Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New The Witcher 2:AoK video

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shitty "RPG style" combat where the PC does retarded acrobatic moves that make it blatantly obvious the character is not paying attention to his environment at all and is instead just stabbing wildly. The HP to Damage ratio looks only marginally better than the DA2 demo. Dragon Age 2 with better graphics and no party. Which means the codex will pirate it and finish it 20 times.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I would care and feel ashamed, except that you're an anonymous voice speaking about pointless entertainment that nobody with actual intellectual standards would take seriously, not to mention the self-important imperious tone, sorry buddy better luck next time

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Mastermind said:
The HP to Damage ratio looks only marginally better than the DA2 demo.
Actually, there's fast attacks and strong attacks so I'm betting the strong attacks do reasonable amounts of damage and the fast attacks are more for interrupting and setting up the strong ones.

Ditto on the rolling though.

On the other hand I like the radial menu for the signs.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The combat seems awfully chaotic with the constant rolling and all but they're probably just trying to show off all the moves and make it look flashy and shit. Hopefully more patient approaches with blocking and counter attacking are required or at least viable in the full game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Gakkone said:
The combat seems awfully chaotic with the constant rolling and all but they're probably just trying to show off all the moves and make it look flashy and shit. Hopefully more patient approaches with blocking and counter attacking are required or at least viable in the full game.
Geez, did he block at all in that vid? I was about to retort that there wasn't a Block button before I checked the control scheme again.

dr. one

Augur
Exmit said:
no dice rolls
the video clearly shows The Witcher 2 has both.

Mangoose said:
Geez, did he block at all in that vid? I was about to retort that there wasn't a Block button before I checked the control scheme again.
the player in the vid was a rolling enthusiast, there´s another new footage on Gametrailers and in the second part there´s less roll-heavy combat, some blocking included (starts around 2:00).

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
The combat looks good. Not deep in a RPG sort of way, but still enjoyable. The enemies actually have animations for getting attacked unlike in DA2.

Just bothers me how all of the enviroments look like narrow corridors with a bigger "room" and some water placed here and there. Cities I can understand, but why the hell are there huge rock formations everywhere that block you off? Is this the price they had to pay for not having loading times?

The video has shown some button-mashing action game suffering from overnoised textures often mistaken for "HD", and nothing else. Also - and this is important - the ponytail is too light and wiggly to be hair.
Still on the fence about the game, but that whack-a-mole BSB presentation sure doesn't show it in any postive light I'd be interested in.

.Sigurd

Educated
Probably God Mode for the demo like the last video.

Rolling Simulator 2011

Gakkone said:

What the hell? Another one using the same avatar?

Multi-headed Cow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings it will be best game 2011. Dragoon Age 2 it is by him nothing. The Polish best games. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who agrees little hands up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: x

Stabwound

Arcane
Looks somewhat better than the first game (especially combat-wise; Witcher 1 had arguably the worst combat in any mainstream RPG of the past decade), and I'm looking forward to it, but it's still just the same old shit. It's reached a point where all of these Gothic/Divinity 2/Witcher/Two Worlds/Dragon Age/Risen/Elder Scrolls/etc games look like the exact same game with a different main character(s). You run around the generic hub towns, getting quests to save the farmer's chickens from the exact same god damn farmer in the exact same way. How are people not getting sick of this yet?

Black

Arcane
Funny stuff, you put Divinity 2 and Gothic in the same box as dragon turd.

catfood

AGAIN
Does anyone else get a Gothic vibe from this? The first few minutes, I mean, with the town and the chillaxing acoustic track.

Crooked Bee said:
The enemies are somewhat ... slow?

Yeah, what's up with that? I hope they're more lively in the final release.

Also that metal track was complete shit. I don't mind metal but that was garage band level quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom