Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nine Sols - Red Candle's 3rd Game

Ivan

Arcane
Sounds like they're going for a Sekiro-like combat system (extreme lethality/rhythmic) set in what may or may not be a Metroid-like world. No word on how open/non-linear it may be, but after their excellent work thus far (Detention + Devotion), I'll be showing my support. Give it a look see and determine whether it's something you may be into.

https://shop.redcandlegames.com/projects/ninesols

toughasnails

That's some gorgeous animation.
Hopefully the youthful Chinese erm patriots won't make them the object of their special attentions this time around, so that they'll be able to actually sell the damn game.

Ivan

Arcane
Gave this a spin for a ~2 hours or so. The opening is slow, with a lot of story and lulled me to sleep. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be nonlinear. Thus far I've been railroaded to the first boss, unclear if it opens up. Boss fights do feel Sekiro like, in that you need to nail multiple parries to inflict big damage, plus you can get combod to death pretty easily. Platforming and dashing feel pretty standard. So far, it's decent. I was hoping for more freedom from the get-go. Will update later.

+visuals look great, animations are super well done, the game just looks and feels great in motion
-the map is horrible and does little to help track your progress or point you the right way
-the game feels very linear (first 3 hours or so). Hope it opens up.

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Gave this a spin for a ~2 hours or so. The opening is slow, with a lot of story and lulled me to sleep. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be nonlinear. Thus far I've been railroaded to the first boss, unclear if it opens up.
Reading around a little bit, the opening is linear and story-heavy, but it's supposed to open up a fair amount after the first hour or two.

Ivan

Arcane
Updated thoughts:
-it has a perk system that reminds me that of Hollow Knight. It helps add an adjective to your playstyle: more aggressive, more passive, or resource driven if you're farming for $ and XP. You're encouraged to tool around it with it as the game presents different challenges
-there is a small focus on exploration. the game directs you into clear zones and not once did I ever feel like I could deviate/sequence break
-the combat feels fantastic, particularly b/c it scratches that Sekiro itch. It has a similar parry system where if you land a perfect parry it charges a resource you can use to inflict heavy damage, and if you parry imperfectly it temporarily removes health that you can regain Bloodborne style
-boss fights are excellent and they get even more ambitious and layered as you continue. I'm stuck at one right now that is encouraging me to change my perks to better fit the fight
-visuals are fantastic. there is a surprising amount of body-horror here that I did not expect.

I have had some crashes and slowdown. I'd recommend waiting for some patches before picking this up. So my overall feelings toward it are getting fonder and I'm looking forward to a few more tough encounters before the credits scroll.

Ash

Arcane

Meh. Sure, fairly good. The backgrounds are decidedly average however. Not a big deal though if the game is good. Keep us posted Ivan

Still, Chinese game. Anyone scoured this shit for spyware lol?

Elttharion

Learned

Meh. Sure, fairly good. The backgrounds are decidedly average however. Not a big deal though if the game is good. Keep us posted Ivan

Still, Chinese game. Anyone scoured this shit for spyware lol?
The devs are from Taiwan, one of their games had a easter egg calling Xi Winnie the pooh and the chinks got so assmad about it they managed to get the game taken down from Steam. GOG was going to release it on their store but the chinks went after them too and they gave up on the game.

LabRat

Learned
It has some nice wuxia/xianxia style battle music.

I like this Peking opera style boss battle music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom