Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo has finally gone full derp.

Felix

Arcane
Actually I heard Retro planned for Samus going around hunting bounty, an interesting concept but Sakamoto didn't let them.

Meroid Prime is awesome.

One thing about FPS controls on Wii recently, they allow full customization from, after got used to them and found a right setting, dare i say it's even better than K+M, especially hip fire.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Felix said:
One thing about FPS controls on Wii recently, they allow full customization from, after got used to them and found a right setting, dare i say it's even better than K+M, especially hip fire.

Bullshit. I have tried several Wii shooters and none of them offer the precision and speed combined of a mouse, not even close.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Watching the first video it was very obvious the side to side movement sucked ass. I admit the actual aiming looked good, but then I don't know enough about the game to be super amazed by it... in any event I have seen more impressive Counterstrike videos.

I'm not super-duper PC elitist ass either, if someone invents a better FPS control scheme I will admit it, that's why I tried the Wii out in the first place.

Data4 said:
We blasted Oblivion for that. Just saying.

Probably because Oblivion is a rpg and and not a platformer like Donkey Kong. This feature has nothing to do with respecting your intelligence. While I particularly enjoyed tackling a level for weeks until I developed the necessary skills / lucked out, most people would just give up on the game.

While you can prod around until you find the directions in Morrowind, I only got past TUBULAR in Super Mario World because of sheer dumb luck.

Blackula

Educated
Pretty soon Nintendo will just sell DVDs with videos of gameplay. Will probably be popular with the target audience.

Hah, I finished that balloon shit. I had only two other games at the time, though, as C64 was broken, so I had a lot of time to try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom