Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next MGS on Xbox 360

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Just hear it on the stream form E3. Holy shit. My brother is crying like a baby.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
It's been more than 10 years since the first MGS came out, more than 20 since Metal Gear. The most original game designer ever is still milking the same franchise?

Why can't the next Way of the Samurai come out on the 360? I haven't really cared about Metal Gear Solid ever since Solid Snake, the namesake, stopped being the main character.

Deacdo

Liturgist
It is listed as a PS3 game, as well, so I don't see the big deal.

Not to mention the director of the previous MGS games isn't working on this one.

Deacdo said:
Not to mention the director of the previous MGS games isn't working on this one.

Really? My interest has gone up considerably. Could no Kojima possibly mean no overly long-winded 30-minute cutscenes, less stupid conspiracy about a conspiracy over a conspiracy conspiring against another conspiracy crap, and more gameplay?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
It's been more than 10 years since the first MGS came out, more than 20 since Metal Gear. The most original game designer ever is still milking the same franchise?

Well his shitty games with dumb anime stories and non-existent gameplay still sell to stupid kids, why shouldn't he

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Yes, M$ was saying something that they want MW2 to be an exclusive for Xbox or something like that.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Nah, just that 2 map packs will apparently be avaiable to the 360 first or some shit like that.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Epic's new game looks fun (XBLA sidescroller).

Also, Splinter Cell is now more extreme than ever.

Forza 3 has one-button driving. Yep.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Well his shitty games with dumb anime stories
What does that even mean? Anime is not a genre, it's a medium. You might as well say "dumb book stories" or "dumb movie stories". It makes no sense. But yeah, the story of MGS does suck. Which is a big shame, because these games have a lot of well-written and well-directed stand-alone scenes. It's when you put them all together they turn into a complete mess.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Anime stands for inane. No matter how you look at it - it is just a random pretentious crap. And there are no stand-alone well-written scenes in MGS.
A stealth game with a fucking emo vampire. A cowboy guy who wields a cannon he took from a downed F16 as a weapon. A motherfucking walking tank that shoots nuclear missiles. Just to name a few.
Kojima is such a talentless prick - I simply can't believe that there are so many stupid people who pay money for his fraud that doesn't even have a gameplay - only cutscenes.

Oh wait but it has stealth - guess this screenshot speaks better than words:
subsistencescreen7cx2.jpg

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
A stealth game with a fucking emo vampire. A cowboy guy who wields a cannon he took from a downed F16 as a weapon. A motherfucking walking tank that shoots nuclear missiles. Just to name a few.
The games do have a redeeming factor: they are not above making fun of how silly they are. Plotlines still are cheap as fuck and rely too much on twists to keep people interested. Which, ironically, does the exact opposite for me - I stop caring.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So, I guess I should wait until patch 1.1 at least before getting this game? It sounds really promising apart from the issues.

ever

Scholar
First MGS did stealth in a really simple and enjoyable way.

It made sense then cause the game was a game and felt like a puzzle game.

Now when it looks realistic the silly gameplay just well, seems silly.

The one on PSone is fantastic though

Andhaira

Arcane
The MGS games are some of the most boing I have ever played. Thief did stelath much beter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom