Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Awesome Monumental Bloodbowl League Association

Might as well drop me from the league. I'm taking 21 credits this semester and still working 30 hours a week, plus trying to have sex every now and then.

Mantiis

Cipher
Oh well at least we know now. The good news is FSM had the bye this week so this has no effect for the current round. When I get back in a couple of days I will boot pobbles and FSM and see what that does to the in game league/fixtures. At the very least we will know what that little x next to everyone's name does (which i guess you guys can't see).

At worst we will recreate the league and keep the teams that we currently have.

Anyone seen Perfect Fool? Does he live? I have been following his Lets Play but he hasn't updated it since last year which was also his last post.

Perfect Fool

Scholar
Sorry, I'm in the middle of exams at the moment, back at college as a mature student this year in preparation for hopefully going to uni next year (bored of working and want to dodge taxes fr a while) so I can't afford to fuck them up too badly.

I finishthem next week so they're not much of a hassle, just had to put most things on hold for a bit. Should be able to fit a game in this week though, I don't need every second of my life for revision...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Perfect Fool said:
Sorry, I'm in the middle of exams at the moment, back at college as a mature student this year in preparation for hopefully going to uni next year (bored of working and want to dodge taxes fr a while) so I can't afford to fuck them up too badly.

I finishthem next week so they're not much of a hassle, just had to put most things on hold for a bit. Should be able to fit a game in this week though, I don't need every second of my life for revision...

I finish my exams on tuesday, so I'm up for a game after that.

Erk

Novice
Hi guys, im going skiing next week so i wont be available for a game till after tuesday the 2nd.

Erk

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Erk and I had our beefcake slap fest. No surprise, me getting my dick caved in third time in a row. I'll put a detailed write up of our match later tonight when I get back from work or tomorrow morning when I wake up (depending on circumstances.) See if I scored my first touchdown yet or not!

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aah. Something's wrong with my neck, so, calling off of work to give it some R&R today leaves me with gallons of time for a match write-up.

Erk and My game:

I get some inducement money, so I do what I always do with inducement money and hire a mercenary thrower, because I have a team of meatys, and no real ball handlers. I get a lot of inducement money because I suck. None of my guys have leveled up yet. True story.

Anyway, he wins the coin flip and chooses to kick off to me. He either goes for an onside kick or the random number deities saw fit to kick it straight to my troll. My line fumbles it all over the place, and it falls backards, generally where I wanted it to fall in the first place...near my mercenary thrower. Thinking I'm smart and lucky, I form a cage o steel, which he surrounds in short order. Remember said when I thought I was smart? Well, my cage was so ludicrously tight that I couldn't move the ball save a square or two, he surrounded it so well.I attempted to run a couple guys downfield for my thrower to earn his keep, but a few bad block rolls cause an early turnover.

His turn, he slaps my cage around like nobody's business, and surrounds my poor thrower with a cage of his own. I try to set up shop somewhere else, forming a cage around a potential receiver, and forming a gap with my big bad troll. However, trying to maneuver a black orc into place, I have to roll to get through a lowly beastman's tackle zone. If the game had some feedback for this, I would have tried it later. It was only after he failed his roll did I learn that he needed a 5+ to shoot that gap, and I wasted a reroll trying to save my turn so I could complete my daring passing maneuver.

His turn, he clobbers my entire fucking team. Just plop. All of MessiahMan's Apostles get a mouthful of grass. My turn, I pick them up, then he goes for a pass that would have secured a touchdown, and finally gets a damn bad roll. I recover partially, and it's a standoff for a while with a couple of beefcake teams slapnig each other around for a couple turns. No damage, nobody moving the ball. It finally gives as he slaps enough of my orcs down so that he can scoop up the ball and stop right before the endzone for a little humiliation and pain. My turn, I rub the shame in even more by getting a player sent off for fouling. After a couple extra slaps to be sure, he moves his last square for a touchdown. End of the half.

My kickoff, my kick goes wide and leaves the field. He gives it to someone nice and in the middle and gets a good loose cage going for himself. I start to chip away at it the best I can.

His turn he fights back a little, sending a couple guys downfield, presumably to catch a pass later. I send a lineman to be a fly in that ointment, and buckle his cage halfway. His turn, he flattens my lineman, crushes my guys, and scores another easy touchdown.

I get the kickoff with two turns to spare, this time getting a perfect loose cage around my thrower. He tries to plug the gaps, but it's my turn to break free and succeed with a scintillating handoff which clears all his guys and makes it just squares before the touchdown line before it's endgame.

Final score - MessiahMan's Apostles 0, Erk's Reavers - 2

I almost tasted my first touchdown for the league. Next game I'll get one for sure! A lot of bad rolls and bad luck held me back this game, plus, his Chaos team just slapped me around like I was an elf team. I'm used to it being the other way around. Nobody was really injured, or anything too fun, which, with all the hitting going on, was rather surprising, but so it goes.

Mantiis

Cipher
The final game was set to 0-0 at the request of the players so it wraps up a nice bit of fail for the last couple of rounds. I think we have had maybe 3 completed games out of 7. Anywho:

Ok new day:

Mant Vs Perfect Fool
Erk Vs Grunker

Bye: OSK, MessiahMan

As you can see we now have 2 people having a bye because we have 2 inactive teams. What do you guys think about using the same teams and recreating the league? If we recreate we can use star players as they were added recently.

Let me know your thoughts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mantiis said:
The final game was set to 0-0 at the request of the players so it wraps up a nice bit of fail for the last couple of rounds. I think we have had maybe 3 completed games out of 7. Anywho:

Ok new day:

Mant Vs Perfect Fool
Erk Vs Grunker

Bye: OSK, MessiahMan

As you can see we now have 2 people having a bye because we have 2 inactive teams. What do you guys think about using the same teams and recreating the league? If we recreate we can use star players as they were added recently.

I support it strongly, with a "but":

I was up for a game with Perfect Fool today, but got really sick. I've also had a connectivity problem with OSK. Rest of the league has had similar problems. The inability to replay a match when the connection drops is really destroying for league-play. You lose a bit of interest when the final score is handled not by the match but by IRL-issues, and it's especially annoying since Cyanide could just implement an option to replay a game, and it would fix all of these issues.

I think we should give it a last go with the new league, and cross our fingers. I would actually prefer new teams (a clean slate), but the current teams would be alright also.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
History has shown that if you start a new league, you may indeed get a couple of new players, but interest will wane and teams will drop out, and we'll be right back at square one in the same amount of time.

My vote is to press on. I can deal with two byes. This is probably going to happen no matter how many times you restart the league.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just to clarify: I'm with you whatever you do. I vote for new league, but I'll stay on this if that's the vote of the rest of you guys.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Huzzah! I found my serial recently and I'm pretty anxious to play with you guys.

Anybody still bothering with this game?

Mantiis

Cipher
The problem we are having is that the game is buggy as fuck and any crash in a multi player game causes you to lose even if you are winning. Now this wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that you can't replay games - that's right, the league admin cannot reset a match and get the two teams to play again. It could be turn 1 and the game crashes on you because you clicked in the wrong spot - why on earth aren't we allowed to replay the match? It's fucking stupid.

And lastly I have since found out why I kept getting disconnected when I play - one of the later patches fucks up the netcode and floods my router with UDP packets when it loses sync with the other player. All this manages to do is knock me off of the internet, I have to reboot the router and by that stage I have well and truly lost the game. The cunts that made this game don't know what the fuck they are doing.

I would love to continue playing but until a patch comes out which sorts out the multi player doing so is just an exercise in frustration. There is hinting that there will be a patch out soon but until then I don't see much point in going to the effort of organising something that is just going to be fucked up by bad coding. If rematches are in the next patch then that would be enough for me to at least try again.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What the fuck? You guys haven't finished this round yet!?

Nah, leagues are pretty much impossible to play until they make some major changes. I can probably scrounge up some time on the weekends if anyone wants to play some one-off matches.

Things wouldn't be too bad if PBEM was possible. But the game mechanics would make it pretty annoying to play.

Yellow Peril

Novice
I suggest your guys just dump Cyanide and try Javabowl instead.
The client is more reliable and bug-free. More important, it has all the LRB races.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yah, I would also love to play, but as it stands, it's fucking horrible.

Just being able to reset matches would be a fucking load off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom