Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Night of the Raven English version - bad news

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Gothic II: Night of the Raven; JoWood Productions

Iomar Eisenwolf, moderator on the JoWood boards, has posted a little bit on the English language release of <b>Night of the Raven</b>, a <a target=_blank href=http://www.gothic2.com>Gothic 2</a> add-on.
<br>
<ul><i>Bad news concerning the addon. I've talked with Plex if there will be an english version of the addon (Nacht des Raben), and he said that's a very difficult question. Many political problems are here within and it's not sure if there will be ever an english addon. this is out of the hands of JoWooD and Atari doesn't respond. Seems that the addon is temporary on ice or it died long before.</i></ul>
<br>
I wonder where that leaked English version that I've seen a couple of weeks ago came from...
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Whipporowill

Erudite
And Atari does it again... I'm about ready to give up hope. Too bad considered how great the the original is, and how even greater it is supposed to be after the the add-on.

Ausir... would you know if the leaked version was a talker? Otherwise it might have been a fan-translated text-only one. I've seen talk of such an attempt on the gothic boards, and would make sense especially now that people's given up. A talker would also imply Atari had it finished for shipping...

Ortchel

Liturgist
Well. i hope somebody digs it up. Even if its without voice acting.

How annoying.

ecliptic

Liturgist
NOOOOOOOOO!

... Leaked version? ...

--pokes head around--

Must not have been released by one of the normal groups that do that sort of thing. I wasn't able to sniff it out (not the English version).

MelVic

Novice
Night of the Raven

Hi guy's this is my first post, i found this forum while searching for an update. To all who liked playing Gothic 1 & 2, the deal with Night of the Raven is. you must have Gothic 2 installed "it CAN be english version" next you can download the files that patch your english game to "German" as the addon is German it wont install if it dont. once you install the Night of the Raven you must get that english subtitles patch, this does just what it say's it give you english subtitles NOW as the addon fills in all the missing bits and adds a alot of other things only the addon sections you'll hear german all the rest is 98% english.

Well i hope this has helped somone hear its a shame it'll not be released in english, BUT hooray for Gothic 3

MelVic

PS: If anyone wants those files give me a place to upload them

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Re: Night of the Raven

MelVic said:
PS: If anyone wants those files give me a place to upload them

I would if I could. Even though I didn't care for Gothic's combat, I've been wanting to give the second one and addon a try. I can handle another language with english subtitles. That doesn't bother me in the least.

Fez

Erudite
Another thing worth pointing out is that the Spanish version may have english VO with spanish subtitles, yet to be confirmed though. If you want a full english language version you could buy it and then use the subtitles patch.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Or you can buy the Polish version, use the subtitles patch and have the unique experience of NPCs turning to some strange Slavonic language in the middle of the conversation :) (some old NPC have new dialogue lines)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom