Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Rage trailer is p. cool

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
fuck yea looks awesome. At least we won't be running around looking for our fucking middle aged father and reading shitty dialogue. PA world + FPS == HEVAN!

Oh yea, I forgot. IT'S SHIT!

In before Skyway!

MisterStone

Arcane
What is it about the apocalypse that makes people want to wear douchie headgear?

But yeah, looks OK I guess. Hope it is more than just GTA x Fallout...

Data4

Arcane
I like how the apocalypse in this case isn't due to a nuclear holocaust, but I'm curious about what caused the mutations.

Also Id Tech... what, 6, is it? It looks great. Much better than the shiny plastic feel of the predecessor.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Data4 said:
I like how the apocalypse in this case isn't due to a nuclear holocaust, but I'm curious about what caused the mutations.

Also Id Tech... what, 6, is it? It looks great. Much better than the shiny plastic feel of the predecessor.
id Tech 5. 4 was Doom 3/Quake 4/Prey/ETQW.

Secretninja

Cipher
I have a large selection of helmets and vests stored in my basement that I am to socially conscious to wear before ITZ arrives.
They are p. cool

Castanova

Prophet
Combat portion looks very good. Driving portion looks like shit. I hate driving levels in FPS games. They're filler / marketing bullet point fodder.

MisterStone

Arcane
Secretninja said:
I have a large selection of helmets and vests stored in my basement that I am to socially conscious to wear before ITZ arrives.
They are p. cool

Have you been able to figure out how to make a functional hat out of a hubcap yet? I've been working on that one for a while...

JrK

Prophet
Looks like another railroaded shooter to me. Check the racing parts and how strategically two hills are placed next to where you're driving. Otherwise all the action seems in corridors or hallways.

Data4

Arcane
Morgoth said:
Rage doesn't really look that much better than Doom 3/id Tech 4. I blame these fucking consoles that hold every progress in graphics back.

Well, it may be that the artists never worked Tech 4 to its fullest potential, but it seems like everything had a glossy, plastic feel to it. Maybe if the specular shading wasn't so high, it'd be different, I dunno. This dulls surfaces down and portrays a grittiness that fits the setting better than, for example, Tech 4 fit Quake 4. I seem to remember a video of Carmack demonstrating texture layering and talking about how much more robust that feature is in Tech 5. Even if that was the only improvement, it's a significant one.

Dickweed

Educated
Morgoth said:
Rage doesn't really look that much better than Doom 3/id Tech 4. I blame these fucking consoles that hold every progress in graphics back.
It's because they're focusing on making things easier for developers and on MEGATEXTURES HOLY FUCK WITH MEGA IN THE NAME YOU KNOW THEY GOT TO BE PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME (they actually are pretty fucking awesome even if they don't give you a really visible increase in the visual quality). Doesn't really have much to do with consoles and the MEGATEXTURES SHIT I WANT THEM TO HAVE MY BABIES are a pretty solid advancement.

Shiny

Novice
Data4 said:

Yes it is? Didn't you hear the sirens in the beginning of the trailer and the announcer telling everyone to "get underground"?

Dele

Liturgist
Looks like a boring shooter with a shitty driving part, it very much reminded me of fallout 3.

It has slightly better graphics than f3, but only slightly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
JrK said:
Looks like another railroaded shooter to me. Check the racing parts and how strategically two hills are placed next to where you're driving. Otherwise all the action seems in corridors or hallways.

I dun ged dis. Railroaded shooter? Corridors and hallways? What the fuck do you want? Even "open ended" shooters are confined in hallways and corridors and are railroaded.

Edit: Unless you mean levels segmented into maze-like maps where you can get lost, but even then it's still railroaded if you know what you are doing.

Inziladun

Magister
MisterStone said:
Secretninja said:
They are p. cool

Have you been able to figure out how to make a functional hat out of a hubcap yet? I've been working on that one for a while...

article-1161313-03D2C800000005DC-369_306x471_popup.jpg

Inziladun

Magister
Shiny said:
Data4 said:

Yes it is? Didn't you hear the sirens in the beginning of the trailer and the announcer telling everyone to "get underground"?

I got the idea from the newspaper in the beginning that a huge space station crashed into the earth. I dunno, I probably just pulled that out of my ass.

Edit: Quick google search says an asteroid crashes into the earth, which caused the apocalypse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom