Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

new Disciples III: Resurrection any good?

Is it any good?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disconnected

Scholar
Haven't tried, but I really doubt it's any good. The older Disciples had two things going for them: art direction and tight strategic management.

Disciples 3 mostly has the art direction, but they reduced the strategic management to the near-meaningless, without offering any other kinds of meaningful gameplay. The combat in D3 is... Well, it's far more elaborate than it was in the earlier games, but it basically boils down to using zones of control (tackle zones if you're a BloodBowl player) & ability boosting hexes. Even if the AI could manage one, or even both of those in the slightest, it is much, much too little to make for an interesting game. D3 without the expansion has one of the worst AIs around, but even if it didn't, even if the AI was fucking spectacular... There's just not enough actual game there to be interesting for more than an hour or so. And I'm saying this as someone who really-desperately wanted to love D3.

But hey, there's some great fan maps for Disciples 2 floating about. Go play some of those instead :)

thexspr

Educated
No, don't waste your time. What disconnected said, this trash is irreparable.

Marobug

It's not exactly a classic but it's rather enjoyable. Didn't play disciples III to compare though.

thexspr

Educated
Nope, they are still (somewhat) around. But all teh rights to series have been sold long ago afaik, not sure, but I remember reading something like that.

Disconnected

Scholar
Ed123 said:
Man this thread makes me sad. What happened to the devs of Disciples 2? Was the studio broken up or what?

I don't know the particulars, but pretty much yes. Not very long after the release of the Elf expansion. The core Disciples devs are still making games & stuff, but not Disciples & since 2002'ish, not for Strategy First. I'm not sure, but I seem to remember several of them have kept working together.

Strategy First basically died after Disciples 2. I'm not sure how many times they've been bought, sold & declared bankruptcy, but that's pretty much been the state of it the last 6-7 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom