Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New IPLY forum fun!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Apparently the new forums for all of <a href="http://www.blackisle.com">BIS</a>'s games have been moved to the <A href="http://forums.interplay.com/">new, spanking Interplay forums</a>, where you can meet lovely chaps who moderate the forums, like <A href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=987">this Lord Jim guy</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I have taken over Corith's duties and allowed him to return to writing his *beep* C# junk.
<br>
<br>
Life as you know has changed. This are not your boards. They are mine. I am the final word. If you can't follow the rules I will ban you. I don't want to read you crap anyway. You want free speech, go preach on the street corner.
<br>
<br>
When word reaches me, I will give you one warning, and one warning only. If you fail to listen, you will be banned. So I better not hear about any more crap posts from anybody.
<br>
<br>
If you post junk in my threads, I will delete thread, no warning, no explainations. You don't like it - tough. My word is law. This is not subect to debate. You want to whine about it, I'll send you packing.
<br>
<br>
Do not send me PM with your whines and complaints. I don't want to hear them.
<br>
I will now open the YOP forum now - *beep* me off and I will start deleteing threads and banning accounts.
<br>
<br>
I've been assigned this thankless, rotten job for the deadbeats who think this is their private playground. Guess what, it isn't. Its mine and I'll kick anybody off who can't play nice with the rest of the nice folks who want to post here.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Once again, <a href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> finds new ways of providing the best support for their customers possible.
<br>
<br>
Is it me, or does this guy just really want to have a pissing contest?
<br>

Jed

Cipher
He just doesn't want anyone to question his authori-TAI!

Anyway, and this is of course obivious, but one of the characterists of bloated, corrupt bureaucracies is they don't like anyone criticisizing them. Not their domestic policy, not their foreign policy, not their poor decisions in the realms of finance, customer service, game release, worker relations, et al.

They feel a monopoly on CRPGs, and therefore are not beholden to the CRPG fanbase. That's why a site like this is such a good thing for the community: the 'Codex draws attention, and hopefully subsequent support, to smaller and/or indepent developers.

Now Interplay is t3h l33t hax0rs. Dare to stick your opinion out, they hack it off.

Pathetic.

Love,
Jed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
XJEDX said:
He just doesn't want anyone to question his authori-TAI!

He also just got stripped of his POWAH. :D

Anyway, and this is of course obivious, but one of the characterists of bloated, corrupt bureaucracies is they don't like anyone criticisizing them. Not their domestic policy, not their foreign policy, not their poor decisions in the realms of finance, customer service, game release, worker relations, et al.

Well, in general, it's piss poor of companies to make the fan base moderators of their forums. This leads to numerous problems, such as personal conflicts between moderators and users, users sucking up and begging for moderator positions, and so on. That's basically the situation here.

If you can't find company people to moderate your forums, you probably shouldn't have forums.

They feel a monopoly on CRPGs, and therefore are not beholden to the CRPG fanbase. That's why a site like this is such a good thing for the community: the 'Codex draws attention, and hopefully subsequent support, to smaller and/or indepent developers.

Well, one nice thing about indie CRPGs is that they tend to have better fan bases than the mainstream ones as well.

When you make CRPGs that any idiot can play, you end up with a largely idiotic fan base. Then you give some of those idiots moderator positions. It's just a really horseshit concept. :)

Jed

Cipher
Saint_Proverbius said:
When you make CRPGs that any idiot can play, you end up with a largely idiotic fan base.

As I'm sure accusations of Elitism! will fly at this notion, I have to say I truly find wisdom in it.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Considering the kind of crap posted on the old BIS forums I'm not sure his approach wasn't best.

Nagling

Educated
Lord Jim, whoever he was is gone, no more admin powers etc.
Banned users are unbanned etc..

Jed

Cipher
Level Drained! No more ph4t l3wt! No more POWAH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom