Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Nox Archaist: Lord of Storms Expansion Pack Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: 6502 Workshop; Nox Archaist; Nox Archaist: Lord of Storms

Nox Archaist: Lord of Storms, the expansion pack for Ultima-like retro RPG Nox Archaist announced last summer, was released today. The expansion features a major new quest in which the party is sent to investigate the recent increase in storm activity throughout the isles. The new content is intended for mid-level characters and requires starting a new game to access, though pregenerated characters of an appropriate level range are provided. Here's the full description:

You have learned of Lord Estintar’s suspicions that the cult has something to do with the increase in storm activity. He charges you with investigating. The task will not be easy, but you accept this duty. Your quest will take you to uncharted reaches of the Isles of Wynmar. Traps, puzzles, and powerful magic items await, which may or may not be able to help you. Those brave and foolish enough to face these perilous perils will come face to face with the Lord of Storms!

The Nox Archaist: Lord of Storms digital download includes:
  • 15+ hours of new content, including a new quest line
  • New mobs and new unique items
  • New features, including character renaming
  • PDF of the manual
This is an expansion pack for Nox Archaist, and requires the full game to run. To play the Lord of Storms expansion, you must start a new game of Nox Archaist. You cannot import a saved game from the pre-expansion version. The Lord of Storms Expansion includes the complete original storyline along with the expansion content, so once you start a new game you will be able to play the full Nox Archaist scenario. To activate the new content, talk to Lord Estintar in Nourtheld Castle. Ask him about STORMS. After doing this, you can continue with your current quests, or you can work on the quest given by Lord Estintar.

Like all of the Nox Archaist quests, you can start the Lord of Storms with characters at any level. Nevertheless, the Lord of Storms content is designed for a level 4 or 5 party that has been trained and is using level 4 or 5 gear. For players who want to focus more on puzzles and have less challenging combat, a level 5 party would be better. Parties below level 4 may find the adventure too challenging, while those significantly above level 5 may be overpowered. For players who want to dive into the new content, the expansion includes two pregenerated parties of levels 4 and 5.​

The Lord of Storms expansion is available on Steam and GOG for $8, with a 10% launch discount until next week. You can also get it directly from developer 6502 Workshop's official website.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
include some screenshots nigga

LoSsmall2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Apparently this was a game that was decades in the making, I hope the developper doesn't stop there.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's a commendable hobby, but i still think that time could be used better doing something more complex on modern pc. Or even a c64 port at least...

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I've been looking for a game to run on my Commodore Amiga! I hope it looks good on my sweet 19" CRT monitor!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom