Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Commie Gestapo Tyrant Policies of RPGCodex

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ayep.
I'm good, I'm good. Bought a Colt Anaconda the other day, which is fucking awesome.
Today I purchased Skyshine's BEDLAM.
Been playing other games lately, but not as much. Work takes up too much time.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember Roqua. I always wonder what happened to some of the old timers.
JcEepgX.jpg

butchy

Prospernaut

Why do people think I'm crazy all the time? Since when has being correct about pretty much everything been crazy? You ever think that maybe everyone else are the actual crazy ones since they are all wrong all the time, or extremely dumb? Even when a dummy gets lucky and gets something right, they are still dumb so it doesn't count.

butchy

Prospernaut
Can you share the wang this way and unban my account please, mister? I can see if I was banned for a reason but I was not. At least not that I can figure out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who the fuck are you? And why are you allowed to talk? What makes you think you can just bleat your fucking monkey gibberish in my fucking thread you piece of shit? Why do you do something useful and go make me a Matzo Ball, bitch.

Such hostility. This isn't a "newfag staff destroying mah old-time Codex culture" thing, friend. You got done in by one of your own.

No honor among oldfags.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Whoawhoa we have an edgy nitezschean genealogist here. Honor is what the master attributes to himself when the slave has been defeated to justify his domination; so stop the oppression and someone tell us newfags what the fuck is happening here, I need to understand the drama. Thx

butchy

Prospernaut
Such hostility. This isn't a "newfag staff destroying mah old-time Codex culture" thing, friend. You got done in by one of your own.

No honor among oldfags.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I would point you to this long, sincere, and heartfelt apology I made about my unacceptable nerd rage and hostility, but you pricks keep deleting almost everything I write for some reason. But I apologize for my mean and hurtful words. I am sorry.

Can I ask you to see things from my perspective for a moment? You are chased away from RPGWatch by a bunch of puritanical hate-mongers. You decide to make some simple posts at a site you used to be welcomed at where you felt you could express yourself without having every single post deleted and edited or puritans assaulting you with pitch forks. You even make a post looking for an online friend/platonic lover. And then BAN. All posts deleted. Ban. Delete. Repeat.

Then, you are ignored by staff until they decide to say that you are actually a person who you may have a great desire to rape the orifices of. I am not a homosexual at all or even a teeny bit, but my hate is great enough I could make it happen with that fucking useless invalid (allegedly). I would figure out how to get a boner, and maintain it as I fuck every hole of his I can (allegedly). I don’t know if saying allegedly after these things legally protects me or not, but I guess it is better than nothing.

I think we can all agree the people who post here aren’t very bright. This isn’t a symptom of just this site. It is because most people are complete fucking idiots. So, when a person in a position of authority makes the claim I am a person I allegedly want to rape the shit out of and allegedly beat to death, the monkeys would believe them, right? Because they believe the staff here are privy to information that would let them know that if that a poster is the person they are claiming they are.

I don’t know you. I don’t know if you are entertaining. Maybe you aren’t a complete idiot, but it sure looks like it from my perspective. If you apologize to me and can go a sufficient amount of time without saying stupid shit, my opinion will change, but until then, shut your fucking mouth and bring me that Matzo Ball, bitch.

Secondly, I was having civil discourse with another staff member who seemed like he wasn’t a full blown retard. And then like a monkey idiot said I am not me. Again, the regular monkeys think the staff monkeys are privy to information that lets them know what they are talking about related to who a poster is. It came as no surprise to myself that I actually am me. I think me being me and not not me somewhat justifies my nerd rage a little.

Lastly, I honestly don’t care how long somewhat has been registered to this site, or any site as long as they aren’t completely stupid and aren’t a complete sheep. Night Goat is new and I like him. What I absolutely hate the most about people is their tendency to be sheep. They like what everyone likes and dislike what everyone dislikes. They let their betters do the thinking for them and they just regurgitate the talking points. This is so prevalent in today’s society people that are sheep actually think they are normal. In reality, liking what you like despite what everyone tells you it is good and safe to like is normal. Disliking something when the hivemind says you should like it, or vice versa, because you have the extremely small sliver of moral courage necessary to do so is normal.

What I see from the staff here in the last week or so is very sheepy. Everyone hates PoE, loves Dark Souls, have preordered and are all giddy for Fall Out 4, probably don’t even own MMX but somehow love a contentless game like LoG that is 1/10th the game MMX is, owns but has barely put any hours into WL2, etc. Just sheep. Sheep aren’t real people and they don’t deserve to be treated as such.

Now can one of the staff please unban me so you can go about throwing your awesome one line zingers around and playing Metal Gear and whatever other console tripe your betters have told you to buy, love, and play?

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
What I see from the staff here in the last week or so is very sheepy. Everyone hates PoE, loves Dark Souls, have preordered and are all giddy for Fall Out 4, probably don’t even own MMX but somehow love a contentless game like LoG that is 1/10th the game MMX is, owns but has barely put any hours into WL2, etc. Just sheep. Sheep aren’t real people and they don’t deserve to be treated as such.

It's disgusting.

Can I ask you to see things from my perspective for a moment? You are chased away from RPGWatch by a bunch of puritanical hate-mongers. You decide to make some simple posts at a site you used to be welcomed at where you felt you could express yourself without having every single post deleted and edited or puritans assaulting you with pitch forks. You even make a post looking for an online friend/platonic lover. And then BAN. All posts deleted. Ban. Delete. Repeat.

Then, you are ignored by staff until they decide to say that you are actually a person who you may have a great desire to rape the orifices of.

Care to respond to this HiddenX ?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
MMX is trash. Simplistic, straightforward trash.

Actually it's not that bad, just nothing special. But the shilling done around there parts left me really disgusted about it.

Last edited:

butchy

Prospernaut
MMX is trash. Simplistic, straightforward trash.

Unlike LoG 1 or 2, which are both packed full of...nothing. Combat and puzzles. I like my combat and puzzles wrapped into a rpg. I'll take simplistic, straightforward trash like MMX anyday allday over contentless non-rpgs that monkeys say they like like LoG because monkeys are stupid and their betters told them this was some hot shit. I can't wait for more simplistic, straightforward trash like underworld 2, and Star Crawlers, and frayed knights 2. That's one of the burdens of actually liking rpgs instead of pretending to like rpgs between new hot console games - you tend to play and like rpgs. I want more real crpgs being made and not console tripe so I buy, play, and support actual crpgs. Games with real GUI inventories and not non-GUI lists for inventories. No console Ui tripe. RPGs that focus on the meat of the game instead of flash and pizazz. In a couple of years I'll try both Witcher 3 and Fall out 4 when I can pick the GOTY editions up for $5 on G2A. Until then I'll gladly pay $40 for real crpgs that have some meat and complexity.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They're just as banal. If LoG and MMX is what awaits I'd rather have CRPG end as a genre.

Games with real GUI inventories and not non-GUI lists for inventories
Goddamn. Fuck you. Icon inventories are among the worst thing to happen to CRPGs. I don't want to look through retarded tiny pictures of shit i'm carrying. I want names and important stats available at a glance and sortable.

butchy

Prospernaut
I like this Roqua guy tastes. It's interesting that he actually discusses cRPGs.

If you actually like real rpgs and not console tripe then we should get along famously.

They're just as banal. If LoG and MMX is what awaits I'd rather have CRPG end as a genre.

Goddamn. Fuck you. Icon inventories are among the worst thing to happen to CRPGs. I don't want to look through retarded tiny pictures of shit i'm carrying. I want names and important stats available at a glance and sortable.

I don't understand. A list for an inventory is because monkey-savage console users have inferior input devices that make a list for an inventory easier for them to use. Are you trying to say you would prefer a list for an inventory even for a civilized game made for civilized people who use civilized input devices which are keyboard and mouse? Do you also like spending ten minutes navigating through a console UI just to change your gloves or look at a map like in Fall Out 3? With a civilized GUI made for non-savage monkeys who play games civilized we can just hit a hotkey and rightclick on the item to equip and be done with it. Three seconds versus ten minutes = CIVLIZATION! Science has provided us the technology to easily do things on the PC for civilized games developed exclusively for the PC.

So, you like lists for inventories and hate science and civilization. What are you, Amish or a Muslim terrorist?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Everyone hates PoE, loves Dark Souls, have preordered and are all giddy for Fall Out 4, probably don’t even own MMX but somehow love a contentless game like LoG that is 1/10th the game MMX is, owns but has barely put any hours into WL2, etc. Just sheep. Sheep aren’t real people and they don’t deserve to be treated as such.

I don't know if that's a fair assessment. If anything, bashing Fallout 3 is a traditional sport around here and the next game by the same people probably won't be any different. I do think that the PoE hate is a little overblown, but that's mostly because people had too high expectations for it. Dark Souls is number 13 on the Codex Top 50 list - so you may have a point there. Also, I absolutely agree that MMX is pretty much the best CRPG that came out in the recent years. Also enjoyed WL2, but didn't like LoG 1.

I'm also wondering what account you are trying to unban. Ballface? Roqua?

It's a popular misconception that being edgy is hell is how you get things done in your favor. Being whiney as hell worked a couple times, but mostly it's just being a normal person that gets the best results.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't understand. A list for an inventory is because monkey-savage console users have inferior input devices that make a list for an inventory easier for them to use. Are you trying to say you would prefer a list for an inventory even for a civilized game made for civilized people who use civilized input devices which are keyboard and mouse? Do you also like spending ten minutes navigating through a console UI just to change your gloves or look at a map like in Fall Out 3? With a civilized GUI made for non-savage monkeys who play games civilized we can just hit a hotkey and rightclick on the item to equip and be done with it. Three seconds versus ten minutes = CIVLIZATION! Science has provided us the technology to easily do things on the PC for civilized games developed exclusively for the PC.

So, you like lists for inventories and hate science and civilization. What are you, Amish or a Muslim terrorist?
You somehow equate list inventory with console games, that makes you look like a bit of cretin. That's how old computer games used to handle it. Obsession with GRAFICS and mouse support is what killed it in favor of inferior retardation of icons and worse, inventory tetris. Console games tend to use lists because it's less annoying to navigate with their limited input but that's where the association ends. Console games have horrible implementations of list inventories, with huge text and very few items displayed at a time despite high resolution.

Wouldn't such a monocled gentleman such as yourself appreciate the superiority of text-based representation? Or are you just a phony? Quite common around these parts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom