Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is it worth Dragon Age Inquisition gay of the year edition at 9.99€?
I liked the first episode.
Ahhh maybe,i would recommend trying the high seas tho :). Still it is not that bad if you could enjoy a mindless time waster games. If you look for a good writing or hard tactical combat....no. It has a lot of exploration and collectable things. The main quest is very short and retarded,really bad on all levels. There are enough decent companions to make a perma party so that is fine,i guess.

The main villain of DA:I has to be the best concept (at least very interesting lorewise), yet worst executed in the series.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh maybe,i would recommend trying the high seas tho :). Still it is not that bad if you could enjoy a mindless time waster games. If you look for a good writing or hard tactical combat....no. It has a lot of exploration and collectable things. The main quest is very short and retarded,really bad on all levels. There are enough decent companions to make a perma party so that is fine,i guess.

The main villain of DA:I has to be the best concept (at least very interesting lorewise), yet worst executed in the series.
Yeah,it is obvious that they had to halfassed it because they run out of money or over bloated it. The main quest line is total garbage,it had 4 missions and a final battle. And yeah i do agree with you,it had interesting concept but they really fucked it up. But that is the whole franchise after DA:O. People that made that game had an actual vision and created the whole world,then they fucked off and a bunch of imbecilic overgrown children came in a begun shitting on it. The hate for the original is oozing from every pore in DAI,it is very entertaining :).

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

Who would've thought that finding what the main religion of the setting considers to be effectively eve from the garden of eden boring would do to a story?

The whole "tevinter ruined everything" was such a crazy plot twist (lmao it was actually revealed in 2's DLC, get fucked DAII) and it instantly made Corypheus a super interesting figure. Then you find out he's basically a patsy who was supposed to blow himself up but Solas wasn't smart enough to realize that Darkspawn can respawn.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Who would've thought that finding what the main religion of the setting considers to be effectively eve from the garden of eden boring would do to a story?

The whole "tevinter ruined everything" was such a crazy plot twist (lmao it was actually revealed in 2's DLC, get fucked DAII) and it instantly made Corypheus a super interesting figure. Then you find out he's basically a patsy who was supposed to blow himself up but Solas wasn't smart enough to realize that Darkspawn can respawn.
The first part of DAI is pretty good with all the religious zeal and hype,but then it becomes about much elf magic shit and "duh you are retarded for believing in god lol". The writing really cripples the game,it could have been an amazing game if they give more real C&C options and the religious part was open for interpretation and not some elf garbage lol. Also the post end DLC was total shit,you build up a massive power organization but in the end you can't do anything with it and you are stream lined in to being a cuck. Can't even dismantle the chantry lol. SJW writers really do fuck up everything they touch.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

The first part of DAI is pretty good with all the religious zeal and hype,but then it becomes about much elf magic shit and "duh you are retarded for believing in god lol". The writing really cripples the game,it could have been an amazing game if they give more real C&C options and the religious part was open for interpretation and not some elf garbage lol. Also the post end DLC was total shit,you build up a massive power organization but in the end you can't do anything with it and you are stream lined in to being a cuck. Can't even dismantle the chantry lol. SJW writers really do fuck up everything they touch.

>elf garbage

Bioware has so aggressively shat on the elves in Dragon Age Media post II that some of their fans have had very public meltdowns, especially the reveal that Elvenahn was destroyed by a civil war and Tevinter just showed up to pick through the bones of a dead civilization, and not the "the humans invaded us, used filthy cheating human trickery and then killed us all and enslaved us, its not our fault we're like this" narrative you're fed.

In general, Dragon Age is about questioning narratives. Dragon Age II even makes this into a meta joke at the beginning. Dragon Age Inquisition does this too. I'm excited to learn more about Tevinter and the Qunari, because all we know is very little. I doubt Iron Bull was telling the truth

Falksi

Arcane
it could have been an amazing game if they give more real C&C options and the religious part was open for interpretation and not some elf garbage lol.

:what:

No idea how your suggestion would trim the 50 odd hours of shit filler in there to make said "amazing game". Nor fix the God awful combat either. Nor scrape the sour taste of over saturated SJW bullshit throughout. etc. etc.

The only thing that would have made DA:I an amazing game, is if it were another game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
it could have been an amazing game if they give more real C&C options and the religious part was open for interpretation and not some elf garbage lol.

No idea how your suggestion would trim the 50 odd hours of shit filler in there to make said "amazing game". Nor fix the God awful combat either. Nor scrape the sour taste of over saturated SJW bullshit throughout. etc. etc.

The only thing that would have made DA:I an amazing game, is if it were another game.
:hmmm:
If you dislike those games,why are you bitching about it here?

DAI's mechanics are serviceable,if the had delivered a good story and nice powerful player options,it would have been great. If you play dragon age games for the combat....well the problem is in you lol. It is a storyfag game with an interesting lore and world,the same as warhammer.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

DAI's mechanics are serviceable,if the had delivered a good story and nice powerful player options,it would have been great. If you play dragon age games for the combat....well the problem is in you lol. It is a storyfag game with an interesting lore and world,the same as warhammer.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I think they meant interesting lore and world, not the storyfag part.

Or do they?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I think they meant interesting lore and world, not the storyfag part.

Or do they?
Well in reality warhammer is only good because of the setting,the combat system is pretty much generic and nothing special. And the setting is pretty much the same as DA games,a medieval evropa in a fantasy world. Tho warhammer is more fleshed out.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Age of Sigmar is haram.
nd0aS7l.jpg

It's a shame that they've abandoned Fantasy Battles for AoS. Weird fucking move. I don't see why they couldn't just release an alternative, simpler ruleset for Fantasy Battles, if their goal was to make it easier to get into. My first army was the Orcs and Goblins starter set and I fucking loved that shit

Regardless, we still have 40k, which is the better fluff anyway.
heAwTzv.jpg

Falksi

Arcane

Origins I think is brilliant, but you've got to be supertarded not to recognize DA:I's vast amount of flaws, and thinking changing just the C&C would make it an "amazing game" is bollocks. There's a million other things wrong with it.

You don't have to play a game for the combat for said combat to bog it down. Similarly, DA:I's story is padded out with a shit load of filler & bullshit tasks in between, so again to think giving it more C&C would solve that is daft.

I agree that the world & lore is interesting, even though they took it onto fandom realms at points in the sequels.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I agree that the world & lore is interesting, even though they took it onto fandom realms at points in the sequels.

It's some species of hilarity and despair that DA is probably the best worldbuilding BioWare ever did, and yet they will never fulfill the promise of a good game in the setting.

DA:O is the best we'll get, unless they grow a spine, break free from EA, and get a new influx of talent.

That's not gonna happen.

Cael

Arcane

It's some species of hilarity and despair that DA is probably the best worldbuilding BioWare ever did, and yet they will never fulfill the promise of a good game in the setting.

DA:O is the best we'll get, unless they grow a spine, break free from EA, and get a new influx of talent.

That's not gonna happen.
The queue of "talent" these days can be exemplified by that fat lying cunt Kevin Maginn, who lied to get his job and then a few years later, he trumpets his butthurt at being fired by claiming he doesn't know anything about what he claimed he knew intimately. Face it, the new generation of fucktards wanting to write games (not make them, although they bill themselves as game developers) are a useless bunch of cunts. Unless you get together a bunch of 40+ year old men, whatever game that comes out is going to be a pile of dog crap garnished with cat vomit.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

That's not gonna happen.
The queue of "talent" these days can be exemplified by that fat lying cunt Kevin Maginn, who lied to get his job and then a few years later, he trumpets his butthurt at being fired by claiming he doesn't know anything about what he claimed he knew intimately. Face it, the new generation of fucktards wanting to write games (not make them, although they bill themselves as game developers) are a useless bunch of cunts. Unless you get together a bunch of 40+ year old men, whatever game that comes out is going to be a pile of dog crap garnished with cat vomit.

Wasn't Fallout 1 made by a bunch of idiots in their early 20's? Age means nothing.

Cael

Arcane

That's not gonna happen.

Wasn't Fallout 1 made by a bunch of idiots in their early 20's? Age means nothing.
These days, not 20 years ago.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

That's not gonna happen.

Lol, they are fully-owned subsidiary. They are never gonna 'break free'.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Folks who think that DA:I had a good story are retarded.

Remember when the series was a dark fantasy, instead of generic high whimsical heroic fantasy where a bunch of cucks can declare themselves authoritative power, without every lord in the vicinity coming to question and fuck them over?

Oh a new interesting conflict? GTFO, here is another rehash of mage vs templars issue, where for the 3rd game in a row mages are completely in the wrong and are acting like dipshits again, because they hate not being allowed to be walking nuclear bombs that any demon can take a control over and trigger.

Maybe the good part of the story is retardedly poorly written villain, that you don't feel any threat from through the game? Cause he looks and acts like a villain from cartoon for kids (imo giving him too much credit, cause villains I see in modern cartoons are significantly better characters both in design and writing).

Chosen one who has special power to deal with space-anal holes, wow still cool after like ~2000 other stories with this exact basic premise.

The best parts of the story are references to the DA:O, that says enough about inquisition's story quality.

They should have just turned it a full-fledged dating simulator, cause companions obviously was the only thing they gave a fuck about.

flushfire

Augur
I dont remember much about DAI mostly that it was like a single player MMO but from what I remember the combat was OK. Nothing "God awful" about it. That title belongs to Risen 2 combat.

GrainWetski

Arcane
They should have just turned it a full-fledged dating simulator, cause companions obviously was the only thing they gave a fuck about.
Definitely showed with that great set of characters.

Overly flamboyant homo, big black non-human homo, tranny, troglodyke elf, emo homo, rigger, the gayest dwarf there ever was and a faggy bald elf.

Then we have Leliana, mutt dyke and generic man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom