as a sex slave or at least make money off him/her through sexual activities.

Texas Red

Whiner
denizsi said:

Haha! Is there a rule Im not aware of that dictates all fantasy games to have bimbos with huge implanted boobs in them? And do fantasy worlds have such a high level plastic surgery?

Wasnt there a Russian steampunk fantasy game called Not the Time for Dragos? Yeah, well, that looked better. Or was it the same? Eh, it seemed nice, anyway.

In a world divided between Nature and Technology, towns are built up following the Way their inhabitants chose. Check out here 2 new Concept Arts of buildings in a Nature village.

Amazing. I guess the "divided between nature and technology" part was to be taken literally. Homogeneous "towns" are the best way to represent social conflict and cultural strife, more than ever in a setting defined by a philosophical schizm of such proportions that is the main attractive of the game's world. And no wonder the steampunk potential is so absent in both the trailer and the screenshots: village sized industrial centers who waste what little resources and production they can manage to have with a population on the lower realm of the three digits on huge and complex mechanized steel gates are the way to assure nature remain dominant through mere economy.

The companions are comrades-in-arms who help the player more or less efficiently in the quest. Their effectiveness is directly bound to the relationship gauge between the player and his companion. The higher the gauge the more effective the companion is in combat. The player therefore should build good relationships with his companions during the quest and dialogues. The diversity of these companions and their assertive personalities can make managing these relationships quite demanding.

What, if well implemented, would mean: "The hero hurt my feelings and so i am going to fight like a noob against this big steam dragon thingy that seeks my death with boiling rage." A very realistic and smart design choice, indeed. An entire party of sword wielding Emos. A dream made true.

And what about those little warriors in the trailer fighting cthulhu-lite sized monsters with their cute mechanized axes? It is rumored a rudimentary predecessor of the gattling gun was invented but censored by some king or another in feudal times, far before the steampunk ages. One would guess a society undergoing industrial revolution would at least have muskets, and that if the so-called inventors had the ingenuity of a mushroom. They can build steam dragons, a variety of bizarre robots, and they are fighting with pointy sticks? At least they have crazy steampunk goblins. That's kosher.

But no gizmos, no guns, no tesla, steam-robots made of wood (ain't that smart?), a world undergoing industrialization (poor things, they do not know what they are getting into) where philosophical homogeneous villages are the higher manifestation of a thriving and conflicted civilization, a producer whose name gang rapes both one of my favorite characters and one of my favorite books with the sheer stupidity of their already released games, and hot red haired elf chicks?

Weee. I am really exited about this one.

denizsi

Arcane
By the way, isn't the "Nature vs. Technology" a faulty premise? I think a Mysticism, Supernaturalism or Sorcery vs. Technology would sound more accurate.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It doesnt look cell-shaded...just that all characters have a black line around them for clarity.
It would be nice is FPSes did that. In a lot of them all of the models fade into the background, like that Wild Western games that I tried out a while back.

By the way, isn't the "Nature vs. Technology" a faulty premise? I think a Mysticism, Supernaturalism or Sorcery vs. Technology would sound more accurate.
Of course it isn't! Everyone knows that if humans were just a little more thoughtful we could live in complete harmony with nature in communes where we would spend our time stoned out of our mind and possibly raging against machines.

Shoelip

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
denizsi said:

Haha! Is there a rule Im not aware of that dictates all fantasy games to have bimbos with huge implanted boobs in them? And do fantasy worlds have such a high level plastic surgery?

Wasnt there a Russian steampunk fantasy game called Not the Time for Dragos? Yeah, well, that looked better. Or was it the same? Eh, it seemed nice, anyway.

Well Oblivion didn't have any breast implants. :lol:

Direwolf

Arcane
Didn't you get the memo? They are planned in the next mini-mod for $2.95.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom