Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obliblion PC March 20, 2006 ?

Chefe

Erudite
I've already preordered seven copies from EBGames, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to put down a few more.

roX0rz. thx

HardCode

Erudite
Amazon.com said:
Product Description

Product Description
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is single-player role-playing action in the world of the popular Elder Scrolls game. The EMperor of Tamriel has been assassinated and the killer still runs loose. Meanwhile, no heir sits on the throne. With no Emperor upon the throne, the gates of Oblivion open wide and demons invade. Your quest is to find the lost heir and place him on the throne, before demons destroy the land. Next-generation graphics with pixel-shader effects for high-definition TVs, creating lifelike towns & dungeons and the most realistic forests

Who the fuck wrote that? Someone in second grade?

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
HardCode said:
Amazon.com said:
Product Description

Product Description
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is single-player role-playing action in the world of the popular Elder Scrolls game. The EMperor of Tamriel has been assassinated and the killer still runs loose. Meanwhile, no heir sits on the throne. With no Emperor upon the throne, the gates of Oblivion open wide and demons invade. Your quest is to find the lost heir and place him on the throne, before demons destroy the land. Next-generation graphics with pixel-shader effects for high-definition TVs, creating lifelike towns & dungeons and the most realistic forests

Who the fuck wrote that? Someone in second grade?
That's STREAMLINED text for the ones who couldn't find Caius in Morrowind.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Now you even do release date threads on the Codex? Well, congratulations, Bethesda is proud of you!

Chefe

Erudite
YOUR ALL WRONG WE DONT KNOW THE ACTUAL RELEASE DATE AND DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL BETHESDA TELLS US BECAUSE ITS ALL MADE UP LIES AND COMPANIES LIKE AMAZON DONT KNOW SHIT!

THE RELEASE DATE IS "WHEN ITS DONE" LIKE BETHESDA SAYS.

Here2Argue

Novice
Double You Tea Eff

HEY GUYS LETS QUIT THE FORUM BOOBERY AND GO BACK TO BEING ELITIST PSEUDOINTELLECTUALS OMG LOL!

I want to be a cynic again... all this boobery is making me thirsty.

Chefe

Erudite
Re: Double You Tea Eff

Here2Argue said:
HEY GUYS LETS QUIT THE FORUM BOOBERY AND GO BACK TO BEING ELITIST PSEUDOINTELLECTUALS OMG LOL!

I want to be a cynic again... all this boobery is making me thirsty.

Hi, I'm Chefe.

Drakron

Arcane
Come on guys, without that link I would not have searched to check "Sims 2: open for business" and seen its comming out in about 2 monts.

Chefe

Erudite
Question: Why is the Xbox360 version $10 more than the PC version? More Patrick Stewart goodness? Enhanced soil erosion?

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
It is those Achievements that you can put on your character profile on XBox Live Chefe and show other XBoxers how awesome you are.

Drain

Scholar
Chefe said:
Question: Why is the Xbox360 version $10 more than the PC version? More Patrick Stewart goodness? Enhanced soil erosion?
Don't forget Achievements.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Chefe said:

I think an EA spokesman said it best, "We feel Next-gen games merit a next-gen price." (though I'm quotating that from memory. Basically, all 360 games are going to cost $60, and probably all Playstation 3 games at well, Nintendo could go eitherway. Why? Because they are next-gen, duh. Nevermind that identical versions or even better versions are released on other platforms for $50. If you are planning on getting a console, get use to it. Its not just Oblivion, its every game.

Chefe

Erudite
Sovy Kurosei said:
It is those Achievements that you can put on your character profile on XBox Live Chefe and show other XBoxers how awesome you are.

Oh right. Thank God I'm getting the Xbox360 version. Then I can show all the ladies that I have a full suit of demon armor, 60 bajillion gold, and 200 killz. I can also brag to the nubs online and say things like "u r no match for my l33t warrior powahz!"

I already have every Xbox360 game and have played them alot so everyone can look at my Live profile and KNOW that I am a really awesome guy.

Chefe

Erudite
Greatatlantic said:
I think an EA spokesman said it best, "We feel Next-gen games merit a next-gen price."

Yea, I remember hearing that before.

And I feel that next-gen prices merit next-gen piracy.

Fucking EA shitholes. I'll get them one day.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and ... nail the balls of every Oblivion thread starter to the "Post Topic" button.
I have a dream that my four children will one day post in a forum where they will not be confronted by thousands of shitty threads about an overhyped action adventure but will find content worth reading and no goddamn TES board shitheads.
I have a dream today.

Here2Argue

Novice
Chefe said:
Greatatlantic said:
I think an EA spokesman said it best, "We feel Next-gen games merit a next-gen price."

Yea, I remember hearing that before.

And I feel that next-gen prices merit next-gen piracy.

Fucking EA shitholes. I'll get them one day.

If you're serious, its likely because of the licensing costs that microsoft charges for every game made for the Xbox 360.

HardCode

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
it was from the back of the box, you dope

Well then either the person who transcribed it for the Amazon website was in a rush out the door at 4:59 on a Friday, or the box is fucked up. Which is it, asshat?

Chefe

Erudite
Here2Argue said:
If you're serious, its likely because of the licensing costs that microsoft charges for every game made for the Xbox 360.

I see. Well, that's pretty fucked up. Good old Microshit at it again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom