Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 10 hour impressions!

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Voss said:
Greatatlantic said:
As of yet, no. Nobody has seemed to notice what race I am. Not even in un-voiced over dialogue.

Then you're missing it. There are several references to your race from NPCs. I haven't seen anything thats actually changed yet, but several people react to your race.

Romanian-
Freedom of choice isn't restricted by the alignment system at all. Your choices will shift your alignment, but you aren't denied options because you are a certain alignment.

It must be my choice of race then. I played through the tutorial as a Drow, and in that case at least 1 NPC did notice and comment. Maybe it has to with the fact that Aasimir sort of look like humans with nothing immediate to discern their heritage. Just a thought. More likey they ran out of resources.

aboyd

Liturgist
Greatatlantic said:
As of yet, no. Nobody has seemed to notice what race I am. Not even in un-voiced over dialogue.
If you're a dwarf, then when the dwarf NPC joins your party, he refers to "us two dwarves" in a few dialogues, and his initial attackers say something like "another dwarf? WTF?"

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Greatatlantic said:
Yep, I'd estimate I'm at about 10 hours of gameplay, give or take. Actually, probably just take. Anyways, here's been my experience so far.

Pick up DVD version pre-order. Ooogle at the 80 page manual with glossy pages.

Do you have the North American (US) Version? I thought the game comes with a 177 pages manual with this version.

aboyd

Liturgist
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Do you have the North American (US) Version? I thought the game comes with a 177 pages manual with this version.
I have the Limited Edition US version. The manual is indeed 177 pages. It's pretty OK. There is also a 43 page "art book." It's junk.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
aboyd said:
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
I have the Limited Edition US version. The manual is indeed 177 pages. It's pretty OK. There is also a 43 page "art book." It's junk.

I ordered the normal US Version. I understand it comes with the 177 pages manual as well? Can anyone confirm that?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Greatatlantic said:
Yep, I'd estimate I'm at about 10 hours of gameplay, give or take. Actually, probably just take. Anyways, here's been my experience so far.

Pick up DVD version pre-order. Ooogle at the 80 page manual with glossy pages.

Yep, my mistake, it is a 177 page manual. I think I read somewhere that it was an 80 something page manual, and it does have 80 something "sheets of paper". But pages as we know them, its at 177. Sort of smells funny to.

Texas Red

Whiner
suibhne said:
Volourn said:
I've encountered no romances; but I;m a dwarf so I don;'t any of the females would be inetrested anyways. And, one of the females is so annoying, the only thing i'd romance her with is my axe cutting off her ehad like a tree... and, the scary thing is, I'm LG.

I buy that you're a dwarf, but there's no way in hell you're LG.

Wait, were you talking about a game?

I think Volourn is Chaotic Neutral. There is a fiery passion burning in him and slight insanity can be seen in his eyes that many women find charming.

Atrokkus

Erudite
If you're a dwarf, then when the dwarf NPC joins your party, he refers to "us two dwarves" in a few dialogues, and his initial attackers say something like "another dwarf? WTF"
That's one of the nicest things I've heard about this game so far. Really piquing my interest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom