Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview NWN2 Q&A at GameSpot

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Vault Dweller, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Azarkon Arcane

Azarkon
    Wordplay. I always liked Sawyer's writing.

The idea behind NWN has great potential from the perspective of modding. I hope it attains the same kind of community as NWN, which I guess would depend on having a solid SP game, toolset, and long-term support from Obsidian.

^ Top  
  2. Araanor Liturgist

Araanor
    I'm pretty sure they've written most of it from scratch. Which doesn't necessarily mean it will be good, of course, but they haven't had to contend with most of the Bioware kludges.

NWN2 sounds like it might be worth a whirl, can't say the same for most other games out there these days.

^ Top  
  3. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Seems pretty plain, really: Expect intrigue and mystery, but don't expect it to be intriguing.

^ Top  
  4. SanguinePenguin Scholar

SanguinePenguin
    :lol:

That's horrifying and awesome at the same time.

^ Top  
  5. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    You know what, for some reason I have the psionic handbook. I've never played D&D in my life.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. HotSnack Cipher

HotSnack
    Ok I'll bite, what's the deal with deathclaws on skates? Is it some kind of in-joke to explain why they're so fast?

^ Top  
  7. Voss Erudite

Voss
    Read the interview. He says they're patching the original- tearing out the Aurora
    renderers and installing the Electron ones

@Hotsnack- there is no deal about deathclaws on skates. Read.

^ Top  
  8. elander_ Arbiter

elander_
    I have some fate in sawyer and besides they are going to bring back team tuen-base combat, which makes this game almost as good as Fallout Tactics. There is a great and epic and compeling storyline the player HAS to follow and be the HERO of Neverwinter wether he likes it or not but we can be sure it will all be very epic and you will be able to save the lices of LOTS of young virgins, old ladies and children. The usual Bioware crap pile.

^ Top  
  9. Sammael Liturgist

Sammael
    Make note that Sawyer joined (and took over) the project at the moment where the story had been mostly finalized.

^ Top  
  10. Voss Erudite

Voss
    So his participation in a title is once again hollow and meaningless? You'd think he'd be sick of that by now. I guess he figures, hey, this one *can't* get cancelled.

elander- Is the player going to be saving the lice from the young virgins, or the virgins from the lice? :)

^ Top  
  11. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    I appreciated his mockery of PR speak(which is just as annoying as l33t speak)

^ Top  
  12. Rhombus Liturgist

Rhombus
    While I don't agree that it is the best game evah... it is the game I've played the most since it came out, due mostly to the awesome roleplaying-centered PW I play/dm on... which ofcourse wasn't made by Bioware, but without the game it wouldn't have happened...

I would have been stuck with WoW and other MMOs where Roleplaying is all but non-existant.. so I'm thankful they made it..

If NwN 2 has the same multiplayer/modding capabilities, but with updated graphics and updated rules and such.. There is lots to be excited about IMO.

^ Top  
  13. Twinfalls Erudite

Twinfalls
    ^ Top  
  14. whitemithrandir Erudite

whitemithrandir
    What? NWN 2 is actually STREET FIGHTER TURBO 2?

HOLY CRAP.

^ Top  
  15. Ellester Liturgist

Ellester
    Actually NWN2 is not a save the world from a big baddie, like every other game. Although you are a chosen one because you have a piece of sword imbedded in you, so that’s a cliché. Also the town repels the invaders. Your level 1 character is a bystander. Plus they said no one hugely important like Lord Nasher is going to ask you to save the town. You just figure stuff out as you go along. Obsidian is trying to take out the ridiculous you’re the guy to save our world even though you are level 1 cook, same old same old scenario.

The story seems to revolve around the Githyanki more than Shadow Lord (or whoever he is).

^ Top  
  16. Drain Scholar

Drain
    Sounds great

^ Top  
  17. Voss Erudite

Voss
    Right, right. They're just mentioning this shadow guy for no apparent reason. He won't come up as a big part of the quest. Sure. :roll:

^ Top  
  18. Rhombus Liturgist

Rhombus
    A Mystary maybe?.. though the intrigue wasn't suppose to be mysterious.. or how was it.. hm

I love how he repeats himself...

Today's word: Companions.

^ Top  
  19. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "Actually NWN2 is not a save the world from a big baddie, like every other game."

Yes, it is.

Also, they didn't add companions. They were in NWN1. They aren't new.

^ Top  
  20. Ellester Liturgist

Ellester
    The Shadow guy is in a fight with the Githyanki, and then the Githyanki are supposed to be looking for you because of that said fight. No one has said the Shadow guy is looking for you. So, that’s all we know so far, unless you know something we haven’t been told.
    No it's not.

From what we've seen so far it sounds more like save your own ass over save the world.

^ Top  
  21. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    Yeha, that must explain why you have to 'prove' yourself to the Nevewinter Lord. I'm sure the game will end up being save (or (help) conquer) the City of Neverwinter.

^ Top  
  22. kris Arcane

kris
    Hopefully they made them more useful and engaging.

^ Top  
  23. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    SOU, and HOTU already did this. :roll:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.